Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   A win tomorrow and a loss next week... would you be semi-satisfied? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97812)

AndyWin 01-13-2013 03:19 AM

A win tomorrow and a loss next week... would you be semi-satisfied?

Obviously super bowl or bust, I get it... but now if we win tomorrow and lose next week @ home vs Ravens, I'm gonna be incredibly pissed off

I think if we were to beat the Patriots tomorrow, and lost to Denver in Denver, I could live with it. But now it's completely different.

As if Baltimore needs extra motivation to play a team...... (flashback to our first meeting)

fiasco west 01-13-2013 03:36 AM

Re: A win tomorrow and a loss next week... would you be semi-satisfied?

It's not superbowl or bust for me. So even a loss here I would be 'content'

Would not be happy, but I wouldn't be ready to tear down the team...ONLY if it is a respectable loss. Like we go out and look like equals but just don't get the breaks to win the game.

I understand this is the playoffs. There should be no shame to losing this week or next. It hurts more though definitely.

The only way I'll get angry now at this team is if they go out and get blown out again and embarrassed. If they were to lose a game like the Broncos did I'll say they fought their heart out and lost to a great team. Lets reload and get better next year.

Marcus 01-13-2013 04:36 AM

Too early.

Come back and express your thoughts after the Patriots game, about if you are "semi-satisfied" or not. Not now.

Marcus 01-13-2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiasco west (Post 2105019)
It's not superbowl or bust for me. So even a loss here I would be 'content'

Would not be happy, but I wouldn't be ready to tear down the team...ONLY if it is a respectable loss. Like we go out and look like equals but just don't get the breaks to win the game.

I understand this is the playoffs. There should be no shame to losing this week or next. It hurts more though definitely.

The only way I'll get angry now at this team is if they go out and get blown out again and embarrassed. If they were to lose a game like the Broncos did I'll say they fought their heart out and lost to a great team. Lets reload and get better next year.

Oh really? Go to the Broncos MB, and ask them if they aren't angry? If I was a Broncos fan, it would have hurt less if it were a 50-0 blowout. Those people are stunned.

TexansLucky13 01-13-2013 05:07 AM

Last week I was saying that an AFC Championship appearance would leave me satisfied, but now I am not so sure. If we beat the Patriots @Foxboro, I don't see why we can't come home and beat the Ravens.

The Medic01 01-13-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhouston (Post 2105037)
Would never happen.

When we win today, we go home and destroy the Ravens.

The only challenges left for us are the Patriots in their house, then the 49'ers in New Orleans.

It depends on who wins today. Falcons win 49ers in the SB. Seahawks win Seahawks in the SB.

Txn_in_Oki 01-13-2013 07:06 AM

No way this team loses at home after beating Brady.

Can you even imagine what the crowd will sound like for that game? Holy shiznit.

rush2112mn 01-13-2013 07:28 AM

I dont understand your rationale....You think we are going to win this week. And then lose next week. So, your positive about today....and then your negative about next week. I dont understand why you would start this thread because your ultimately giving up on the Texans this year and already thinking negative about the season. Pretty lame dude.
Why worry about next week yet? Worry about today.....
And then if we do win this week.....we have the game next week here.? And then your going to go ahead and say we lose next week.
Man....glad I am not thinking like you. Thats pretty lame way of thinking if you ask me. I am glad I dont think like that......:spit::strangle::aggressive:

Txn_in_Oki 01-13-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rush2112mn (Post 2105055)
I dont understand your rationale....You think we are going to win this week. And then lose next week. So, your positive about today....and then your negative about next week. I dont understand why you would start this thread because your ultimately giving up on the Texans this year and already thinking negative about the season. Pretty lame dude.
Why worry about next week yet? Worry about today.....
And then if we do win this week.....we have the game next week here.? And then your going to go ahead and say we lose next week.
Man....glad I am not thinking like you. Thats pretty lame way of thinking if you ask me. I am glad I dont think like that......:spit::strangle::aggressive:

Holy crap you confused me... Go Texans!!!

thunderkyss 01-13-2013 09:30 AM

If the Ravens ball out like they did yesterday & Matt Schaub answered that bell, but we fell short in the end.... I wouldn't be upset.

If the Ravens desperately try to hand this game to us & we continue to bumble & fumble our way to giving that game away... what do you think?

If we play our butts off, yet still lose, & I come to this board & it's full of id1ots cursing our team because their best wasn't good enough, Yeah I'm going to be really pissed.

False Start 01-13-2013 09:37 AM

If we win today, and lose at home to the Ravens after we destroyed them already this season I'll be PISSED! :pissed:

76Texan 01-13-2013 09:42 AM

You're never satisfied until you win it all.
There's nothing in between.

thunderkyss 01-13-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by False Start (Post 2105133)
If we win today, and lose at home to the Ravens after we destroyed them already this season I'll be PISSED! :pissed:

But we'll have to beat a team that destroyed us in the regular season.

We're telling ourselves that doesn't matter. Denver destroyed the Ravens just 4 weeks ago.

These teams are not the same teams that played each other week 7.

thunderkyss 01-13-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 2105025)
Oh really? Go to the Broncos MB, and ask them if they aren't angry? If I was a Broncos fan, it would have hurt less if it were a 50-0 blowout. Those people are stunned.

I think it is interesting that Fox & Harbaugh made some interesting calls. The Broncos lost, so all of those calls look questionable to say the least. The Ravens won, so all of those calls aren't even talked about.

Vinny 01-13-2013 09:58 AM

I'm still stunned the Oilers didn't make it to the Super Bowl in the Renfro catch/non-catch year.

fiasco west 01-13-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2105131)
If the Ravens ball out like they did yesterday & Matt Schaub answered that bell, but we fell short in the end.... I wouldn't be upset.

If the Ravens desperately try to hand this game to us & we continue to bumble & fumble our way to giving that game away... what do you think?

If we play our butts off, yet still lose, & I come to this board & it's full of id1ots cursing our team because their best wasn't good enough, Yeah I'm going to be really pissed.

That's what they don't understand.

If we lose today because one or two things didn't go our way whatever it may be...oh well.

WE LOST TO A GREAT TEAM. Move on, get better, hope for the best next year. The Packers lost last night as well, not because they suck or anything but this is the playoffs, it's no shame losing to these teams, you could make a case for every team now that they could get on a run and win the whole thing.

Will it suck if we lose. Yes
Will I be happy about it. No

But unless we get smacked around silly again I won't be throwing a rage here about how everyone needs to go and things need to change big time! That we need to get a new QB and rebuild, get rid of Kubiak and Smith and just start all over!

TheMatrix31 01-13-2013 11:37 AM

One game at a time.

Mailman 01-13-2013 11:53 AM

I don't know how I'd feel, but I really don't want to entertain that question right now.

I don't want to start another thread and don't know where to put this, so I'll just stick it here.

Do you realize this is the closest the fans of Houston football have EVER EVER EVER been to the chance of hosting the AFC title game? Not only did the Oilers obviously never do it, they were also never one game away from doing it. The closest they ever came was the 1993 season when they started out 1-4 and ran the table to finish 12-4 and secure the bye and a divisional home game, only to lose to Montana and the Chiefs. Still, had they won that game they would've been on the road at Buffalo for a trip to the Super Bowl.

Let's go Texans! Make history!

Ryan 01-13-2013 11:55 AM

Our season by most would be considered a success if we advance past this week, but us as fans of course want more, and i'm sure a home game with a chance to go to the SB, people will be disappointed if we don't win that one.

MEGA SWATT 01-13-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 2105252)
One game at a time.

This