Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Brazilian Media (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97782)

Goodwrench3 01-12-2013 09:37 AM

Brazilian Media

As I think I'm the only Brazilian in this forum,I found it interesting to tell you, as the Brazilian press is treating this game,Patriots X Texans. Here ESPN has the exclusive transmission rights for the NFL for many years.They transmit 3 games each Sunday, and even the MNF.The teams with the highest number of fans are Packers, Patriots, Giants and Cowboys.So the Texans games are rarely transmitted.I watch the Texans game by the internet. the commentators here unfortunately are very partials.In the regular season game against the Patsies,the ESPN commentators had orgasms with the Brady throws. I've watched almost the entire game with the SAP button activated. Now,the brazilian NFL sites are saying that Ridley and Woodhead are better than Foster and Tate.Oh well.Many are saying "Houston has no chance!". I'm the only guy defending the Texans there.I can take the risk and say I'm the only Texans fan in Brazil. The only TRUE fan,at least. Football is a sport that is growing considerably in Brazil, every year, new people are watching.

So,here some Brazilian sites about NFL

http://www.snapfutebolamericano.com/
www.theconcussion.com/
www.oquarterback.com/
www.nohuddle.com.br/
nfldeboteco.com.br/
www.nflbrasil.net/
espn.estadao.com.br/competicao/internacional/nfl
diarionfl.zip.net/

That's it, I think it interesting to tell you how Brazilians are treating this game

My English is a little bad, may contain errors

EllisUnit 01-12-2013 09:40 AM

Re: Brazilian Media

Sadly your english is better then a lot of Americans :)

jaayteetx 01-12-2013 09:42 AM

Hola! Always good to see Texan fans all over the world, here's hoping you get to listen to the talking heads next week talk about how the Broncos or Ravens will demolish us. Go Texans!

Texas T 01-12-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2103393)
Sadly your english is better then a lot of Americans :)

Including some on this very site!

Welcome to the family! I always wanted family in Brazil-so where do we come for vacation?

IlliniJen 01-12-2013 09:50 AM

Ola!

That is the beginning and the end of the Portuguese I know. Nice to see a Brasilian fan!

Goodwrench3 01-12-2013 09:56 AM

Thank you guys! Go Texans!

NitroGSXR 01-12-2013 10:18 AM

Thanks for sharing those sites! I've looked at them all and translated them. Some really great reads in there. It's nice to get a slightly different perspective.

theconcussion? I love that! Ain't no pussyfootin' around in Brazil!

I would be very careful with what you read at oquarterback as they once called the Cardinals the best team in the NFL. D'oh.

GO TEXANS!!!

Playoffs 01-12-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodwrench3 (Post 2103391)
...Now,the brazilian NFL sites are saying that Ridley and Woodhead are better than Foster and Tate....

Brazil knows some things...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qCFDxiHTp5...outine-gif.gif

Brazil don't know football. http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/...Smileys/no.gif

EllisUnit 01-12-2013 10:34 AM

fell in love with a girl from brazil once. An exchange student and boy was she "great" :)

Quick II Draw 01-12-2013 11:29 AM

^^ She's Australian

I went to SnapFutbolAmericano's game preview. LOL.

He gives the Texans' running game an 8.0 grade and the Pats an 8.5. And he apparently did so because the Patriots have 2089 yards rushing while the Texans have 2077. He also somehow came to the conclusion that the receiving corps are a "technical draw" at 8.5.

EllisUnit 01-12-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quick II Draw (Post 2103454)
^^ She's Australian

I went to SnapFutbolAmericano's game preview. LOL.

He gives the Texans' running game an 8.0 grade and the Pats an 8.5. And he apparently did so because the Patriots have 2089 yards rushing while the Texans have 2077. He also somehow came to the conclusion that the receiving corps are a "technical draw" at 8.5.

Well i declare that i will move to Austria ASAP then :)

gg no re 01-12-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodwrench3 (Post 2103391)
Now,the brazilian NFL sites are saying that Ridley and Woodhead are better than Foster and Tate.

http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pi...uation-omg.gif

Tailgate 01-12-2013 12:15 PM

Welcome Brazil!! Happy to hear the sport is gaining popularity down there. I can understand how different it is to "soccer" in many ways and seems like it has no flow.... but once you start to grasp the true depth of the game it will hook you for life. And its easy to forget just how big, fast, strong, and athletic these guys really are. Almost inhuman for a 6-7 320 lb man to be able to move that quickly.

Hold down the Texans Fort! You are the king of the castle my man.

Goodwrench3 01-12-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 2103474)
Welcome Brazil!! Happy to hear the sport is gaining popularity down there. I can understand how different it is to "soccer" in many ways and seems like it has no flow.... but once you start to grasp the true depth of the game it will hook you for life. And its easy to forget just how big, fast, strong, and athletic these guys really are. Almost inhuman for a 6-7 320 lb man to be able to move that quickly.

Hold down the Texans Fort! You are the king of the castle my man.

Thanks,man! Proud to be part of this forum. Yeah, this game is my life. I like soccer too,but, football is fascinating,different of anything else.

will742 01-12-2013 01:30 PM

Oí meu amigo. You're not the only Brasilieiro on here. :) I was born in Campinas but now currently reside in Houston.

Goodwrench3 01-12-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will742 (Post 2103516)
Oí meu amigo. You're not the only Brasilieiro on here. :) I was born in Campinas but now currently reside in Houston.

Wow,this is fantastic!Your Portuguese by the way is very good, too! :texanbill:

rush2112mn 01-12-2013 10:58 PM

Hello to Texan fan who lives in Brazile.....bet that country is pumped up....they got the next World Cup and Summer Olympics coming up......

b0ng 01-12-2013 11:41 PM

Time for them boys on Kirby to shock the world

aussie_texan 01-12-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2103415)

actually shes Australian!!

aussie_texan 01-12-2013 11:51 PM

her name is Michelle Jenneke if anyone wants to know ;)