Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Do you think we could have beat the Ravens? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98134)

thunderkyss 01-23-2013 01:16 PM

Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
Not that I want to do the coulda, woulda, shoulda thing. I'm really going for a feel of the team kind of thing... trying to see where your confidence is with this team.

So the question is if Baltimore played like they played Sunday, could our team have beat them?

Try not to make it anymore complicated than it has to be, yes or no.

TexansBlood 01-23-2013 01:18 PM

Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
We match up well against them so yes.

CretorFrigg 01-23-2013 01:27 PM

Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
I don't think so. We were getting progressively worse as the season went on. The Ravens team we beat was injured, without their starting corner, Ray Lewis, etc.

I don't have enough faith in Schaub to step it up in the playoffs to lead us to the Super Bowl.

Thorn 01-23-2013 01:52 PM

Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CretorFrigg (Post 2115200)
I don't think so. We were getting progressively worse as the season went on. The Ravens team we beat was injured, without their starting corner, Ray Lewis, etc.

I don't have enough faith in Schaub to step it up in the playoffs to lead us to the Super Bowl.

this

HoustonRaven 01-23-2013 01:53 PM

Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
I'm not going to say if y'all would have won or not (any given Sunday and all), but I do know that this Ravens fan did not want to see you guys during the playoffs.

Our better match up was NE without a doubt.

TD 01-23-2013 01:57 PM

Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
I assumed you meant would instead of could, so I voted no.

Scooter 01-23-2013 02:03 PM

Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
most definitely. we're a very favorable matchup against the ravens, especially with JJ Watt being a major factor. their style of run and outside passing is the strong suit of our defense, and we're better at exploiting linebackers in the run game to take away their strength.

Double Barrel 01-23-2013 02:11 PM

Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TD (Post 2115228)
I assumed you meant would instead of could, so I voted no.

I answered yes because he said "could".

I would have answered no if he had said "would".

Rey 01-23-2013 02:18 PM

Last year people said had we beat the ravens we'd have beat NE. Now we're wondering if we had beat NE if we'd have beat the ravens.

Sigh.

Honoring Earl 34 01-23-2013 03:09 PM

Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
I think the Ravens earned the right to get that no vote . :pinned:

Hervoyel 01-23-2013 03:11 PM

Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansBlood (Post 2115194)
We match up well against them so yes.


I'd say we match up better against them but I wouldn't go so far as to say we match up well against them.

This year I'm not sure anyone could have beaten the Ravens. Once a team starts to roll and pick up that kind of momentum it's hard for anyone to stop it. From a talent perspective yes, we match up better with the Ravens than we do with the Patriots. In terms of coaching we are clearly lacking in comparison to both of them.

markn 01-23-2013 03:12 PM

Not a chance.

silentassassin 01-23-2013 03:30 PM

Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 2115245)
Last year people said had we beat the ravens we'd have beat NE. Now we're wondering if we had beat NE if we'd have beat the ravens.

Sigh.

Funny how that works, huh? :splits:

Dread-Head 01-23-2013 03:35 PM

Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
No doubt in my mind.

eriadoc 01-23-2013 03:57 PM

Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dread-Head (Post 2115271)
No doubt in my mind.

Me either. They would have kicked the Texans' asses up and down the field. Not only is it just hard to beat a good team twice in the NFL, but the Texans were getting worse as the year progressed. There were maybe two playoff teams they could have beaten, and CIN was one of them. The Ravens weren't.

Now if they had been playing like they were prior to the Thanksgiving game, then yes. But I think everyone realizes that team died on Turkey Day.

silentassassin 01-23-2013 04:02 PM

Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 2115282)
Me either. They would have kicked the Texans' asses up and down the field. Not only is it just hard to beat a good team twice in the NFL, but the Texans were getting worse as the year progressed. There were maybe two playoff teams they could have beaten, and CIN was one of them. The Ravens weren't.

Now if they had been playing like they were prior to the Thanksgiving game, then yes. But I think everyone realizes that team died on Turkey Day.

I think what Dread-Head meant was that he had no doubt the Texans could beat the Ravens.

Wolf 01-23-2013 04:16 PM

Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
I was wanting a rematch with them , but looking back, I dont think so. The teams were going in opposite directions late in the season

Double Barrel 01-23-2013 04:22 PM

Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HoustonRaven (Post 2115224)
I'm not going to say if y'all would have won or not (any given Sunday and all), but I do know that this Ravens fan did not want to see you guys during the playoffs.

Our better match up was NE without a doubt.

Really good point. I think the Ravens were pumped a lot more for the Patriots than they would have been for the Texans. Your team was on fire last Sunday. I think a big part of that was an AFC championship re-match where vengeance was on their minds.

disaacks3 01-23-2013 04:45 PM

Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
Could? Certainly.

Would? That's another matter, but homefield and confidence got a heck of a long way.

IMHO - I honestly think the Texans convinced themselves they couldn't beat Brady & Co.

dc_txtech 01-23-2013 05:03 PM

Re: Do you think we could have beat the Ravens?
 
Could - of course
Would - maybe

Who here wanted to face NE in the playoffs? They were a matchup nightmare for us, Baltimore not so much. Ravens have an awesome team and it wouldn't have been easy but yeah, I think we probably would have beat them. I'm also assuming we would have played them at home since we had a higher seed than them.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger