Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mock Draft Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Senior Bowl Weigh Ins (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98079)

Honoring Earl 34 01-21-2013 02:09 PM

Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur...s/Weigh-In.php

Honoring Earl 34 01-21-2013 02:17 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
I wouldn't touch Tyler Wilson .

Dutchrudder 01-21-2013 03:27 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 (Post 2113950)
I wouldn't touch Tyler Wilson .

What makes you say that?

Honoring Earl 34 01-21-2013 03:33 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2113980)
What makes you say that?

He has 8 5/8 hands which is 2 inches shorter than Favre's .

beerlover 01-21-2013 05:06 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
My unending argument that Long is best suited inside & natural LG was just confirmed. Despite being 6-6 his arms are too short to play tackle. However this could be key to his dominance I saw watching film playing LG for Oregon. He is country strong with large hands to punch & grab stunning defensive linemen and athletic burst to leverage from phone booth into second level. If Texans drafted him I would expect him to develop quickly replacing Wade Smith.

Honoring Earl 34 01-21-2013 05:26 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerlover (Post 2114046)
My unending argument that Long is best suited inside & natural LG was just confirmed. Despite being 6-6 his arms are too short to play tackle. However this could be key to his dominance I saw watching film playing LG for Oregon. He is country strong with large hands to punch & grab stunning defensive linemen and athletic burst to leverage from phone booth into second level. If Texans drafted him I would expect him to develop quickly replacing Wade Smith.

The hand size is a highly underrated feature . JJ Watt has 11 inch hands , which help you grip , grab , knock down , control , and so on . As a QB , big hands give you grip and control . Some teams think 9 1/2 is minimum .

Rey 01-21-2013 05:51 PM

Interesting.

Texan4Ever 01-21-2013 06:01 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
Looking forward to seeing Brandon Williams, DT. Could be a potential late-round nose tackle that we need. Not sure about his conditioning but if he can shed some pounds and pack on more muscle, he would be an excellent player to plug in the middle.

steelbtexan 01-21-2013 06:04 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerlover (Post 2114046)
My unending argument that Long is best suited inside & natural LG was just confirmed. Despite being 6-6 his arms are too short to play tackle. However this could be key to his dominance I saw watching film playing LG for Oregon. He is country strong with large hands to punch & grab stunning defensive linemen and athletic burst to leverage from phone booth into second level. If Texans drafted him I would expect him to develop quickly replacing Wade Smith.

32.5 inch arms aren't abnormally short for a a RT. Winston's arms were 32 inches IIRC and he was an above avg RT. Although I would agree Long would be better suited to play LG.

Insideop 01-21-2013 06:44 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 (Post 2114065)
The hand size is a highly underrated feature . JJ Watt has 11 inch hands , which help you grip , grab , knock down , control , and so on . As a QB , big hands give you grip and control . Some teams think 9 1/2 is minimum .

I noticed Swope's hand size as 8-1/8". That's really small for a WR. I wonder if that will hurt his draft stock much. I really like his heart and toughness as a player. He seems very "gritty."

Honoring Earl 34 01-21-2013 07:01 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Insideop (Post 2114128)
I noticed Swope's hand size as 8-1/8". That's really small for a WR. I wonder if that will hurt his draft stock much. I really like his heart and toughness as a player. He seems very "gritty."

Jacoby Jones had smaller than that .

76Texan 01-21-2013 07:41 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
Wow, no wonder Fluker caught my eyes. That guy is just a freak.

Playoffs 01-21-2013 07:43 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
No real big-uns at WR?

76Texan 01-21-2013 07:56 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2114161)
No real big-uns at WR?

Most of the bigger ones are getting prepared for the combine.
I don't think any will measure over 6'3 though.

Playoffs 01-21-2013 07:58 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2114170)
I don't think any will measure over 6'3 though.

Dang. I needs me a Mega!

76Texan 01-21-2013 08:09 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2114171)
Dang. I needs me a Mega!

There are two guys that are listed at 6'4 : Marcus Davis and Justin Hunter;
But I doubt that it's their true height.

They are both somewhat raw, especially Davis, but they both have good ceiling.

But there are other guys who are listed at 6'3 (but probably won't live up to that measure) or a bit shorter that are quite skilled already.

This class has all the marking of being as good as, and probably better than the last one in both quality and quantity.... I think. More dynamic playmakers.

srrono 01-21-2013 08:59 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
http://www.thesidelineview.com/colum...wide-receivers

76Texan 01-21-2013 09:06 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 2114212)

Thanks.

srrono 01-21-2013 09:14 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2114216)
Thanks.

Look at Wheatons (highlight tape on page) Offense looks similar to HOU lost of pap

76Texan 01-21-2013 09:22 PM

Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 2114220)
Look at Wheatons (highlight tape on page) Offense looks similar to HOU lost of pap

I had him in sight since last year, but there were just too many players to keep track of if you want to go in depth.

Like I would make a note about a freshman when I saw the Flash of a great player, but then, it is really hard to stay abreast of everything.

That's why I think it's good to have many people here reminding or bringing one's attention to a certain player.

It's a great past-time but it can also be very demanding.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger