Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   What player(s)will you focus on? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97762)

badboy 01-11-2013 02:50 PM

What player(s)will you focus on?
 
Offense: WR anyone on field with AJ, whether Jean, Walter or Posey. Someone really needs to get free. Derek Newton was said to have had best game last week. Oline only allowed 2 hits on Schaub & no sacks.

Would prefer to see Forsett over Tate.

Defense: Reed, Quin, Mitchell and ILB.

JCTexan 01-11-2013 03:46 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy (Post 2103009)
Offense: WR anyone on field with AJ, whether Jean, Walter or Posey. Someone really needs to get free. Derek Newton was said to have had best game last week. Oline only allowed 2 hits on Schaub & no sacks.

Would prefer to see Forsett over Tate.

Defense: Reed, Quin, Mitchell and ILB.

I usually don't focus on certain aspects of the game, but this week I'll be focused on one player & one stat. The stat: Third Down Efficiency. The Patriots were 6/12 on converting third downs Week 14 against Houston. Now, I don't expect the Houston defense to dominate this statistic like they did against Cincinnati (0/9), but they have to do better than they did last time against New England. The Player: Arian Foster. He only had fifteen carries for 46 yards in that Week 14 matchup against New England. Houston needs him to have a huge game this week. The offense needs to ride Foster this game. Now if Houston does these two things, I expect them to win this game.

Thorn 01-11-2013 07:55 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
Quote:

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
All of 'em

DX-TEX 01-11-2013 08:08 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
Im also looking at ILB. He is a badass with tons of potentisl

qqert 01-11-2013 08:57 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
only player im worried about is schaub.
anyone remember when his last TD pass was?

0/23 quarters and counting?
it better pour sunday..

badboy 01-11-2013 09:07 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 2103072)
I usually don't focus on certain aspects of the game, but this week I'll be focused on one player & one stat. The stat: Third Down Efficiency. The Patriots were 6/12 on converting third downs Week 14 against Houston. Now, I don't expect the Houston defense to dominate this statistic like they did against Cincinnati (0/9), but they have to do better than they did last time against New England. The Player: Arian Foster. He only had fifteen carries for 46 yards in that Week 14 matchup against New England. Houston needs him to have a huge game this week. The offense needs to ride Foster this game. Now if Houston does these two things, I expect them to win this game.

I think Newton is much more healthy from his knee injury and that has to benefit Foster and in turn entire O. We all have seen what offense can do with a solid running performance.

AJ-80 01-11-2013 09:44 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
Offense - Ben Jones. He has looked shaky out there at times, and on Sunday it will be interesting to see if he steps up to the challenge. The whole O-line will pretty much determine if we can have an effective offensive attack.

Defense - Brandon Harris. He was pretty awful last time these two teams met due to his inexperience, but he has improved, especially in the Cincy game. Hopefully he has gotten the jitters out and will have his best game yet.

Matt Shaub will also have to have a great day throwing the ball off play-action.

amazing80 01-12-2013 10:34 AM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by qqert (Post 2103269)
only player im worried about is schaub.
anyone remember when his last TD pass was?

0/23 quarters and counting?
it better pour sunday..

This, in order to win Schaub needs to bring it....

badboy 01-12-2013 01:46 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ-80 (Post 2103285)
Offense - Ben Jones. He has looked shaky out there at times, and on Sunday it will be interesting to see if he steps up to the challenge. The whole O-line will pretty much determine if we can have an effective offensive attack.

Defense - Brandon Harris. He was pretty awful last time these two teams met due to his inexperience, but he has improved, especially in the Cincy game. Hopefully he has gotten the jitters out and will have his best game yet.

Matt Shaub will also have to have a great day throwing the ball off play-action.

I think we will see a lot of Brooks at RG.

Goodwrench3 01-12-2013 01:52 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
I'm worried about our CB's.

Playoffs 01-12-2013 02:27 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
Penalties, missed assignments, and how we handle Wilfork.

Antonio Smith & our safeties need to step it up.

badboy 01-12-2013 02:27 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodwrench3 (Post 2103540)
I'm worried about our CB's.

I doubt Joseph has played at 100% all season. Hope he can hydrate.

thunderkyss 01-12-2013 03:36 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
Everybody on defense not named Jj Watt.

I have a feeling, Brady is going to go "hurry up" anytime Watt is not on the field. Everyone else is going to have to step up. Most likely, in these situations, I think it's going to have to be Merci, Crick, & Barwin/Reed.

vupac1 01-12-2013 03:51 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
Seems like we've been putting Brooks out there more since the first meeting in an attempt to groom him for tomorrow's matchup.

We will need his big body to help neutralize the mammoth Wilfork

thunderkyss 01-12-2013 04:47 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vupac1 (Post 2103665)
Seems like we've been putting Brooks out there more since the first meeting in an attempt to groom him for tomorrow's matchup.

We will need his big body to help neutralize the mammoth Wilfork

Can't think of any other reason, but Ben Jones had a heck of a game last Saturday. He was doing things that would help us as well, like getting to the second level & killing the LBs. Brooks is better at the Line, against a big body, but the LBs are a big part of their run d

aussie_texan 01-12-2013 08:17 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2103772)
Can't think of any other reason, but Ben Jones had a heck of a game last Saturday. He was doing things that would help us as well, like getting to the second level & killing the LBs. Brooks is better at the Line, against a big body, but the LBs are a big part of their run d

have to disagree with you here. i watched the game again a couple of days ago and thought that jones was the weak link of the line. when bengals got penetration on the play more often then not it was on jones.

Jones has had a really good rookie year but he needs further development and i think playing behind Myers as the backup centre which is his true position.

Brooks for me has been a little inconsistent but i think next year will be our starting RG, im really high on him.

thunderkyss 01-12-2013 08:48 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie_texan (Post 2104567)
have to disagree with you here. i watched the game again a couple of days ago and thought that jones was the weak link of the line. when bengals got penetration on the play more often then not it was on jones.

This isn't really counter to what I was saying. Those big bodies are issues for Ben Jones, he's going to need help with those big guys. Maybe with more time, he can learn some technique that would help....

At the line, Brooks is definitely better. He's bigger & stronger.

I'm just thinking his size & athleticism gives us an advantage at the second level, which is just as important to our run game. Having him & Myers next to each other is going to be a challenge.

I personally don't see Wade Smith as a probowler & look for Brooks to take that spot in the future. But Ben deserves to be on the field as well.

aussie_texan 01-12-2013 09:06 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2104640)
This isn't really counter to what I was saying. Those big bodies are issues for Ben Jones, he's going to need help with those big guys. Maybe with more time, he can learn some technique that would help....

At the line, Brooks is definitely better. He's bigger & stronger.

I'm just thinking his size & athleticism gives us an advantage at the second level, which is just as important to our run game. Having him & Myers next to each other is going to be a challenge.

I personally don't see Wade Smith as a probowler & look for Brooks to take that spot in the future. But Ben deserves to be on the field as well.

you said he had he had a heck of a game, when i think he had a poor game.
also i think your underrating brooks' ability at the next level, he is surprisingly athletic for his size and can meet 'backers in the backfield.
I think brooks will be our RG not a replacement for smith at LG which if replaced will either be by another FA or draft pick.

thunderkyss 01-12-2013 09:29 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie_texan (Post 2104676)
you said he had he had a heck of a game, when i think he had a poor game.

Ah...
Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie_texan (Post 2104676)
also i think your underrating brooks' ability at the next level, he is surprisingly athletic for his size and can meet 'backers in the backfield.
I think brooks will be our RG not a replacement for smith at LG which if replaced will either be by another FA or draft pick.

Wade Smith & Mike Briesel are athletic for their size as well. I just think Jones gives us added flexibility.

We'll see.

76Texan 01-12-2013 10:53 PM

Re: What player(s)will you focus on?
 
I wonder if Wade Smith can get healthier?!?

If not, he might be a cap casualty with an increase if $1M in cap hit.

We can take his $3M and find another LG in FA, can't we?

Who knows, we may just play Brooks and Jones together next year.
Resign Caldwell on the cheap to be a back-up and draft another G.

Possible?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger