Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Jonathan Joseph: Texans "better team" than Patriots (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97938)

HoustonFrog 01-16-2013 12:28 PM

Jonathan Joseph: Texans "better team" than Patriots

This stuff bothers me. I don't take it as bravado, or a confidence build, etc. I wish guys would just take the reality..like Reed...and work to overcome the gap. Give credit, move on and work. Am I wrong here or do people like the attitude?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-than-patriots

Quote:

Color Mr. Joseph unimpressed.

"Obviously we had the right guys in here to win 13 ballgames to get up to that point," Joseph told Dave Zangaro of ComcastSportsNet Houston of Sunday's playoff loss. "For whatever reason, we didn't advance. I still can't put that over because I think we were a better team. I think we just didn't make the plays at the right time."

Asked if the gap between the Texans and Patriots remains a wide one, Joseph stuck to his story: "Not at all," he said. "Just four or five plays. You take a few of those plays that they made and go the other way, it's a different ballgame."

Mr teX 01-16-2013 12:31 PM

Re: Jonathan Joseph: Texans "better team" than Patriots

yeah, it kinda bothers me too. If you were the better team you'd be playing this weekend.

Vinny 01-16-2013 12:31 PM

didn't they just do a study where they determined that young people today are a bit delusional and narcissistic...you know, living in a dream world?

BigBull17 01-16-2013 12:44 PM

Show me how you're better J-Jo. Please, show me. By my calculations the combined score was 83-42. In two games you scored as much as they did in 1 game. Stupid **** like this pisses me off. You got corn holed by a team twice, so just giive em their props or drop a "no comment" and STFU

Vinny 01-16-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBull17 (Post 2110514)
Show me how you're better J-Jo. Please, show me. By my calculations the combined score was 83-42. In two games you scored as much as they did in 1 game. Stupid **** like this pisses me off. You got corn holed by a team twice, so just giive em their props or drop a "no comment" and STFU

yeah, you play the games to show who is better. Unless you are in College and then they use the United Nations system of figuring stuff out by voting.

rolyat93 01-16-2013 12:51 PM

Can you imagine the **** Tom Brady would get if he said that had we won? We'd be coming down on him calling him a sore loser.

Dread-Head 01-16-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolyat93 (Post 2110518)
Can you imagine the **** Tom Brady would get if he said that had we won? We'd be coming down on him calling him a sore loser.

:thinking: Uh...no actually I'd be calling him a 3itch. Hell they won and I'm STILL calling him one.

Playoffs 01-16-2013 01:16 PM

I don't have a problem with my players thinking we have the right guys to win it all if that's their truth.

Rey 01-16-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoustonFrog (Post 2110493)
This stuff bothers me. I don't take it as bravado, or a confidence build, etc. I wish guys would just take the reality..like Reed...and work to overcome the gap. Give credit, move on and work. Am I wrong here or do people like the attitude?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-than-patriots

Different Attitudes work for different types of people so I won't tell him how he should feel.

But he is wrong though.

welsh texan 01-16-2013 01:20 PM

JoJo should be thinking about how he can get properly fit and come back stronger next season not about 4 or 5 plays, because if by 4 or 5 plays 2 of them are TDs, 2 XPs and an FG then you are losing by 17 points. Texans lost by more than 17 points on average.

I know you can't blame the guy for getting injured, but at the same time he can't be openning his mouth because he became gradually more and more inneffectual through his injuries from around week 2 or 3 onwards and to my mind never fully recovered all season.

So we've got Reed throwing his coach under the bus for not preparing him and we've got JoJo thinking the tonking they took twice over doesn't represent a gap.

The last few years I've been used to going into the offseason having real reason for hope of improvement. I really struggle to imagine, beyond some miracle draft 06 style, the overall talent level of this team improving over time, we're going to be forced to replace our mid-level talent and contributing backups with rookies year after year from here on out and I really struggle to imagine that anything other than improvement in coaching is going to move the chains on this teams potential going forward.

TejasTom 01-16-2013 01:21 PM

Sounds like the post 2010 (6-10) arguments.

We're just a couple plays from 10-6.

We were also a couple if plays from 2-14.

It took upgrading a coach and some players. Sounds like a food recipe to take the next step.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

Double Barrel 01-16-2013 01:24 PM

“How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.”
~ Abraham Lincoln

JCTexan 01-16-2013 01:27 PM

You got beat twice handily by the Patriots, and you come out and say this? :toropalm:

welsh texan 01-16-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 2110553)
You got beat twice handily by the Patriots, and you come out and say this? :toropalm:

Yep, nice little bulletin board material for the Pats when we meet next season.

dream_team 01-16-2013 01:47 PM

What he said here doesn't bother me. I want my team to be confident and believe they can beat anyone.

But maybe he should have said, "We are the better team, but they played better than us today."

HoustonFrog 01-16-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream_team (Post 2110574)
What he said here doesn't bother me. I want my team to be confident and believe they can beat anyone.

But maybe he should have said, "We are the better team, but they played better than us today."

Or "they were the better team the 2 times we played them this year but I believe we can beat them in the future." That gives them respect and acknowledges you have confidence in the guys you have.

Wolf 01-16-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBull17 (Post 2110514)

Well .take 4 or 5 plays away from both games and we are looking at a combined score of 48-42 pats still win (taking as way 5 TDs of course ) :joker:

Goodwrench3 01-16-2013 02:16 PM

Completely agree. Our team team had some deficiencies, but is a Top 5 in the league. Tom Brady beated us. Not the Patriots.

Vinny 01-16-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf (Post 2110600)
Well .take 4 or 5 plays away from both games and we are looking at a combined score of 48-42 pats still win (taking as way 5 TDs of course ) :joker:

well, let's take away 4-5 scores from the Patriots in all their games and they don't make the playoffs. so there

silentassassin 01-16-2013 02:27 PM

Anyone consider what he said was taken out of context?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...than-patriots/