Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Posey tore his Achilles. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97846)

robroy72 01-13-2013 08:20 PM

Posey tore his Achilles.

Should be back in time for the reg. season.

GlenRice 01-13-2013 08:24 PM

Re: Posey tore his Achilles.

Rick Smith please go it vet wide receiver who still can play.

deucetx 01-13-2013 08:25 PM

Good (in regards to him being able to be back in time and not the injury, heh). We need the guy next year. He looked pretty decent out there and this team needs speed like yesterday. We need to be able to at least seem like we can stretch a field which means more speed on the field offensively. I liked what I saw from the kid and his fight.

fiasco west 01-13-2013 08:28 PM

Horrible news for development.

Texcore 01-13-2013 08:30 PM

Tearing your achilles is a bad injury. Athletes who tear their achilles tend to never gain their original speed back.

aussie_texan 01-13-2013 08:30 PM

he'll come back but its doubtful he will gain full explosion in that leg. can be healed 100% but very hard injury to come back from

Brisco_County 01-13-2013 08:31 PM

Back when this happened to DeMeco, CnD said that a best case scenario for recovery is to regain about 80% of explosiveness. How that is gauged I don't know.

gtexan02 01-13-2013 08:33 PM

Wow, this sucks. He was really coming on. He needed to be healthy for minicamp and training camp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisco_County (Post 2107737)
Back when this happened to DeMeco, CnD said that a best case scenario for recovery is to regain about 80% of explosiveness. How that is gauged I don't know.

They said that about Adrian Peterson too. Predictions are based on average recovery. lets hope that Posey is a hard worker

deucetx 01-13-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisco_County (Post 2107737)

Damn if that is the case then he probably won't be able help next year or not til later. Looks like we'll definitely be looked for some receiving help. Tough break for the kid that showed some actual promise then. Hope his recover goes that Adrian Peterson route that exceeds expectations, heh.

MEGA SWATT 01-13-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deucetx (Post 2107767)
Damn if that is the case then he probably won't be able help next year or not til later. Looks like we'll definitely be looked for some receiving help. Tough break for the kid that showed some actual promise then. Hope his recover goes that Adrian Peterson route that exceeds expectations, heh.

What if he recovers from this the way AP recovered from knee injury?

I know, diff. injury, but b4 AP recovered as he did...you would not have expected the yr he had after that knee injury..........

Brisco_County 01-13-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 2107742)
Wow, this sucks. He was really coming on. He needed to be healthy for minicamp and training camp.

They said that about Adrian Peterson too. Predictions are based on average recovery. lets hope that Posey is a hard worker

This is a completely different injury.

MEGA SWATT 01-13-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisco_County (Post 2107781)
This is a completely different injury.

point is, AP took the knee recovery to a new level......

Posey can do similar for the achilles tear.

kiwitexansfan 01-13-2013 08:46 PM

Where is CND when we need him?

gtexan02 01-13-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT (Post 2107787)
point is, AP took the knee recovery to a new level......

Posey can do similar for the achilles tear.

Yup. It seems like any major injury, achilles or ACL/MCL usually results in loss of performance upon return to play.

I've got faith in Posey -- especially because he's so young.

Brisco_County 01-13-2013 08:48 PM

Go with the case studies on this one and don't get your hopes up.

Vinny 01-13-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 2107793)
I've got faith in Posey -- especially because he's so young.

we really didn't have him this year except for taking a roster spot....not playing much this year plus not having him next season plus him not playing last year doesn't give him much on field experience for when he does come back.

CloakNNNdagger 01-13-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan (Post 2107791)
Where is CND when we need him?

I wouldn't be counting on him for next season.

Goodwrench3 01-13-2013 09:10 PM

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

WR DeVier Posey tore his left Achilles tendon. He'll be out most, if not all, of next season with that. #Texans

Terrible

beerlover 01-13-2013 09:13 PM

Sad just freaking sad. I feel bad for everyone involved. This all but assures Texans draft a WR in the first or second round.

CloakNNNdagger 01-13-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 2107742)

ACL recovery is much more predictable and carries a more favorable prognosis than Achilles rupture. Furthermore, pointing to AP is like pointing to George Burns smoking until he died at 103.......and concluding that smoking doesn't shorten your life.