Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Bob McNair's Thoughts... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98034)

tru80texan 01-19-2013 08:38 PM

Bob McNair's Thoughts...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...41248874,d.b2U

Here's an interview John McClain had w/ Bob McNair. Has some pretty interesting quotes from ole Bob. Seems Bob agrees the team needs a mental toughness adjustment when playing the big boys on the national stage & another playmaker at wr. Unfortunately he exudes all kinds of confidence in Kubiak, his coaches(saving grace for Marciano???), & Schaub. More wins is Bob's goal, but it would be nice if those wins could lead to something more then the Divisional round in the playoffs. Thoughts on what he had to say...

Playoffs 01-19-2013 08:54 PM

Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

Q. What do you think the team needs?

A. “We need another playmaker (at receiver). We want more speed at receiver. Andre (Johnson) had a great year, but we can’t expect him to carry the load for all the receivers. If we say we’re going to run the ball better, we need to make sure we’ve got depth in our offensive line. We need more depth at linebacker. We can always use another cornerback. We don’t have a glaring weakness. We’ve got a good team, and we’re going to keep building on it.”

McLame totally blows the chance to shine the light on Marciano. :smiliepalm:

tru80texan 01-19-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2112582)
Q. What do you think the team needs?

A. “We need another playmaker (at receiver). We want more speed at receiver. Andre (Johnson) had a great year, but we can’t expect him to carry the load for all the receivers. If we say we’re going to run the ball better, we need to make sure we’ve got depth in our offensive line. We need more depth at linebacker. We can always use another cornerback. We don’t have a glaring weakness. We’ve got a good team, and we’re going to keep building on it.”

McLame totally blows the chance to shine the light on Marciano. :smiliepalm:

Couldn't agree more, but we all know McLame will only push so far.

Knowing what McNair's expectations are for next season & next seasons schedule not quite being the cake walk that it was this season, it will be interesting to see if McNair walks the talk if the Texans regress under Kubiak & Schaub. Will Bob be willing to do what it takes & replace either one of them if he doesn't get what he wants & that's ultimately a Super Bowl win by his own admission. I have my doubts considering it seems he is somehow accepting of Marciano's performance.

CloakNNNdagger 01-19-2013 09:38 PM

McNair: We will definitely find another talented WR opposite AJ so that we can say that we have at least TWO reliable targets that Schaub can't get it to.

McNair: We have ordered a fresh lucky rabbit's foot for Coach Joe to replace the one he lost 2 years ago. To Joe's credit, he truly did try to substitute it last year........a chicken leg was all he could come up with........it didn't work so well,probably because it broke in his back pocket when I kicked him in the ass after one of the early preseason games.

McNair: We're going to paint the ceiling of Reliant Stadium roof bright blue along with a big yellow sun so that we can give our fans a better game experience next year.:chef:

tru80texan 01-19-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2112595)
McNair: We will definitely find another talented WR opposite AJ so that we can say that we have at least TWO reliable targets that Schaub can't get it to.

McNair: We have ordered a fresh lucky rabbit's foot for Coach Joe to replace the one he lost 2 years ago. To Joe's credit, he truly did try to substitute it last year........a chicken leg was all he could come up with........it didn't work so well,probably because it broke in his back pocket when I kicked him in the ass after one of the early preseason games.

McNair: We're going to paint the ceiling of Reliant Stadium roof bright blue along with a big yellow sun so that we can give our fans a better game experience next year.:chef:

I hope not! There's no telling how much the tickets will increase in price for that upgrade. :headhurts: lol!

MistaRed 01-20-2013 01:43 AM

Hmmm interesting.

Wolf6151 01-20-2013 02:01 AM

Q: What do you think the team needs?
A: We need another playmaker (at receiver). We want more speed at receiver. Andre (Johnson) had a great year, but we can’t expect him to carry the load for all the receivers. If we say we’re going to run the ball better, we need to make sure we’ve got depth in our offensive line. We need more depth at linebacker. We can always use another cornerback. We don’t have a glaring weakness. We’ve got a good team, and we’re going to keep building on it.

It sounds like McNair is going to help out Kubiak again by pointing him in the right direction. Hopefully we'll see an emphasis on WR and O-line in the 2013 draft like so many of us have been wanting for a couple years. I just hope it's not some late round picks or UDFA's that we're relying on again.

