Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Sunday's game is nothing but a formality (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97731)

RandomVariable 01-10-2013 12:46 PM

Sunday's game is nothing but a formality

Let me first start by acknowledging that the 42-14 Patriots win a few weeks ago is mostly irrelevant now. Having said that, it was quite telling. That we were able to destroy you guys while playing a mediocre (AT BEST) game speaks volumes. With the exception of that fabulous 63 yard pass to Donate Stallworth, it was one of Brady's weaker performances of the season. There were several missed passes (to Lloyd) that would have resulted in 6. We fumbled the ball a couple of times (not surprisingly, the Texans failed to recover) and our defense had some gaping holes. In short, we were not at our best. Add to that the fact that Gronkowski wasn't in our lineup, and the blowout becomes even more comical. Expect a much better effort from the Pats with something actually on the line.

Gronkowski will prove to be a matchup nightmare for you guys. He is 6'6 265 lbs of pure strength. He is a superb blocker, and easily the best receiving TE in the league.

Additionally, I see the Texans doing their usual routine and trying to attack us with Foster. Guys like Wilfork, Jones, Ninkovich, Spikes, have been amazing against the run this year. Going with the run as opposed to attacking our CB will be their downfall.

People will bring up the Jets game in 2010. There is no comparison. The Jets were far more familiar with us. The Jets played with a kind of tenacity I've never seen from the Texans. Our running attack is more balanced (we lead the league in rushing TDs) and takes pressure off of Brady, our secondary and defense in general is significantly improved, and the addition of Lloyd has at times provided a legitimate outside threat which we really lacked in 2010.

Your team is simply not built to win shootouts, which is what it will take to beat us in Foxborough.

I won't even feel the need to brag about our inevitable win. I expect another one-sided affair. Beating you guys just won't be that big of an accomplishment.

fiasco west 01-10-2013 12:51 PM

Re: Sunday's game is nothing but a formality

In case any one is wondering, this is what a Troll post looks like.

TexanSam 01-10-2013 12:52 PM

I guess the Texans should just hang up their cleats now. Oh well. Good season guys.

gtexan02 01-10-2013 12:52 PM

Do you live in Boston? If so, lets make a bet. I can meet you in person to discuss the terms. You seem pretty confident, how many points will you give me? 20? 30? Last time, the Patriots beat us by 28 points and you seem to believe they will be even better this time. Will you give me 40? I'd like to see if you really have the guts to stand behind the post.

Texn4life 01-10-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandomVariable (Post 2102161)
Let me first start by acknowledging that the 42-14 Patriots win a few weeks ago is mostly irrelevant now. Having said that, it was quite telling. That we were able to destroy you guys while playing a mediocre (AT BEST) game speaks volumes. With the exception of that fabulous 63 yard pass to Donate Stallworth, it was one of Brady's weaker performances of the season. There were several missed passes (to Lloyd) that would have resulted in 6. We fumbled the ball a couple of times (not surprisingly, the Texans failed to recover) and our defense had some gaping holes. In short, we were not at our best. Add to that the fact that Gronkowski wasn't in our lineup, and the blowout becomes even more comical. Expect a much better effort from the Pats with something actually on the line.

Gronkowski will prove to be a matchup nightmare for you guys. He is 6'6 265 lbs of pure strength. He is a superb blocker, and easily the best receiving TE in the league.

Additionally, I see the Texans doing their usual routine and trying to attack us with Foster. Guys like Wilfork, Jones, Ninkovich, Spikes, have been amazing against the run this year. Going with the run as opposed to attacking our CB will be their downfall.

People will bring up the Jets game in 2010. There is no comparison. The Jets were far more familiar with us. The Jets played with a kind of tenacity I've never seen from the Texans. Our running attack is more balanced (we lead the league in rushing TDs) and takes pressure off of Brady, our secondary and defense in general is significantly improved, and the addition of Lloyd has at times provided a legitimate outside threat which we really lacked in 2010.

Your team is simply not built to win shootouts, which is what it will take to beat us in Foxborough.

I won't even feel the need to brag about our inevitable win. I expect another one-sided affair. Beating you guys just won't be that big of an accomplishment.

If you're that confident you might as well fly to Vegas and bet your life savings on it then. Hell, while you're at it go ahead and call Bob McNair and tell him its a waste of time to fuel up the jet.

HOU-TEX 01-10-2013 12:55 PM

Yay you!

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumbla...63796683XZ.jpg

Brisco_County 01-10-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

I won't even feel the need to brag about our inevitable win.

Then why did you create a membership to the forums?

Vance87 01-10-2013 12:56 PM

Trololol, he is just copy and pasting and going to all the Texans forums...he's already been banned from HTMB

Stemp 01-10-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisco_County (Post 2102175)
Then why did you create a membership to the forums?

Because he is 13

HOU-TEX 01-10-2013 12:58 PM

Let's fight it out. You can have the entire Northeast (Yankee Country) vs us/Texas. We'd beat y'alls asses senseless.

Friggin yankees!

:spit: :lol: :spit: :lol: :spit: :lol:

Playoffs 01-10-2013 01:16 PM

Chappaquiddick, chappaquiddick, chappaquiddick!

Mr teX 01-10-2013 01:20 PM

I bet it was just merely a "formality" against the Giants in 07' too wasn't it?

Lol, if its merely a "formality" why are all you guys flooding our boards with the smack talk? I mean if it's going to be that easy, why not just look past us & on to Denver?

I bet your coach isn't foolish enough to feel that way...& as much as i hate to say it, it's the #2 reason why he's 1 of the greatest coaches to ever do it....you should take notes from William Stephen.

Dutchrudder 01-10-2013 01:25 PM

Excellent, I sure do hope that Brady and company treat it like a formality.

Goodwrench3 01-10-2013 01:35 PM

I think this forum should be unique for the Texans' fans.We have a lot of Patsies fans here. For What???

Dutchrudder 01-10-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodwrench3 (Post 2102217)
I think this forum should be unique for the Texans' fans.We have a lot of Patsies fans here. For What???

It's an open forum, so don't break the rules and you can be a fan of the Montreal Allouettes or the SCLSU Muddawgs.

Goodwrench3 01-10-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

. He is 6'6 265 lbs of pure strength.

Hmmmmmmm.Strange....

TheIronDuke 01-10-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Cool story bro.

Ryan 01-10-2013 01:58 PM

Do any of us need to be worried about what's going on up there in Boston? Anytime someone mentions Gronkowski they talk about his massive arms and chest and his pure strength, and I'm not sure at this point if it's even football related.

Seņor Stan 01-10-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

t.

Hey knucklehead...

You can't even spell the name of the town your team plays in!!!

RandomVariable 01-10-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Stan (Post 2102239)
Hey knucklehead...

You can't even spell the name of the town your team plays in!!!

Actually that is a valid spelling of the name. Silly hick.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=foxborough+massachusetts