Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Offensive attack (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97805)

Bigbots_02 01-12-2013 09:11 PM

Offensive attack

I dont know if its just because Im excited for the game or what but as unenthusiastic as iv felt about matt Schaub the past 5 - 6 weeks, I have a strange felling hes going to REALLY SHOW UP tomorrow.

I heard him to a interview and he seemed really ready to me. he talked about how the coaches have him and the team prepared and its simply up to them to cut loose and go get the plays. Sounded to me like Kubs will be depending on Schaub to go out and attack. Not to say we wont depend on out run game... but we wont be hiding behind it either. What are you guys thoughts and feelings?

aussie_texan 01-12-2013 09:14 PM

Re: Offensive attack

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigbots_02 (Post 2104685)
I dont know if its just because Im excited for the game or what but as unenthusiastic as iv felt about matt Schaub the past 5 - 6 weeks, I have a strange felling hes going to REALLY SHOW UP tomorrow.

I heard him to a interview and he seemed really ready to me. he talked about how the coaches have him and the team prepared and its simply up to them to cut loose and go get the plays. Sounded to me like Kubs will be depending on Schaub to go out and attack. Not to say we wont depend on out run game... but we wont be hiding behind it either. What are you guys thoughts and feelings?

:overreact: dont jinx it mate !!!!!!!!

Bigbots_02 01-12-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie_texan (Post 2104689)
:overreact: dont jinx it mate !!!!!!!!

Lol, If it makes you feel any better, I REALLY miss Cushing. We could really use him now.

MEGA SWATT 01-12-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigbots_02 (Post 2104696)
Lol, If it makes you feel any better, I REALLY miss Cushing. We could really use him now.

Cushing said we're still winning the superbowl after he went down.............:fingergun:

thunderkyss 01-12-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigbots_02 (Post 2104685)

I've felt that way many times myself. Trust me, it's just gas.

Bulls on Parade 01-13-2013 01:42 AM

Let's come out slinging the ball around on our first drive. Surprise them with a couple of deep pass plays to Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels and Kevin Walter. Perhaps even Jean, Posey, Graham, Casey or Martin. Whoever is in there.

The Patriots will be expecting us to run early and often. I bet there will be plenty of one-on-one coverages to take advantage of in the passing game. We need Matt Schaub to be accurate and the intended receiver to make the play.

Arian Foster will get his 25-plus touches, no doubt. But when the big plays are there to make, I want to see the Texans making them!!!

The Texans have just as many, if not more offensive weapons than the Patriots. Let's go out and use them today. People will say keep Tom Brady off the field and run the ball as much as possible but let's not be too conservative. If a high-scoring game erupts we need to be prepared. Certainly the talent is not an issue for the Texans offense.

All that being said, get ready to see some great effort by the entire Texans defense. I have full faith in these guys to give us a good chance to win. Forcing turnovers will be a plus.

This is what it's all about guys!!!! There is no tomorrow. Win or go home. For the Texans, we want to come back home and host the Ravens in the AFC Championship game next Sunday at a sold-out Reliant Stadium.

Textan 01-13-2013 02:06 AM

I appreciate your enthusiasm for changing things up, I really do. It's just that I believe the only way we'll win this game is long, clock eating, scoring drives.
I normally would want a quick six, but I'd trade that for a 6-7 minute 6, especially today.
We cannot win in a shootout with Brady, won't happen.

Bulls on Parade 01-13-2013 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Textan (Post 2105001)
I appreciate your enthusiasm for changing things up, I really do. It's just that I believe the only way we'll win this game is long, clock eating, scoring drives.
I normally would want a quick six, but I'd trade that for a 6-7 minute 6, especially today.
We cannot win in a shootout with Brady, won't happen.

We need an early lead any way we can get it. After that, we can play conservative and run the ball numerous times and control the time of possession with the lead in hand. But I wouldn't want to feel too complacent with that strategy. We've got to play smart here. But we can't afford to fall behind like last time we played at Foxboro. That's critical to winning the game. Getting off to a fast start and not playing come-from-behind football.

If we win the coin toss however, I hope the Texans kick off and receive to start the second half. Let our defense set the tone for this game. Hitting hard and playing fast - knocking the hell out of every Patriots offensive player including Tom Brady when we have the chance. Forcing turnovers will be key for the Texans Defense.

We've got to out-play them at their own game if needed. If that means winning a shootout against Tom Brady then so be it. We can't sit back and hope for things to happen. We've got to make things happen!!!!

hradhak 01-13-2013 08:07 AM

I think Matt has a big role in this game on third down. The reason we beat cincy was 3rd down conversions. If schaub cant hit guys on 3rd and medium we are in for trouble

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

thunderkyss 01-13-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hradhak (Post 2105079)
I think Matt has a big role in this game on third down. The reason we beat cincy was 3rd down conversions. If schaub cant hit guys on 3rd and medium we are in for trouble

Agreed. At the end of the day, it might look unspectacular, but during the game, it will be invaluable.

There will be no mistaking who the better QB is out there, but that guy is going to lose.

We're going to have to score more than 30 points today (Like every other team this weekend, but our points are going to come out of a dynamic defense forcing turnovers & giving us the short field.

Schaub will make the throws he needs to make, we're just not going to need him to "take over" the game & push the ball down the field.

Playoffs 01-13-2013 09:05 AM

Well, the NFL is getting what it wanted -- 76 & 73 points in yesterday's games.

I think the Texans will need to run up a score to win today.

Mailman 01-13-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2104925)
I've felt that way many times myself. Trust me, it's just gas.

Must spread rep before yada yada yada.

Vinny 01-13-2013 10:39 AM

we need some big plays...60 mins of nickel and diming it is a recipe for a loss.

DBCooper 01-13-2013 10:47 AM

We win this game by turning Brady points into 6 the other way.

The Defense must get turnovers and make points out of them.

thunderkyss 01-13-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 2105200)
we need some big plays...60 mins of nickel and diming it is a recipe for a loss.

depends on what you mean, if you mean nickel & diming the scoreboard, I agree.

But, I think we need to nickel & dime it down the field, win T.O.P. by a large margin... 8 to 10 minutes, but get 7s. I wouldn't force that either. We run our best plays to get into the endzone, but unless we're down by 7, we kick that field goal on fourth down.

AMartin56 01-13-2013 01:24 PM

Matt says the coaches have him prepared EVERY week...and yet he's still fairly likely to lay an egg out there on any given week. I hope he plays well today and we win, but until he goes out and DOES IT the rest is just words.