Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   JJoe sick? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97784)

Texanmike02 01-12-2013 11:22 AM

JJoe sick?
 
According to NFL N ticker probable due to illness.

Mike

EllisUnit 01-12-2013 11:27 AM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texanmike02 (Post 2103412)
According to NFL N ticker probable due to illness.

Mike

He will play, game is to big for him to miss.

Playoffs 01-12-2013 11:30 AM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
I've been worried all week that some of our guys might contract influenza.

amazing80 01-12-2013 11:32 AM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
Well, that stinks. Playing and playing well are two different things. Becoming dehydrated and cramping will be a concern I imagine....

76Texan 01-12-2013 01:15 PM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
You guys ever watch Montana play against UH in the Cotton Bowl back in the late 70's? He was sick like a dog and the weather was murderous that day.

There was no stopping the comeback kid though.

417Texan 01-12-2013 01:19 PM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2103476)
You guys ever watch Montana play against UH in the Cotton Bowl back in the late 70's? He was sick like a dog and the weather was murderous that day.

There was no stopping the comeback kid though.

UH was in cotton bowl once? Dang.

EllisUnit 01-12-2013 01:29 PM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 417Texan (Post 2103477)
UH was in cotton bowl once? Dang.

yeah this was back before the ice age and continental shift. Not many remember it

76Texan 01-12-2013 01:49 PM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 417Texan (Post 2103477)
UH was in cotton bowl once? Dang.

4 times with a 2-2 record, losing to Notre Dame (Montana + Bob Golic) and BC (Doug Flutie + Bill Romanowski.)

thunderkyss 01-12-2013 02:31 PM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texanmike02 (Post 2103412)
According to NFL N ticker probable due to illness.

Mike

http://stuffflypeoplelike.com/wp-con...ated-gif11.gif

srrono 01-12-2013 03:35 PM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
Jordan scored 38 points with the Flu during NBA Finals Bulls at Jazz game. It was Game 5 of the '97 NBA Finals. He had to be helped from the court. Its time for JJo to bust out his inner Jordan.

Speedy 01-12-2013 03:51 PM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2103476)
You guys ever watch Montana play against UH in the Cotton Bowl back in the late 70's? He was sick like a dog and the weather was murderous that day.

There was no stopping the comeback kid though.

Thanks for re-opening that wound.

Playoffs 01-12-2013 03:54 PM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 2103571)
Jordan scored 38 points with the Flu...

To a person, everyone I know who has had the flu in the last month or so says it's the worst they've ever felt in their lives. With, without flu shot.

76Texan 01-12-2013 03:55 PM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy (Post 2103583)
Thanks for re-opening that wound.

Want me to mention the two Final Fours, especially the NC St. game? LOL.

Man, I wish Robert Williams had stay another year, and Drexler too.

CloakNNNdagger 01-12-2013 05:31 PM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2103587)
To a person, everyone I know who has had the flu in the last month or so says it's the worst they've ever felt in their lives. With, without flu shot.

At least four of ten people receiving the flu vaccine will still contract the flu. Those having had the shot and still contract the flu supposedly should enjoy a milder form. However, this year, it does not seem to be the case. Some believe that this could be because the virus has undergone resistance mutation very early and quickly since the strains for vaccine were originally created.

SheTexan 01-12-2013 06:40 PM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
Play ball!! That's all I gotta say!!

C Madd 01-12-2013 07:16 PM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2103743)
At least four of ten people receiving the flu vaccine will still contract the flu. Those having had the shot and still contract the flu supposedly should enjoy a milder form. However, this year, it does not seem to be the case. Some believe that this could be because the virus has undergone resistance mutation very early and quickly since the strains for vaccine were originally created.

Get him some Tamiflu and get him out there!

Texan_Bill 01-12-2013 07:20 PM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2103476)
You guys ever watch Montana play against UH in the Cotton Bowl back in the late 70's? He was sick like a dog and the weather was murderous that day.

There was no stopping the comeback kid though.

:foottap: "You're on the list!!"

SAMURAITEXAN 01-12-2013 07:57 PM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2103417)
I've been worried all week that some of our guys might contract influenza.

So this time Bill Belichick brought virus instead of spy.:foottap:

utahmark 01-12-2013 08:58 PM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
Don't these guys get flu shots?

DX-TEX 01-12-2013 10:10 PM

Re: JJoe sick?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by utahmark (Post 2104511)
Don't these guys get flu shots?

Yeah, it worked. He got it


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger