Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   "Welker's not aj green" -wade (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97742)

GRONKED 01-10-2013 08:26 PM

"Welker's not aj green" -wade

Right off nfl.com front page.

Wade goes on to say "welker's a good player, but he's not that big or a real athletic guy".

I get what hes saying...but as a pats fan, its music to my ears. Pretty well documented that guys like wes have a chip on their shoulder and thrive off comments like these.

However you wanna label him, wes is elite and as fn productive as they come. Id watch out for him sunday to have a big day esp with gronk likely drawing dbl teams.

To be fair, wades comments arent far off nor all that bad...but as the article indicates, bulletin board material.

The Third Man 01-10-2013 08:40 PM

Re: "Welker's not aj green" -wade

So, Welker *is* a big athletic guy who you cover with your best cover corner over the other weapons New England has? STFU.

fiasco west 01-10-2013 08:50 PM

Welker is not AJ Green, but the problem may be that Dalton is no Brady.

We know what happens when you put a true elite WR on that team...well they were one game away from perfection and put up crazy numbers.

Quite frankly, the league is lucky that Welker is not AJ Green.

TexansSeminole 01-10-2013 08:50 PM

Sorry about the above post.

Anyway, I don't think he means anything by it except to say that they are different players that you cover in different ways. Welker killed us last game, so I hope we have a good plan in place to stop him this time around.

76Texan 01-10-2013 08:58 PM

Welker is a vet; he knows who he is; Wade knows who he is.

There's no bulletin board material here.

Brisco_County 01-10-2013 09:03 PM

Yeah Patriots fans, our bravado, cocky, trashtalking Wade Phillips is totally underestimating this five year veteran that he schemed against one month ago.

EllisUnit 01-10-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRONKED (Post 2102457)

Wade goes on to say "welker's a good player, but he's not that big or a real athletic guy".

I get what hes saying...but as a pats fan, its music to my ears. Pretty well documented that guys like wes have a chip on their shoulder and thrive off comments like these.

However you wanna label him, wes is elite and as fn productive as they come. Id watch out for him sunday to have a big day esp with gronk likely drawing dbl teams.

To be fair, wades comments arent far off nor all that bad...but as the article indicates, bulletin board material.

Welker is FARRRRRRRR from elite, AJ is elite, Calvin Johnson is Elite, These 2 guys could play anywhere and be elite. Welker is the product of the system, (short routes that are guranteed to gain yards) Thats why he always has so many catches and not near the yards that guys like AJ and CJ have. Same goes with woodhead and all those players that look good while there and then are never heard from again when they leave.

It was that way with Stokley when he was with the colts, and after he left he vanished until him and Manning were reunited again this year.

So in all honesty i would say Brady makes guys look elite.

Ghostform 01-10-2013 09:13 PM

Pretty sure some of it was taken out of context by Rosenthal. Anyway here is Phillips response on twitter.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9937/wptwitter.png

CloakNNNdagger 01-10-2013 09:16 PM

Wade's gonna have Welker controlled this time.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...HWCA15whN39paw

It's the boys whose socks can't reach their pants that I'm more concerned with this game.

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/Scr...45_30%20PM.png

Texan_Bill 01-10-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRONKED (Post 2102457)

Context my friend, context..... We understand that you are inundated with BSPN's continuous northeast propaganda, but rest assured that @sonofbum (AKA Wade Phillips) is NOT underestimating Welker...

Screw bulletin material..... Do you think anyone in the Texans locker room is sweating that hack that you have at the Boston Globe - Stan ****ahoaughsy?? I think not, but your local station (aka known as BSPN) made a big deal about Arian Foster changing his avatar to ****tysees column.. If y'all knew anything about Arian Foster, he was laughing at those comments. SHYTE like that is not what motivates him. BTW Arian changes AVI's more often than the average German changes underwear.

According to BSPN and most major outlets, the Texans shouldn't even fly to Boston this weekend... If that's the case, why even play the game.

In conclusion, I don't expect the Texans to win, nor do I expect that close of a game, but as a fan... :thinking: I can hope.

Where does Boston fan get off being so arrogant? The Patriots were an abysmal team for longer stretches than the Texans have even been in existence. The Red Sox, were really, really............ REALLY bad until their last few years of success.

GRONKED 01-10-2013 09:39 PM

Third man--never said im disagreeing w wade...just saying those words are begging to be twisted.

