Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   How does it feel for Texans fans (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98590)

handswarmer 02-11-2013 07:34 AM

How does it feel for Texans fans
 
to watch a team you asolutely crushed during the regular season, go on a hot streak in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl?

Do you think you would have won the re-match in Reliant Stadium as well based on te way the Ravens were playing and the way the Texans tailed off at the end?

thunderkyss 02-11-2013 11:15 AM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by handswarmer (Post 2123807)
to watch a team you asolutely crushed during the regular season, go on a hot streak in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl?

Do you think you would have won the re-match in Reliant Stadium as well based on te way the Ravens were playing and the way the Texans tailed off at the end?

It's no different, to me, than when we beat the Colts for the first time in our history, then they go on to win the Super Bowl.

However, I can't say for sure that we would have beat the Ravens in Reliant. I'd like to think so, but like I said. We beat the Ravens once in what? 6 meetings? something like that. So it's not like it's automatic.

SheTexan 02-11-2013 11:50 AM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
It is what it is! Just proves the BEST team does not always win the SB! Not saying the Texans are better than the Ravens either. On any given gameday anything can happen in the NFL. Luck, one player has an awesome day, bad calls or NO CALLS by the refs, injuries, etc, ANYTHING can change the outcome of the game. I think it boils down to who has the best luck on any given gameday. It's that ONE awesome moment when one play makes the difference! JMO!

Your Ravens got lucky when our dumbarse GM got rid of JJ, and JJ got lucky on Feb 3, 2012. That's just the way it is. Now, he's a "hero" and will get to dance on DWTSs!!:dance3:

handswarmer 02-11-2013 11:53 AM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2123882)
It's no different, to me, than when we beat the Colts for the first time in our history, then they go on to win the Super Bowl.

However, I can't say for sure that we would have beat the Ravens in Reliant. I'd like to think so, but like I said. We beat the Ravens once in what? 6 meetings? something like that. So it's not like it's automatic.

Nice answer' APPRECIATE IT

Dutchrudder 02-11-2013 03:01 PM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
You guys should be thanking the Texans because without the asswhooping we gave you, your team would have never woken up. We poked the sleeping giant and forced you guys to take a good hard look in the mirror and figure out how to fix things. Half that Super Bowl trophy should be ours due to our contribution, so once your "elite" QB is done holding it, break out a hacksaw and ship half of it to Kubiak. Preferably the top-half but I'll leave that up to you guys.

:homer:

handswarmer 02-11-2013 08:30 PM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2124015)
You guys should be thanking the Texans because without the asswhooping we gave you, your team would have never woken up. We poked the sleeping giant and forced you guys to take a good hard look in the mirror and figure out how to fix things. Half that Super Bowl trophy should be ours due to our contribution, so once your "elite" QB is done holding it, break out a hacksaw and ship half of it to Kubiak. Preferably the top-half but I'll leave that up to you guys.

:homer:

You realize that was Week 7?

Wolf 02-11-2013 08:46 PM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
You should thank the nfl schedulers for setting y'all up to play the eagles on their home opener :truck:

If you see what I did there

TEXANRED 02-11-2013 08:51 PM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
Meh, 31 other teams didn't win the Superbowl either and I am not butt hurt about it.

thunderkyss 02-11-2013 09:09 PM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by handswarmer (Post 2124179)
You realize that was Week 7?

There's a reason you fail to see the sarcasm in his post. Care to hazard a guess?

handswarmer 02-12-2013 07:53 AM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2124198)
There's a reason you fail to see the sarcasm in his post. Care to hazard a guess?

That's a heavy dose of sarcasm to stretch that point out...

deucetx 02-12-2013 08:37 AM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
Eh, I have little issue with the Ravens honestly. They are rather classy or at least they are when they play the Texans. Can't say the same when they play the Steelers and Patriots. But when they play the Texans you see Reed helping guys up, slapping them on the back/head and other respectful actions from some of their players. Even when speaking about the game before and after.

What was frustrating was watching how easily (well took effort on their part obviously) they controlled the Patriots offense. Meanwhile we looked like we were in a Chinese fire drill. We couldn't line up, guys were wide open, no adjustments from the previous matchup, etc. Ravens? They dictated to the Patriots offense and made them react to what they did on defense. Texans were the complete opposite and that bothered me when our high profile defensive coordinator. Began wondering if we even bothered watching film from the previous game.

Could we have beat them? Possibly since the game is about matchups but I lean toward 'no' because our mental state was not strong. The Ravens game was the last 'complete' game the Texans played with every facet. After that a freaking roller coaster. There's a mental part of this game that many forget and we lost it probably beginning with that Jaguars game.

DBCooper 02-12-2013 08:42 AM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
It sucks donkey balls.

Feel better?

handswarmer 02-12-2013 10:28 AM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by deucetx (Post 2124280)
Eh, I have little issue with the Ravens honestly. They are rather classy or at least they are when they play the Texans. Can't say the same when they play the Steelers and Patriots. But when they play the Texans you see Reed helping guys up, slapping them on the back/head and other respectful actions from some of their players. Even when speaking about the game before and after.

What was frustrating was watching how easily (well took effort on their part obviously) they controlled the Patriots offense. Meanwhile we looked like we were in a Chinese fire drill. We couldn't line up, guys were wide open, no adjustments from the previous matchup, etc. Ravens? They dictated to the Patriots offense and made them react to what they did on defense. Texans were the complete opposite and that bothered me when our high profile defensive coordinator. Began wondering if we even bothered watching film from the previous game.

Could we have beat them? Possibly since the game is about matchups but I lean toward 'no' because our mental state was not strong. The Ravens game was the last 'complete' game the Texans played with every facet. After that a freaking roller coaster. There's a mental part of this game that many forget and we lost it probably beginning with that Jaguars game.

Nice job

handswarmer 02-12-2013 10:28 AM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DBCooper (Post 2124282)
It sucks donkey balls.

Feel better?

Not really...was looking for more of an answer than that

DBCooper 02-12-2013 10:30 AM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by handswarmer (Post 2124335)
Not really...was looking for more of an answer than that

You asked how I felt.

Luv_ya_blue 02-12-2013 10:38 AM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
Honestly, I thought you were a pretty ok dude until you started this thread. Seemed like you only came around to voice your opinion, gloat a little and feel things out. But now that you're starting threads like this--you seem more like a troll than a genuine fan.

Season's over, you guys hoisted the trophy. Good for you. It sucks that the wheels fell off the wagon and we didn't finish like we started. But you really weren't asking for an answer. This is pretty much a rhetorical thread that should've died after the initial post.

How the crap do you think that if feels?

http://static3.businessinsider.com/i...-questions.jpg

Showtime100 02-12-2013 10:42 AM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
Let me expound on what LYB just said.......

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...icons/bart.gif

Hookem Horns 02-12-2013 11:25 AM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by handswarmer (Post 2123807)
Do you think you would have won the re-match in Reliant Stadium as well based on te way the Ravens were playing and the way the Texans tailed off at the end?

Of course not. The Texans couldn't even beat the Vikings at home or the Colts on the road to secure home field advantage.

However what's your point? I don't recall Giants fans coming here last season running down the Texans. Probably because they are a class organization, didn't steal their team from another city and acted like they had been there before.

handswarmer 02-12-2013 11:31 AM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue (Post 2124339)
Honestly, I thought you were a pretty ok dude until you started this thread. Seemed like you only came around to voice your opinion, gloat a little and feel things out. But now that you're starting threads like this--you seem more like a troll than a genuine fan.

Season's over, you guys hoisted the trophy. Good for you. It sucks that the wheels fell off the wagon and we didn't finish like we started. But you really weren't asking for an answer. This is pretty much a rhetorical thread that should've died after the initial post.

How the crap do you think that if feels?

[/IMG]

Actually, I wanted a real answer. Ater watching teams that the avens beat and thoroughly, go on to win the SB tat same year and being really frustrated by knowing that fact, I was asking an honest question.

And I was looking forward to a re-match to avenge the loss. Before that game, the playoff game was close as was the other game in Reliant when Schaub threw the pick 6 in OT.

Thats all.

handswarmer 02-12-2013 11:32 AM

Re: How does it feel for Texans fans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 2124373)
Of course not. The Texans couldn't even beat the Vikings at home or the Colts on the road to secure home field advantage.

However what's your point? I don't recall Giants fans coming here last season running down the Texans. Probably because they are a class organization, didn't steal their team from another city and acted like they had been there before.

No one is 'running down' the Texans, it was a simple question, we didn't steal anything and yes we have been there before...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger