Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98151)

srrono 01-23-2013 07:09 PM

NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
Jets owner Woody Johnson is reportedly interested in trading the team’s most valuable asset, cornerback Darrelle Revis.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-revis-trade/

CB with a bad wheel I would not take chance unless a low price

Rey 01-23-2013 07:53 PM

Probably want picks...

chicagotexan2 01-23-2013 09:16 PM

Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
Give him Tate and barwin? Wait barwin is an FA right?

tru80texan 01-23-2013 11:13 PM

Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 2115380)
Jets owner Woody Johnson is reportedly interested in trading the teamís most valuable asset, cornerback Darrelle Revis.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-revis-trade/

CB with a bad wheel I would not take chance unless a low price

6M is not a bad price imo. Players are coming back quicker from ACL injuries & playing at a high level. Revis is one of the best if not the best. I think he could return to that level soon.

The real question is what team w/ plenty of cap space can make a play at him. Indy has quite a bit & that wouldn't be good for the Texans if Revis becomes a Colt.

srrono 01-24-2013 08:06 AM

Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
Michael Schottey ‏@Schottey

Jets are looking for a Herschel Walker deal for Revis, which they should take if they can get, but they won't
Retweeted by Bill Carroll

good luck with that

Rey 01-24-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tru80texan (Post 2115516)
6M is not a bad price imo. Players are coming back quicker from ACL injuries & playing at a high level. Revis is one of the best if not the best. I think he could return to that level soon.

The real question is what team w/ plenty of cap space can make a play at him. Indy has quite a bit & that wouldn't be good for the Texans if Revis becomes a Colt.

Colts were the first team I thought of. They got him on my franchise on madden...

Dutchrudder 01-24-2013 09:34 AM

Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
If he goes to Denver or New England, that would be crazy. According to Sporttrac, he will cost 9 million next year http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-...arrelle-revis/

Cap room of all teams here. Denver and New England could both get him under the cap if they got him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...t-cap-strategy

srrono 01-24-2013 09:36 AM

Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2115622)
If he goes to Denver or New England, that would be crazy. According to Sporttrac, he will cost 9 million next year http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-...arrelle-revis/

Cap room of all teams here. Denver and New England could both get him under the cap if they got him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...t-cap-strategy

I am thinking NE sticks with Talib wow what if NE was to have both ouch.

IDEXAN 01-24-2013 09:43 AM

Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 2115380)
Jets owner Woody Johnson is reportedly interested in trading the team’s most valuable asset, cornerback Darrelle Revis.


WAS the teams most valuable asset before season-ending knee injury.

BullNation4Life 01-24-2013 09:43 AM

Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2115622)
If he goes to Denver or New England, that would be crazy. According to Sporttrac, he will cost 9 million next year http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-...arrelle-revis/

Cap room of all teams here. Denver and New England could both get him under the cap if they got him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...t-cap-strategy

I heard on 790 this morning that if teams wait until June 1st, or maybe just the Texans, Revis would only be3 million against the cap...

If this is true and he is traded, I would bet he is traded after June 1st

Dutchrudder 01-24-2013 10:21 AM

Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BullNation4Life (Post 2115634)
I heard on 790 this morning that if teams wait until June 1st, or maybe just the Texans, Revis would only be3 million against the cap...

If this is true and he is traded, I would bet he is traded after June 1st

Yeah something like that. His contract is confusing, but let me see if I can explain it better. Here's Rotoworld's take:

Quote:

9/6/2010: Signed a four-year, $46 million contract. The deal contains $32.5 million guaranteed, including all of Revis' first two base salaries and an $18 million first-year option bonus. 2013: $3 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2014-2016: (Voidable Years) $3 million, 2017: Free Agent

It appears that in 2013, 3 of the 6 million MISC Bonus is part of the 18 million dollar option given in 2011. That option is spread over 6 years, which is 3 million a year. That money has already been paid to Revis and will stay on the Jets cap through 2016. However, I would expect the remaining money to be accelerated to the current year if he is traded, which would even further ruin their cap. I'll have to check into that, but I believe it is essentially treated as a signing bonus, since that's what it was meant to be once the lockout was lifted.

The other 3 million in 2013 is listed as Reporting Bonus, Roster Bonus and Workout bonus by Sporttrac, but simply a roster bonus by Rotoworld. I'm inclined to go with Rotoworld on this, and if June 1st is the date, then yeah the Jets would pay that 3 million, and any team trading for him would only be on the hook for his 3m salary. However, I can't see the Jets doing that, they are in dire need of cap relief. They need all 6 million owed to him in 2013 to go to the team that wants him.

My personal guess is that if the Jets traded Revis today, his cap hit would increase from 9 million to 12 million, which is due to the remainder of his 2010 option bonus. Not a good deal for the Jets, unless they have more salaries they expect to cut.

If you want to read more on what I think is the most convoluted contract ever, check out this article: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rst-two-years/

Mr teX 01-24-2013 10:27 AM

Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
que the outrageous trade proposal by the over-zealous texan fan in 5..4..3..2..1

srrono 01-24-2013 10:34 AM

Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr teX (Post 2115658)
que the outrageous trade proposal by the over-zealous texan fan in 5..4..3..2..1

Here you go I say Texans trade LS Weeks and 7th for Revis lol

ThaShark316 01-24-2013 10:45 AM

Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 2115665)
Here you go I say Texans trade LS Weeks and 7th for Revis lol


Robbery. We'd be giving up FAR TOO MUCH.

srrono 01-24-2013 10:48 AM

Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
Darren Page ‏@DarrenPage15
Jets fans think Revis should fetch 3 1sts and someone's soul, other teams' fans think they can nab him for a late round pick. #TradeRumors

Dutchrudder 01-24-2013 10:50 AM

Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr teX (Post 2115658)
que the outrageous trade proposal by the over-zealous texan fan in 5..4..3..2..1

Actually, trading for Revis is very realistic. His salary and bonus is guaranteeing that you get him for 2013 for 6 million dollars at most. He would essentially be a one year rental for any team that got him though. He could fit under our cap, my only concern is that we simply don't need him and I don't know how close to 100% he will be next year.

dc_txtech 01-24-2013 11:18 AM

Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2115633)
WAS the teams most valuable asset before season-ending knee injury.

Revis with a bum knee is still the most valuable asset on that dumpster fire of a team.

BullNation4Life 01-24-2013 02:59 PM

Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2115680)
Actually, trading for Revis is very realistic. His salary and bonus is guaranteeing that you get him for 2013 for 6 million dollars at most. He would essentially be a one year rental for any team that got him though. He could fit under our cap, my only concern is that we simply don't need him and I don't know how close to 100% he will be next year.

So would you give up this years 27th pick in the 1st and maybe a compensatory (is that correct?) pick of a 3rd if you can sign him long term? If that is even enough...

The Texans 1st round pick is basically a high 2nd round pick, because where they are drafting...

I think I would pull that trigger and let it ride. With the bum knee, you might be able to resign Revis cheaper and hell, maybe even move him to a Safety position when Manning's contract is up...

Jules Winnfield 01-24-2013 03:13 PM

Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 2115563)
Michael Schottey ‏@Schottey

Jets are looking for a Herschel Walker deal for Revis, which they should take if they can get, but they won't
Retweeted by Bill Carroll

good luck with that


Revis coming off an injury is still better than any corner we have including joseph.

This isnt 1990, its 2013 where players come back better than ever from acl injuries.

as for what the jets can get, they cant get no herschel walker type deal for a guy coming off an injury where he missed the entire season. they know it and other teams know it.

They are just frontin and negotiate high will settle for something lower. Basic negotiating tactic 101.

Dutchrudder 01-24-2013 05:08 PM

Re: NYJ putting Revis on the Trade Block
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BullNation4Life (Post 2115850)
So would you give up this years 27th pick in the 1st and maybe a compensatory (is that correct?) pick of a 3rd if you can sign him long term? If that is even enough...

The Texans 1st round pick is basically a high 2nd round pick, because where they are drafting...

I think I would pull that trigger and let it ride. With the bum knee, you might be able to resign Revis cheaper and hell, maybe even move him to a Safety position when Manning's contract is up...

No, I wouldn't do that as the Texans. CB/S is not where our biggest holes are. We would be better off keeping Quin with that money and spending the picks on other areas. Revis doesn't make us that much better, and the risk of him not coming back 100% is too high. Plus, he wants a 10-18 million a year extension, so there would be no way of keeping him. I could see a team like the Broncos, Patriots or Ravens trading for him.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger