Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Good Luck Today (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97816)

Daravenator 01-13-2013 10:01 AM

Good Luck Today
 
Yesterday morning all this game meant to me was would the Texans make it to their first AFCC, or would the Pats make it again? Now it means so much more. Where will the Ravens travel to next week- Reliant...or Gilette?

Good luck today. I was confident the Ravens would play well against the Donks, but I wasn't guaranteeing a victory, and certainly not like THAT one! Denver spanked the Ravens during the regular season like the Patriots biatch-slapped the Texans. Needless to say, that loss meant nothing yesterday and it means nothing today.

If Houston plays like they are capable of, this game is eminently winnable. Good luck today!

I do NOT want to see this!!! :kubepalm:

ThaShark316 01-13-2013 10:10 AM

Re: Good Luck Today
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daravenator (Post 2105148)
Yesterday morning all this game meant to me was would the Texans make it to their first AFCC, or would the Pats make it again? Now it means so much more. Where will the Ravens travel to next week- Reliant...or Gilette?

Good luck today. I was confident the Ravens would play well against the Donks, but I wasn't guaranteeing a victory, and certainly not like THAT one! Denver spanked the Ravens during the regular season like the Patriots biatch-slapped the Texans. Needless to say, that loss meant nothing yesterday and it means nothing today.

If Houston plays like they are capable of, this game is eminently winnable. Good luck today!

I do NOT want to see this!!! :kubepalm:

Like your boy said..."No weapon shall prosper."

Let's do this next week, Ravens.

Goodwrench3 01-13-2013 10:14 AM

Re: Good Luck Today
 
See you in Houston next week,:jogger:

thunderkyss 01-13-2013 10:18 AM

Re: Good Luck Today
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daravenator (Post 2105148)

If Houston plays like they are capable of, this game is eminently winnable. Good luck today!

Kinda feel bad you'd rather play us.

:wadepalm:

Playoffs 01-13-2013 10:21 AM

Re: Good Luck Today
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daravenator (Post 2105148)
Good luck today.

Thanks.

And thanks to your boys for one hella entertaining game yesterday.

toronto 01-13-2013 10:21 AM

Best of luck today
 
I know how bad you want it. I really do. Just once I want the sports sun to fully shine on the city of Houston.

Good luck and beat that frigging team today.

thunderkyss 01-13-2013 10:25 AM

Re: Best of luck today
 
I hate Titans fans.

If the situation was different, the Texans sitting at home because they're sorrier than dogsh1t & the Titans coming off one play off victory as AFC South champs... I wouldn't be over there wishing them good luck. If I watch the game at all, I'd be rooting for everything to go wrong for you. In fact, I'd have my hoodoo dolls out, working my magic.


You're a better man than me is all I gots to say.



& I'm fine with that.

Playoffs 01-13-2013 10:28 AM

Re: Best of luck today
 
Thanks, toronto. We'll need it.

:logo:

toronto 01-13-2013 10:29 AM

Re: Best of luck today
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2105188)
I hate Titans fans.

If the situation was different, the Texans sitting at home because they're sorrier than dogsh1t & the Titans coming off one play off victory as AFC South champs... I wouldn't be over there wishing them good luck. If I watch the game at all, I'd be rooting for everything to go wrong for you. In fact, I'd have my hoodoo dolls out, working my magic.


You're a better man than me is all I gots to say.



& I'm fine with that.

Heh I still have some Houston blood in me. Never have been able to hate the team, and part of me still wonders, especially these days, why I stuck with Bud over a new Houston team. The choices we make. :wadepalm:

I save my hate for teams like the pats.

srrono 01-13-2013 10:31 AM

Re: Best of luck today
 
The city of Houston is so used to disappointment, but at some point one of our sports franchises will step up and make us all proud. I am with all my heart hoping its today. Texans you have a opportunity to change the perception of the entire nation. This is your time to shine go out there and beat NE. #GoTexans

gary 01-13-2013 10:32 AM

Re: Good Luck Today
 
If the Texans lose today then I will root for the Ravens to win next week.

toronto 01-13-2013 10:48 AM

Re: Good Luck Today
 
I still remember the old " win this for" thread tha Red Sox fans started before game 7 of the 2004 alcs. Win it for grandparents that never saw the team win it all etc. one of the great threads I ever saw.

Am sure a lot of old Oiler fans and current Texan fans that have never ever had the joy of a SB, or for that matter a clutch playoff win. Maybe today will be your day.

Daravenator 01-13-2013 11:24 AM

Re: Good Luck Today
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2105181)
Kinda feel bad you'd rather play us.

:wadepalm:

I'll be honest. I'd rather play Marcia again, as we were one dropped pass from a win and a shanked FG from a tie in last year's AFCC. IMO, if the Ravens play the way they did yesterday, they can beat either Houston or New England. Of course, that is a big "if."

Having said all that, I think it would be a good thing if the Texans took another step forward by beating the Patriots today, and in one fell swoop of a weekend, the Grand Old Masters of the NFL (P. Manning, Brady) and The One They Would Like To Enshrine Next (Rodgers) all get unceremoniously dumped to the curb like a cheap date on a Friday night.

Out with the old; in with the new.

dc_txtech 01-13-2013 11:37 AM

Re: Good Luck Today
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daravenator (Post 2105243)
I'll be honest. I'd rather play Marcia again, as we were one dropped pass from a win and a shanked FG from a tie in last year's AFCC. IMO, if the Ravens play the way they did yesterday, they can beat either Houston or New England. Of course, that is a big "if."

Having said all that, I think it would be a good thing if the Texans took another step forward by beating the Patriots today, and in one fell swoop of a weekend, the Grand Old Masters of the NFL (P. Manning, Brady) and The One They Would Like To Enshrine Next (Rodgers) all get unceremoniously dumped to the curb like a cheap date on a Friday night.

Out with the old; in with the new.

You might be able to add Matt Ryan to that list.

How crazy would it be if the last 4 QB's in the playoffs were named Schaub, Wilson, Kaepernick, and Flacco.

Daravenator 01-13-2013 11:48 AM

Re: Good Luck Today
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_txtech (Post 2105251)
You might be able to add Matt Ryan to that list.

How crazy would it be if the last 4 QB's in the playoffs were named Schaub, Wilson, Kaepernick, and Flacco.

I'd say you cannot add Ryan, as he is 0-3 in the post-season. He's like that one girl that kinda looks pretty....until you turn the lighting up. Or you get sober.

I do like your QB line-up there, though! Jeezus, Flacco would be the veteran!!!

handswarmer 01-13-2013 11:50 AM

Re: Good Luck Today
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daravenator (Post 2105243)
I'll be honest. I'd rather play Marcia again, as we were one dropped pass from a win and a shanked FG from a tie in last year's AFCC. IMO, if the Ravens play the way they did yesterday, they can beat either Houston or New England. Of course, that is a big "if."

Having said all that, I think it would be a good thing if the Texans took another step forward by beating the Patriots today, and in one fell swoop of a weekend, the Grand Old Masters of the NFL (P. Manning, Brady) and The One They Would Like To Enshrine Next (Rodgers) all get unceremoniously dumped to the curb like a cheap date on a Friday night.

Out with the old; in with the new.

I have been charting the commercias that feature NFL teams and players lately- almost all of them are out of the playoffs now.....

Teams like us get no national respect

Yvette 01-13-2013 11:52 AM

Re: Good Luck Today
 
Yesterday's game was incredible and I'm hoping today's is even better.

GO TEXANS!

Daravenator 01-13-2013 11:52 AM

Re: Good Luck Today
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by handswarmer (Post 2105261)
I have been charting the commercias that feature NFL teams and players lately- almost all of them are out of the playoffs now.....

Teams like us get no national respect

I got no problem with that. Never have, never will.

handswarmer 01-13-2013 11:55 AM

Re: Good Luck Today
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daravenator (Post 2105264)
I got no problem with that. Never have, never will.

Either do I really- I find it funny that the only team in the playoffs the last 5 years in a row doesn't even grab a cameo....

The Bud LIgt Superstition commercial with the Raiders fans turning the label on the bottle out to help the kicker is the funniest.

Everyone knows Rders fans are too stupid to think of anything but where their next can of dog food is coming from....

Wolf 01-13-2013 11:57 AM

Re: Good Luck Today
 
Well Ray has a cameo on that one commercial with , but that is all I can remember


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger