Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is Joe Flacco elite? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98068)

AJ-80 01-20-2013 09:20 PM

Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
I think a good argument could be made for him.

Dread-Head 01-20-2013 09:23 PM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ-80
"I think a good argument could be made for him. "

BWAA ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

stingray 01-20-2013 09:26 PM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
No. Elite is thrown around too much. Only elite Qb's are Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers, that's it.

Playoffs 01-20-2013 09:27 PM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ-80 (Post 2113458)
I think a good argument could be made for him.

If you had Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rogers would you trade him for Joe Flacco for a season? (Balancing age)

ObsiWan 01-20-2013 09:27 PM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ-80 (Post 2113458)
I think a good argument could be made for him.

Well, he out dueled, in order, Mr. Elite-in-Waiting, Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning (IN Denver), and Tom Brady (IN Foxborough)...

Three gunfights against press-proclaimed "elite" QBs and he's still standing.

If he ain't, he's playing elite-level football this January.

Dread-Head 01-20-2013 09:32 PM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stingray (Post 2113470)
No. Elite is thrown around too much. Only elite Qb's are Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers, that's it.

...You forgot :hobie: Vince Young :hobie:...BWAA ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :hobie: :hobie: :hobie: :hobie:

Mr. Texan 01-20-2013 09:34 PM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 2113473)
Well, he out dueled, in order, Mr. Elite-in-Waiting, Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning (IN Denver), and Tom Brady (IN Foxborough)...

Three gunfights against press-proclaimed "elite" QBs and he's still standing.

If he ain't, he's playing elite-level football this January.

mark sanchez beat manning (in indy) and brady (in foxborough) in the playoffs as well.

i'm not sure about elite but he's playing very well right now.

ObsiWan 01-20-2013 09:37 PM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2113472)
If you had Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rogers would you trade him for Joe Flacco? (Removing age)

No. But the Ravens wouldn't trade Flacco for either of those guys, soooo...

It's like this, when a team gets, what they believe, is their franchise guy, they don't go looking to replace him with whoever the fans think is the hot QB du jour.

Your offense is built for his strengths and to hide his weaknesses. QBs, despite what we fans would like to believe, are not interchangeable from team to team or offensive scheme to scheme. Not without some growing pains.

steelbtexan 01-20-2013 09:43 PM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2113472)
If you had Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rogers would you trade him for Joe Flacco for a season? (Balancing age)

No for everybody but Rodgers.

Flacco is in the 6-10 range. Remember if not for a dropped Lee Evans pass Flacco would be playing in his 2nd consecutive SB.

Nawzer 01-20-2013 09:44 PM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
No. He had an elite game against the Broncos and today he had a very good game. He has a chance to become an elite QB if he keeps playing at a high level and winning. To me the elites are still: Manning, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees.

MEGA SWATT 01-20-2013 09:51 PM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
His last two games he has played elite fo sho

Dread-Head 01-20-2013 09:54 PM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
:hobie: Vince Young ! :hobie:
snicker....

MEGA SWATT 01-20-2013 09:54 PM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nawzer (Post 2113502)
No. He had an elite game against the Broncos and today he had a very good game. He has a chance to become an elite QB if he keeps playing at a high level and winning. To me the elites are still: Manning, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees.

What have you done 4 me lately? Those guys sucked lately

Foxboro Steve 01-20-2013 10:00 PM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
ask me in two weeks. He's made himself a ton of bank in the last two games.

Dread-Head 01-20-2013 10:01 PM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxboro Steve (Post 2113529)
ask me in two weeks. He's made himself a ton of bank in the last two games.

How ya feelin' Steve? :popcorn:

MEGA SWATT 01-20-2013 10:13 PM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxboro Steve (Post 2113529)
ask me in two weeks. He's made himself a ton of bank in the last two games.

Losing at home, any fans on suicide watch?

SheTexan 01-20-2013 10:23 PM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
Nope, not Flacco! BUT, I think Matt Ryan is headed in that direction. Not quiet there yet, but, definitely on his way. JMO!

MEGA SWATT 01-20-2013 10:31 PM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan (Post 2113574)
Nope, not Flacco! BUT, I think Matt Ryan is headed in that direction. Not quiet there yet, but, definitely on his way. JMO!

No way.

Texcore 01-21-2013 11:00 AM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
Flacco's story is yet to be written. But we do know one thing, he is a heck of a better QB than Shaub.

Texcore 01-21-2013 11:02 AM

Re: Is Joe Flacco elite?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan (Post 2113574)
Nope, not Flacco! BUT, I think Matt Ryan is headed in that direction. Not quiet there yet, but, definitely on his way. JMO!

I disagree completely and am curious how you come to that conclusion. I'd take Flacco over Ryan in a heart beat. Flacco is more fearless than Ryan and has won alot more playoff games than Ryan's 1 win.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger