Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   elite is spelled B-R-A-D-Y (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98683)

thunderkyss 02-15-2013 09:32 PM

elite is spelled B-R-A-D-Y
 
I know that's a goofy phrase. It doesn't really mean anything & everyone has their own definition of elite. Tom Brady is one of those QBs that most people agree can be described as elite. Personally, I never really thought much of him. When he was fresh in the league, I thought he benefited from being on a really good team, with an out-of-the-box head coach who just happened to have out-of-the-box players that got it done. After the third Super Bowl, I pretty much tuned out all the Brady non-sense, but I've noticed he has gotten much better as a QB since those Super Bowl days.

I found this article on PatsFan. The funny thing about it, is that he's talking about how he's been getting worse over the last few years. Halfway through the piece, & I got to thinking..... uh, I can think of 16 starting QBs who'd like to have declining numbers like that. I know it's not all about the numbers & Tom Brady would be the first one to tell you he'd rather have another Lombardy than some jack-wipe like me calling him elite..... but for the first time ever, I'm saying it.

Tom Brady is elite.
Quote:

But it’s not just that. It’s relative to other quarterbacks in the NFL too. Here’s Brady compared with other QBs in the league, by passer rating:

2010: 111.0, #1 in the NFL
2011: 105.6, #3 in the NFL
2012: 98.7, #6 in the NFL

So relative to other QBs around the league, Brady is no longer performing as the undisputed king. Now, bear in mind that we’re still talking about a quarterback playing at an extremely high level. Brady is still great. He’s just not performing at quite the same immortal level he has been.
To be elite, imo, it's not just performing at a high level. It's not the top 3 QBs in the league. It's performing at a high level over a long period of time. Brady's done that.

Any who, thought it was a well written, though blatantly "off season; running out of stuff to talk about" kinda thing, thought I'd share.

thunderkyss 02-15-2013 10:17 PM

Re: elite is spelled B-R-A-D-Y
 
Here's another QB centric piece, this one from Football Outsiders.

Same three guys at the top of the list...... Brady, Manning, Brees, then Rogers is right there. Stafford has been getting a bad rap lately, but he's ranked 7th by F.O.

Interesting read, I thought.

robroy72 02-16-2013 12:44 AM

Re: elite is spelled B-R-A-D-Y
 
If you have video / audio of the opposing coaches calls, ELITE is pretty easy....

Texecutioner 02-16-2013 03:44 PM

Re: elite is spelled B-R-A-D-Y
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2126359)
I know that's a goofy phrase. It doesn't really mean anything & everyone has their own definition of elite. Tom Brady is one of those QBs that most people agree can be described as elite. Personally, I never really thought much of him. When he was fresh in the league, I thought he benefited from being on a really good team, with an out-of-the-box head coach who just happened to have out-of-the-box players that got it done. After the third Super Bowl, I pretty much tuned out all the Brady non-sense, but I've noticed he has gotten much better as a QB since those Super Bowl days.

I found this article on PatsFan. The funny thing about it, is that he's talking about how he's been getting worse over the last few years. Halfway through the piece, & I got to thinking..... uh, I can think of 16 starting QBs who'd like to have declining numbers like that. I know it's not all about the numbers & Tom Brady would be the first one to tell you he'd rather have another Lombardy than some jack-wipe like me calling him elite..... but for the first time ever, I'm saying it.

Tom Brady is elite. To be elite, imo, it's not just performing at a high level. It's not the top 3 QBs in the league. It's performing at a high level over a long period of time. Brady's done that.

Any who, thought it was a well written, though blatantly "off season; running out of stuff to talk about" kinda thing, thought I'd share.

Tom Brady has the best post season record in NFL history if I"m not mistaken. He has been to more SB's then any other QB other then John Elway and has more rings then Elway. Add that to the tons of other records he has, and if you weren't calling him elite until now then there has clearly been some sort of hate you've had for the guy or some non objective bias against him. He has also played in several different systems throughout his entire career.

ANd as far as his numbers declining, that isn't true either. He had arguably his best season this year other then his season where he threw for 50 TD's. He had a better season this year then he did the year before.

Goatcheese 02-16-2013 04:40 PM

Re: elite is spelled B-R-A-D-Y
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2126381)
Here's another QB centric piece, this one from Football Outsiders.

Same three guys at the top of the list...... Brady, Manning, Brees, then Rogers is right there. Stafford has been getting a bad rap lately, but he's ranked 7th by F.O.

Interesting read, I thought.

Sorry, I can't take any ranking seriously that considers Matt "I can only throw the ball 53 yards through the air" Schaub higher than Joe "Greatest Ever, of all EVER" Flacco.

Do I need to put it? Really.

*Sigh*

:sarcasm:

Double Barrel 02-18-2013 09:44 AM

Re: elite is spelled B-R-A-D-Y
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 2126483)
Tom Brady has the best post season record in NFL history if I"m not mistaken. He has been to more SB's then any other QB other then John Elway and has more rings then Elway. Add that to the tons of other records he has, and if you weren't calling him elite until now then there has clearly been some sort of hate you've had for the guy or some non objective bias against him. He has also played in several different systems throughout his entire career.

ANd as far as his numbers declining, that isn't true either. He had arguably his best season this year other then his season where he threw for 50 TD's. He had a better season this year then he did the year before.

yep. No matter how you want to measure him, personal records, NFL records, championship rings, playoff records, come from behind victories, whatever, dude easily compares to his contemporaries, and in the big picture, compares to the greatest QBs in the history of the league. The only guy that I would put ahead of him is Joe Montana. JMO

Dread-Head 02-18-2013 11:19 AM

Re: elite is spelled B-R-A-D-Y
 
I LOATHE the SOB, but I have to give him his due. He's a fierce competitor who studies the game and gives 100% every second he's on the field. As much as I hate him and Belecheat he's EARNed the accolades he receives.

Dread-Head 02-18-2013 11:20 AM

Re: elite is spelled B-R-A-D-Y
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatcheese (Post 2126495)
Sorry, I can't take any ranking seriously that considers Matt "I can only throw the ball 53 yards through the air" Schaub higher than Joe "Greatest Ever, of all EVER" Flacco.

Do I need to put it? Really.

*Sigh*

:sarcasm:

:popcorn:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger