Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   HOU should trade 4 ILB Daryl Washington ARZ (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98128)

srrono 01-23-2013 09:49 AM

HOU should trade 4 ILB Daryl Washington ARZ
 
Height: 6-2
Weight: 238
Born: Oct 9, 1986 - Irving, Texas
College: TCU
Draft: 2010 - 2nd round 15th pick by the Arizona Cardinals

How difficult is it for a 34 ILB to convert to a 43 LB?

Arizona hired a new Coach Bruce Arians who brought in DC Todd Bowles former DC of PHI Reports are saying ARZ will be changing from the 34 defense to a 43 defense that Bradley ran in . Daryl Washington is a star ILB who in 2012 had 134 tackles 9 sacks 1 int. What would be fair value in a trade for Washington? This could be a similar situation that Ryans was in. Texans traded LB DeMeco Ryans to Eagles for 4th rounder, I wonder if Houston could get Washington for a 3rd or a 4th?

Remaining salary
2013/2014 - 2,400,000
2014/2015 - 2,900,000
2015/2016 - 3,400,000
2016/2017 - 4,400,000

This is a complete pipe dream but hey thats what forums are for right lol.

LB core of
Mercilous Washington Cushing Brooks
Scary

b0ng 01-23-2013 09:53 AM

Re: HOU should trade 4 ILB Daryl Washington ARZ
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 2115059)
Height: 6-2
Weight: 238
Born: Oct 9, 1986 - Irving, Texas
College: TCU
Draft: 2010 - 2nd round 15th pick by the Arizona Cardinals

How difficult is it for a 34 ILB to convert to a 43 LB?

Arizona hired a new Coach Gus Bradley who brought in DC Todd Bowles former DC of SEA. Reports are saying ARZ will be changing from the 34 defense to a 43 defense that Bradley ran in SEA. Daryl Washington is a star ILB who in 2012 had 134 tackles 9 sacks 1 int. What would be fair value in a trade for Washington? This could be a similar situation that Ryans was in. Texans traded LB DeMeco Ryans to Eagles for 4th rounder, I wonder if Houston could get Washington for a 3rd or a 4th?

Remaining salary
2013/2014 - 2,400,000
2014/2015 - 2,900,000
2015/2016 - 3,400,000
2016/2017 - 4,400,000

This is a complete pipe dream but hey thats what forums are for right lol.

LB core of
Mercilous Washington Cushing Brooks
Scary

BZZZZZZZZZT! Gus Bradley is the HC of the Jacksonville Jaguars. I doubt AZ is going to just trade their young talent until they prove they can't handle a scheme change, if in fact that is what will happen in AZ.

srrono 01-23-2013 09:59 AM

Re: HOU should trade 4 ILB Daryl Washington ARZ
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ng (Post 2115061)
BZZZZZZZZZT! Gus Bradley is the HC of the Jacksonville Jaguars. I doubt AZ is going to just trade their young talent until they prove they can't handle a scheme change, if in fact that is what will happen in AZ.

Bruce Arians my bad I was reading about Bradley and mix them up.

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/201...-a-4-3-defense

34 ILB to a 43 LB may not be a hard transition I don't know.

Daryl Washington- Washington is the main concern I have heading to any type of traditional 4-3 defense, as I see him being successful, but don't see a guy who is going to be nearly as effective as he was in his near All Pro 2012 season. From link above

Dutchrudder 01-23-2013 10:16 AM

Re: HOU should trade 4 ILB Daryl Washington ARZ
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 2115059)
Height: 6-2
Weight: 238
Born: Oct 9, 1986 - Irving, Texas
College: TCU
Draft: 2010 - 2nd round 15th pick by the Arizona Cardinals

How difficult is it for a 34 ILB to convert to a 43 LB?

Arizona hired a new Coach Bruce Arians who brought in DC Todd Bowles former DC of SEA. Reports are saying ARZ will be changing from the 34 defense to a 43 defense that Bradley ran in SEA. Daryl Washington is a star ILB who in 2012 had 134 tackles 9 sacks 1 int. What would be fair value in a trade for Washington? This could be a similar situation that Ryans was in. Texans traded LB DeMeco Ryans to Eagles for 4th rounder, I wonder if Houston could get Washington for a 3rd or a 4th?

Remaining salary
2013/2014 - 2,400,000
2014/2015 - 2,900,000
2015/2016 - 3,400,000
2016/2017 - 4,400,000

This is a complete pipe dream but hey thats what forums are for right lol.

LB core of
Mercilous Washington Cushing Brooks
Scary

Dunno where you got this, but it looks like a copy/paste. Should probably link back to whoever did the work.

Anyways, the remaining salary numbers are misleading. First thing is he has 2.418 million in signing bonus left on his deal, which would be accelerated into the Cardinals 2013's cap if he gets traded. That's not too high, but it's something they would have to consider before moving him, and it would make them ask for more in a trade.

He apparently has a 10 million dollar option bonus, which will be picked up this offseason if the Cardinals don't cut him. That will add 2 million to each year of his salaries. The list above left one year off of his contract. So considering all of that, his actual salary structure is:

Remaining salary
2013/2014 - 4,400,000
2014/2015 - 4,900,000
2015/2016 - 5,400,000
2016/2017 - 6,400,000
2017/2018 - 6,400,000

That's a bit pricey, but he would be a welcomed addition at ILB.

srrono 01-23-2013 10:31 AM

Re: HOU should trade 4 ILB Daryl Washington ARZ
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2115079)
Dunno where you got this, but it looks like a copy/paste. Should probably link back to whoever did the work.

Anyways, the remaining salary numbers are misleading. First thing is he has 2.418 million in signing bonus left on his deal, which would be accelerated into the Cardinals 2013's cap if he gets traded. That's not too high, but it's something they would have to consider before moving him, and it would make them ask for more in a trade.

He apparently has a 10 million dollar option bonus, which will be picked up this offseason if the Cardinals don't cut him. That will add 2 million to each year of his salaries. The list above left one year off of his contract. So considering all of that, his actual salary structure is:

Remaining salary
2013/2014 - 4,400,000
2014/2015 - 4,900,000
2015/2016 - 5,400,000
2016/2017 - 6,400,000
2017/2018 - 6,400,000

That's a bit pricey, but he would be a welcomed addition at ILB.

Look at my history I always link where credit is due. I am not sure what you are Referring too. Here is where I got salary info.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/yearly/

infantrycak 01-23-2013 10:40 AM

Re: HOU should trade 4 ILB Daryl Washington ARZ
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 2115090)

Dutch's point is correct - the salary cap hit is more important than the salary itself.

Mr teX 01-23-2013 11:14 AM

Re: HOU should trade 4 ILB Daryl Washington ARZ
 
Lol at Ariz. giving that guy up..

thunderkyss 01-23-2013 11:54 AM

Re: HOU should trade 4 ILB Daryl Washington ARZ
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr teX (Post 2115113)
Lol at Ariz. giving that guy up..

Agreed. I don't see this as any different than us taking Cushing & making him an ILB, Mike even. If this kid is talented, they'll find a place for him. Us trading Demeco, was Rick Smith being cute if you ask me.

AJ-80 01-23-2013 12:53 PM

Re: HOU should trade 4 ILB Daryl Washington ARZ
 
I would gain so much for front office if they made this happen...pick him up!!!

Rey 01-23-2013 01:49 PM

I don't get the reasoning for Arizona trading him...

Itd almost be like us trading Cushing because we changed from 43 to 34.

If we were to trade for him it'd probably cost too much to get him anyways...

El Tejano 01-23-2013 01:53 PM

Re: HOU should trade 4 ILB Daryl Washington ARZ
 
Since we are talking Az. How about I twist this whole thing up and say "What if Az were offering a trade for Kolb?"

Dutchrudder 01-23-2013 01:55 PM

Re: HOU should trade 4 ILB Daryl Washington ARZ
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano (Post 2115223)
Since we are talking Az. How about I twist this whole thing up and say "What if Az were offering a trade for Kolb?"

Hell no. His contract is insane. He will be released or forced to restructure. Get him for cheap on the scrap heap if you get him at all.

b0ng 01-23-2013 02:46 PM

Re: HOU should trade 4 ILB Daryl Washington ARZ
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano (Post 2115223)
Since we are talking Az. How about I twist this whole thing up and say "What if Az were offering a trade for Kolb?"

Not worth the money he is currently owed and would hate to give up draft picks to get that Hindenburg of a contract.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger