Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Bama vs. ND (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97650)

JCTexan 01-07-2013 06:56 PM

Bama vs. ND

My score prediction for this game... Alabama 24 - Notre Dame 13

coon 01-07-2013 07:11 PM

Re: Bama vs. ND

31-17 bama

Texan4Ever 01-07-2013 07:36 PM

Nice "block" by the ref.

b0ng 01-07-2013 07:58 PM

****, this ***** is over before it began. Bama up 14-0 and just recovered a fumble on the ND side of the field. Ouch.

Mr teX 01-07-2013 08:14 PM

Bama all up in ND ass.....early too....like they didn't even ask them their name, just having their way with them.

Hervoyel 01-07-2013 08:24 PM

Roll Tide!

Texn4life 01-07-2013 08:31 PM

Am I alone in thinking McCarron has the potential to be a really good QB in the NFL?

WolverineFan 01-07-2013 08:32 PM

This is not at all surprising. Bama is a machine and give them a full month to prepare for a team and they will come out and dominate. ND is the biggest fraud at #1 in a decade.

GlassHalfFull 01-07-2013 08:57 PM

28-0 at half. Yikes

Dutchrudder 01-07-2013 09:04 PM

So is there any way we can get AJ McCarron in a Texans' uniform before Sunday?

Kaiser Toro 01-07-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2100455)
So is there any way we can get AJ McCarron in a Texans' uniform before Sunday?

I would start with Superman. If he ain't available, then I would consult with Norg.

coon 01-07-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texn4life (Post 2100430)
Am I alone in thinking McCarron has the potential to be a really good QB in the NFL?

No, in my mock I argue that we should not take a QB this year and hope he falls to the end of the first next year. He will be a better pro than anybody in college today other than maybe Teddy Bridgewater.

Texn4life 01-07-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coon (Post 2100472)
No in my mock, I argue that we should not take a QB this year and hope he falls to the end of the first next year. He will be a better pro than anybody in college today other than maybe Teddy Bridgewater.

I've watched him 10 games this year and last and he's a very polished QB already. He improved greatly last year to this year and does everything well we ask for in a QB in our offense.

coon 01-07-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texn4life (Post 2100477)
I've watched him 10 games this year and last and he's a very polished QB already. He improved greatly last year to this year and does everything well we ask for in a QB in our offense.

He gets looked at as a game manager because he plays for Alabama, but he has all the physical and mental tools you need to be very successful in the NFL. My favorite thing about him is that he is always pressing the ball down the field, but he does it very smartly. He rarely turns the ball over. He has all the makings of a top tier Qb.

Xcellerator 01-07-2013 10:02 PM

McCarron just made a hell of a throw! At least he's somewhat mobile. Say his potential is better than Schaub. >.<

Texn4life 01-07-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coon (Post 2100487)
He gets looked at as a game manager because he plays for Alabama, but he has all the physical and mental tools you need to be very successful in the NFL. My favorite thing about him is that he is always pressing the ball down the field, but he does it very smartly. He rarely turns the ball over. He has all the makings of a top tier Qb.

I agree with this 100 percent. In a different system he could be putting up sick numbers but he's not asked to do that. I honestly don't see him falling out of the top 10 next year. He'd maybe be a late first this year if he were to come out.

klockWork 01-07-2013 10:11 PM

Wow. The more Ala dominates ND the more I'm impressed with the Aggies and Manziel.

coon 01-07-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texn4life (Post 2100502)
I agree with this 100 percent. In a different system he could be putting up sick numbers but he's not asked to do that. I honestly don't see him falling out of the top 10 next year. He'd maybe be a late first this year if he were to come out.

He would be the first Qb taken if he came out now. With the success the zone read has had in the nfl this year he could fall to the late first if Manziel, Bridgewater, and Mariota all declare. Otherwise he probably goes very early. They all must declare, and if they do, we must find a way to get our new A.J.

Texn4life 01-07-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coon (Post 2100515)
He would be the first Qb taken if he came out now. With the success the zone read has had in the nfl this year he could fall to the late first if Manziel, Bridgewater, and Mariota all declare. Otherwise he probably goes very early. They all must declare, and if they do, we must find a way to get our new A.J.

It would be between him and Barkley, but McCarron's decision making is head and shoulders above Barkley's. Barkley probably has a slight edge in arm strength while McCarron has the edge in accuracy and pocket presence. They're pretty even in mobility, but I've seen McCarron make more throws on the run than Barkley and he can even get some first downs for you with his feet if need be.

coon 01-07-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texn4life (Post 2100519)
It would be between him and Barkley, but McCarron's decision making is head and shoulders above Barkley's. Barkley probably has a slight edge in arm strength while McCarron has the edge in accuracy and pocket presence. They're pretty even in mobility, but I've seen McCarron make more throws on the run than Barkley and he can even get some first downs for you with his feet if need be.

I think McCarron is better than Barkley in all facets of the game, including arm strength. Barkley will probably not be the first Qb taken anyway. My money is on Geno Smith, and maybe Tyler Wilson to go ahead of him. Weather or not they should is another discussion.