Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Looking Ahead (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97944)

The Pencil Neck 01-16-2013 04:25 PM

Looking Ahead

Every year, people are looking at the schedule and saying whether it's an easy or a hard schedule. Welp. We're playing a first place schedule now so they're going to be harder. But...

This season, unless I'm mistaken, we're playing the NFC West, the AFC West, and the AFC 1st place teams.

That means Patriots and Ravens again during the regular season. AND we play the:

Niners, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Rams
Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, and Chiefs

What do you guys think about next year's opponents at this point?

Tailgate 01-16-2013 05:04 PM

Re: Looking Ahead

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2110709)
Every year, people are looking at the schedule and saying whether it's an easy or a hard schedule. Welp. We're playing a first place schedule now so they're going to be harder. But...

This season, unless I'm mistaken, we're playing the NFC West, the AFC West, and the AFC 1st place teams.

That means Patriots and Ravens again during the regular season. AND we play the:

I think its a pretty much break even from the 2012 schedule. Same division winners and the two new divisons we play this year are pretty much on par with the last two. I like our home game set up better though. But what we saw this year is about what we can expect next year all things considering.

Playoffs 01-17-2013 11:41 AM

Definitely tougher, imo.

El Tejano 01-17-2013 12:02 PM

I think we can still have a 10 win season.

thunderkyss 01-17-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

If we get New England early in the season, we might have a chance to get that win. So let's see

Patriots
Ravens
Niners
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams
Broncos
Raiders
Chargers
Chiefs

Titans
Colts
Jags
Titans
Colts
Jags

I think we sweep the whole division in 2013.

13-3

thunderkyss 01-17-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhouston (Post 2111207)
Not unless Bruce Arians goes to another team, if he stays we wont sweep Indy.

Ok.... whatever.

silentassassin 01-17-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

This was the case for the 2012-13 season as well.

Edit: I should add to my point.

I'm just implying that we've seen how they've responded to a 1st place schedule. The focus/concern should be with them closing down the stretch, and their performance in the playoffs next season(If they're able to get back).

buddyboy 01-17-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhouston (Post 2111219)
Yeah ... whatever.

If Arians stays I think we will have a hell of a time even winning the division, knowing that Gary is going all in with Matt. Look at what he did with Luck as rookie QB. You really think they wont make drastic steps forward in the second year of the same system with that kid at QB? Like I said ... yeah, whatever.

At least now you're backing it up with opinion. Before it was, "you're wrong, I'm right".

But...whatever.

Surreal McCoy 01-17-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddyboy (Post 2111236)
At least now you're backing it up with opinion. Before it was, "you're wrong, I'm right".

But...whatever.

Not true. He puts his opinions out there. See below :thinking:

Vinny 01-17-2013 02:36 PM

We just have to get the NFC West while their good...nice

JCTexan 01-17-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhouston (Post 2111219)
Yeah ... whatever.

If Arians stays I think we will have a hell of a time even winning the division, knowing that Gary is going all in with Matt. Look at what he did with Luck as rookie QB. You really think they wont make drastic steps forward in the second year of the same system with that kid at QB? Like I said ... yeah, whatever.

The Colts will have a tougher schedule and won't be taking anyone by surprise. They had eleven wins this year and I think they will end up with nine or ten wins next year. Their team might take a drastic step forward but I don't think it's going to be in the amount of wins they have.

76Texan 01-17-2013 02:51 PM

Depending on how FA and the draft pan out, but I'm seeing 9-7, 10-6 at the moment.

JCTexan 01-17-2013 02:52 PM

Patriots
Ravens
Niners
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams
Broncos
Raiders
Chargers
Chiefs

Titans
Colts
Jags
Titans
Colts
Jags

12-4

76Texan 01-17-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 2111339)
Patriots
Ravens
Niners
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams
Broncos
Raiders
Chargers
Chiefs

Titans
Colts
Jags
Titans
Colts
Jags

12-4

Looks like a Pro-Bowl year for Schaub :)

You should be voted for President of the Sunshine Club, or at least a high ranking official.

Dutchrudder 01-17-2013 02:56 PM

2012 opponents:
AFC East: Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, Bills
NFC North: Packers, Bears, Vikings, Lions

2013 opponents:
NFC West: Niners, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Rams
AFC West: Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, and Chiefs

Given the changes to these teams, like the Seahawks DC leaving for the Jags, and the Chargers, Chiefs cleaning house, I think the 2013 schedule is slightly easier. Just like last year, there are three tough games in 2013, 49ers, Seahawks and Broncos, but the rest of the teams are mediocre at best. I think the mid-level teams in 2012 were much harder than what I expect in 2013.

Overall though, I think our division will be slightly stronger in 2013 than 2012. The Jags are getting a real head coach, and will probably get a real quarterback too, through the draft or free agency. I imagine they will have a much better defense, but it also might take a year or two to get things back on track.

The Colts have 40 million to spend in free agency and should go on a defensive shopping spree. Their offense was pretty good, but I expect their defense to improve greatly with a new infusion of talent. They might even try to sign some Texans players like Quin or Casey, just to stick it to us.

The Titans will probably be an 7-8 win team without much going for them. I wouldn't expect them to turn it around next year.

JCTexan 01-17-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2111344)
Looks like a Pro-Bowl year for Schaub :)

You should be voted for President of the Sunshine Club, or at least a high ranking official.

Really? The Texans didn't lose to a team this year that didn't make the post-season, while going 3-4 against playoff teams. I don't see the Texans taking a drastic step back next year.

Looking realistically to next years schedule: The AFC West looks (outside of Denver) relatively easy. Houston should probably go 3-1 against that division. The NFC West looks tougher than normal but if Houston goes 1-1 against SF/SEA then that's another division Houston should go 3-1 in. Sweeping divisional opponents is never easy but Houston should take four or five games in the division. Baltimore & New England are two of the toughest games but splitting those games is not out of the realm of possibility since they did it this year.

An 11-5 or 12-4 outcome is what I predict for next year.

76Texan 01-17-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 2111370)
Really? The Texans didn't lose to a team this year that didn't make the post-season, while going 3-4 against playoff teams. I don't see the Texans taking a drastic step back next year.

Looking realistically to next years schedule: The AFC West looks (outside of Denver) relatively easy. Houston should probably go 3-1 against that division. The NFC West looks tougher than normal but if Houston goes 1-1 against SF/SEA then that's another division Houston should go 3-1 in. Sweeping divisional opponents is never easy but Houston should take four or five games in the division. Baltimore & New England are two of the toughest games but splitting those games is not out of the realm of possibility since they did it this year.

An 11-5 or 12-4 outcome is what I predict for next year.

Hey anything is possible if we stay healthy mostly and especially at all the important positions. But we really don't know what we're going to get with Cushing.

Can he play at the same level as before?

Luv_ya_blue 01-17-2013 03:56 PM

HOME:
Indianapolis - W
Jacksonville -W
Tennessee - W
Denver - L (But could go either way)
Oakland - W
St. Louis - W
Seattle - L
New England - L

AWAY:
Indianapolis - L
Jacksonville - W
Tennessee - W
Kansas City - W
San Diego - W
Arizona - W
San Francisco - L

Baltimore - L

As much as it pains me to say:
10-6 if we're healthy
9-7 if we lose key players

silentassassin 01-17-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 2111315)
We just have to get the NFC West while their good...nice

Don't forget! A bad NFC West helped them to 9 wins a while back. :splits:

Only loss came at Arizona on a game put away by a pick 6 and a goal line stand by the Cardinals if I remember correctly.

Norg 01-18-2013 03:06 AM

the jags will make the playoffs this year ...!!!!!!!!!!! Naaa j/k LOL i wouldnt be surprised if they did tho pooorr titans they might have colts and jags surpass them when in reality they should be #2