76Texan..sure? Ive heard of some weak crap motivate some top notch athletes. Brady cried recently talking about the Brady 6...I mean, rlly?

Ellis...I wont argue that in most systems w most qbs he wouldnt be special. But gotta acknowledge that, as is, over the last 5 years his ##s compare well anyones..and is a huge reason pats are so effective on offense.

76Texan 01-10-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2102481)
Wade's gonna have Welker controlled this time.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...HWCA15whN39paw

It's the boys whose socks can't reach their pants that I'm more concerned with this game.

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/Scr...45_30%20PM.png

Did he ever got fined for violating the NFL uniform code.

PS - I spell it out for the Pats fans who may not know that Kareem Jackson was fined for wearing socks too high.

EllisUnit 01-10-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRONKED (Post 2102498)
Ellis...I wont argue that in most systems w most qbs he wouldnt be special. But gotta acknowledge that, as is, over the last 5 years his ##s compare well anyones..and is a huge reason pats are so effective on offense.

Ok then i cant really say he is elite then. AJ was elite with David Carr at QB. An Elite players makes other players whom are average look elite there for meet Mr Brady and Bill B who has made Welker look elite.

Thats all i'm saying.

You dont go throwing around a system guy and call him elite unless he could be productive anywhere.

76Texan 01-10-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRONKED (Post 2102498)
Third man--never said im disagreeing w wade...just saying those words are begging to be twisted.

76Texan..sure? Ive heard of some weak crap motivate some top notch athletes. Brady cried recently talking about the Brady 6...I mean, rlly?

I'm sure Welker has heard worse throughout his life.

But hey, if it makes you happy, go for it :)

CloakNNNdagger 01-10-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2102499)
Did he ever got fined for violating the NFL uniform code.

PS - I spell it out for the Pats fans who may not know that Kareem Jackson was fined for wearing socks too high.

LOL, that was a purposeful subliminal message I had hidden in that pic!

dc_txtech 01-10-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2102501)
Ok then i cant really say he is elite then. AJ was elite with David Carr at QB. An Elite players makes other players whom are average look elite there for meet Mr Brady and Bill B who has made Welker look elite.

Thats all i'm saying.

You dont go throwing around a system guy and call him elite unless he could be productive anywhere.

Welker put up good numbers in his second season with a mixture of Cleo Lemon, Joey Harrington, and a broken Daunte Culpepper at QB.

In 5 of his last 6 seasons Welker has topped 110 catches and 1100 yards. The guy is a possible future Hall of Famer.

With that said, he's not AJ Green. Green is bigger, faster, and stronger than almost anybody he goes against. He is the exact opposite of Wes Welker and that's what I took out of Wade's comment. Welker is shifty and runs great routes, he doesn't go up and grab the ball at it's highest point like Green or Andre.

Would anybody be upset if it was 2007 and Wade said Welker isn't Randy Moss?

Hookem Horns 01-10-2013 10:13 PM

The Texans are going to have to stop that "Sand Aggy" for sure. ;)

76Texan 01-10-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2102508)
LOL, that was a purposeful subliminal message I had hidden in that pic!

I was pretty sure that was your intention, Doc, but I don't think the Pats fans know about it. And so they wouldn't get it; not because they are dense or anything like that. :)

EllisUnit 01-10-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_txtech (Post 2102517)
Welker put up good numbers in his second season with a mixture of Cleo Lemon, Joey Harrington, and a broken Daunte Culpepper at QB.

In 5 of his last 6 seasons Welker has topped 110 catches and 1100 yards. The guy is a possible future Hall of Famer.

With that said, he's not AJ Green. Green is bigger, faster, and stronger than almost anybody he goes against. He is the exact opposite of Wes Welker and that's what I took out of Wade's comment. Welker is shifty and runs great routes, he doesn't go up and grab the ball at it's highest point like Green or Andre.

Would anybody be upset if it was 2007 and Wade said Welker isn't Randy Moss?

Not saying he isnt "good" but he is not elite. His elite QB makes everyone around him look elite. He cant even step on the same field as AJ or CJ or AJG.

dc_txtech 01-10-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2102523)
Not saying he isnt "good" but he is not elite. His elite QB makes everyone around him look elite. He cant even step on the same field as AJ or CJ or AJG.

I'm not saying you're "wrong" but just that you are not right. He is a top 10 WR in this league and has been for a long time. I would put my money on him making the Hall.