Corrosion 01-20-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhouston (Post 2112685)
Lame owner, lame coach, lame QB .... next year should be exciting!

Dont see whats so lame about his statements as he's saying the very same things many of us are - We need a playmaker at WR. We need to improve the OL , we need improvement at LB and you can never have enough guy's who can cover (CB).

Vinny 01-20-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

same drivel, same depressing post...next post should be positive!

Playoffs 01-20-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Lame owner...

Not.

Honoring Earl 34 01-20-2013 01:21 PM

He wants to go 15-1 which is fine if you win the big prize . Going 9-7 and winning the Super Bowl is better .

MEGA SWATT 01-20-2013 01:21 PM

Sorry, but until they win a superbowl - he's a lame owner.:cutthroat:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 (Post 2112801)
He wants to go 15-1 which is fine if you win the big prize . Going 9-7 and winning the Super Bowl is better .

yup

EllisUnit 01-20-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Lame poster, Lame post, Lame all around.....Next post should be as equally lame.

:kitten: couldnt help myself no hard feelings CK all in fun :)

silentassassin 01-20-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Not necessarily. In his answer to the prior question, he mentioned 11 and 13 wins. Both of those totals include the playoff victories.

The 15 that he wants could include playoff/Super Bowl victories.

drs23 01-20-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Man I say if it's that bad and you're that miserable perhaps you should find another team to follow or even another sport.

Of every post I've ever read from you is negative. Not one positive thought or point yet.

Are you negative about every aspect of your life, or just when you troll here?

FO

HJam72 01-20-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 2112794)
same drivel, same depressing post...next post should be positive!

I like the sun on the ceiling idea! :texanbill:

:wadepalm:

Textan 01-20-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Yup, that awesome season record is now a bitter sweet memory as I prepare to watch New England and Baltimore play the AFC championship, while my Texans sit and watch too.
Great stats, great records equate to squat.

Textan 01-20-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentassassin (Post 2112822)
Not necessarily. In his answer to the prior question, he mentioned 11 and 13 wins. Both of those totals include the playoff victories.

The 15 that he wants could include playoff/Super Bowl victories.

Good Lord I hope IT DOES, no COULD.

thunderkyss 01-20-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tru80texan (Post 2112581)
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...41248874,d.b2U

Here's an interview John McClain had w/ Bob McNair. Has some pretty interesting quotes from ole Bob. Seems Bob agrees the team needs a mental toughness adjustment when playing the big boys on the national stage & another playmaker at wr. Unfortunately he exudes all kinds of confidence in Kubiak, his coaches(saving grace for Marciano???), & Schaub. More wins is Bob's goal, but it would be nice if those wins could lead to something more then the Divisional round in the playoffs. Thoughts on what he had to say...

Uh... as much as people don't lilke McClain, I can see why the Texans like him even less. He didn't pull any punches & I think he asked the questions fans wanted asked. He didn't get the answers we wanted, but that's on McNair.

I do like McNair's optimism. Like him, I believe we should keep going forward. No reason to blow everything up now. San Francisco went to the NFC Championship twice in two years, with a college head coach. We haven't been to the AFC Championship game once with our veteran coach. But it's too late to fix that now. It is. It makes more sense to stay the coarse.

Good read.

tru80texan 01-20-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2112855)
Uh... as much as people don't lilke McClain, I can see why the Texans like him even less. He didn't pull any punches & I think he asked the questions fans wanted asked. He didn't get the answers we wanted, but that's on McNair.

I do like McNair's optimism. Like him, I believe we should keep going forward. No reason to blow everything up now. San Francisco went to the NFC Championship twice in two years, with a college head coach. We haven't been to the AFC Championship game once with our veteran coach. But it's too late to fix that now. It is. It makes more sense to stay the coarse.

Good read.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of McClain by any means. He probably picked up most of the questions from his chat w/ the fans he has. He's a poor excuse of "insider" that we have to depend on. What can you do?

I hope stay the course is not what McNair chooses to do IF the Texans regress next season. As you mentioned, Harbaugh turned SF around quickly as did Shanahan in Washington. I don't think its blowing up a team w/ a coaching change or QB change if the team has talent, but is simply underachieving. A change is sometimes needed to get a team over the hump & succeed.