Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97668)

Jules Winnfield 01-08-2013 01:56 PM

ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQsycH47aXE


<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bQsycH47aXE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


Discuss....

Yankee_In_TX 01-08-2013 01:57 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
video fail

Let me guess, Skip hated on Houston?

Jules Winnfield 01-08-2013 01:59 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 2100830)
video fail

Let me guess, Skip hated on Houston?

you cant post youtube vids on here?

skip was actually said it would be a close game while stephen a agreed 100% with the article and crushed matt schaub.

Playoffs 01-08-2013 02:05 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
Who cares what the reality TV fools think?

BigB0iFresh 01-08-2013 02:05 PM

First Take has gone down the drain. SAS yelling and Skip saying stuff for shock value

Carr Bombed 01-08-2013 02:12 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
Can somebody post what they actually said, because I can't play youtube vids right now?

Thorn 01-08-2013 02:13 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
So what? What the fools at ESPN or NFLN say, or what we say here, doesn't matter except to the person saying it. They players will play the game in the mood they are in despite what is said about them before hand.

silentassassin 01-08-2013 02:16 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
I hope no one here actually takes that show seriously.

Scooter 01-08-2013 02:16 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
people actually watch that show?

Carr Bombed 01-08-2013 02:18 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigB0iFresh (Post 2100835)
First Take has gone down the drain. SAS yelling and Skip saying stuff for shock value

Yep, Skip officially jumped the shark with his "I would've left RGIII in the game, because he needs to learn how to play injured" argument. It was by far one of the dumbest things I ever heard anyone say on TV and I'm not just talking about sports either. He needs to go sit in the corner with Rob Parker.

Jules Winnfield 01-08-2013 02:23 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2100838)
So what? What the fools at ESPN or NFLN say, or what we say here, doesn't matter except to the person saying it. They players will play the game in the mood they are in despite what is said about them before hand.

if people didnt care they wouldnt be on TV.

fact of the matter is, Firsttake is a very popular nationally televised sports opinion show despite how many people claim they hate this show or how much people try to trivialize the show.

NFL players despite how freakishly huge they are, still are humans and they watch and listen to everything that is said about them.

to pretend otherwise is just naive.

They play sports for a living FFS. If regular people watch that show, how much more people who are talked about and play sports for a living?

BetaV1 01-08-2013 02:24 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
What's amazing is that it feels like a vast majority of this forum also would agree with Skip and Stephen, as well as this fish wrap writer up in Boston.

Keep talking. Anyone who has ever played football will tell you the Texans want to play this game right now if they could. Sunday can't come soon enough for these guys.

Thorn 01-08-2013 02:31 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield (Post 2100848)
if people didnt care they wouldnt be on TV.

fact of the matter is, Firsttake is a very popular nationally televised sports opinion show despite how many people claim they hate this show or how much people try to trivialize the show.

NFL players despite how freakishly huge they are, still are humans and they watch and listen to everything that is said about them.

to pretend otherwise is just naive.

They play sports for a living FFS. If regular people watch that show, how much more people who are talked about and play sports for a living?

Well then you can call me naive, because I don't watch ESPN at all except when the Texans play on Monday night football. If the Texans didn't have the bad luck of being scheduled for those ridiculous nights my TV would never be on ESPN.

ChampionTexan 01-08-2013 02:56 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield (Post 2100848)
if people didnt care they wouldnt be on TV.

fact of the matter is, Firsttake is a very popular nationally televised sports opinion show despite how many people claim they hate this show or how much people try to trivialize the show.

NFL players despite how freakishly huge they are, still are humans and they watch and listen to everything that is said about them.

to pretend otherwise is just naive.

They play sports for a living FFS. If regular people watch that show, how much more people who are talked about and play sports for a living?

I stand in awe of your brilliance Mr. Winnfield (the bolded sentence on it's own has convinced me that everything you say is spot-on).

Double Barrel 01-08-2013 03:04 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr Bombed (Post 2100837)
Can somebody post what they actually said, because I can't play youtube vids right now?

I can't post the video, but I did take a screenshot of it:

http://funnyasduck.net/wp-content/up...-head-pics.jpg

C Madd 01-08-2013 03:33 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 2100862)
I can't post the video, but I did take a screenshot of it:

http://funnyasduck.net/wp-content/up...-head-pics.jpg

That's a good picture of Skip Bayless.

Surreal McCoy 01-08-2013 03:42 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampionTexan (Post 2100855)
I stand in awe of your brilliance Mr. Winnfield (the bolded sentence on it's own has convinced me that everything you say is spot-on).

It's not even a sentence fragment. It's...hmm...maybe it'll make more sense if I'm drunk. Really drunk :)

Tailgate 01-08-2013 05:40 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
I kinda wish Foster would have just left this one alone.

Jules Winnfield 01-08-2013 05:44 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 2100951)
I kinda wish Foster would have just left this one alone.

but thorn said it doesnt matter.....

:shades:

In today's internet/social media era, trivial, petty, tripe stuff matters.

Especially to today's athletes.

MEGA SWATT 01-08-2013 11:57 PM

Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article
 
Pretty cool on Foster's part.

thx op.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger