Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Rank the Final Eight (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97632)

thunderkyss 01-07-2013 10:41 AM

Rank the Final Eight

How do you rank the final 8 football teams?

My Rankings
  1. New England
  2. Denver
  3. Green Bay
  4. San Francisco
  5. Baltimore
  6. Seattle
  7. Atlanta
  8. Houston

Now, just because I got Houston last, don't think that I've given up on them. Actually, my hopes for a Super Bowl Championship has increased over the last 4 weeks.

I was more worried about it when we were the #1 team. Of all the teams that I know won't win the Super Bowl, it's that #1 team at the end of the season. I guarantee you whoever that number one team is will not win the Super Bowl. Not necessarily my number 1 team, I've got the Patriots as the best team left, they've been my #1 team since the end of the season, so I believe they have no chance (I know how that sounds).

That's also not to say the worst team (which was probably the Texans going into the play-offs) will win it. We've got to beat New England & that's not looking like a good bet right now.

HOU-TEX 01-07-2013 11:24 AM

Re: Rank the Final Eight

I'd put Seattle and Atlanta above Baltimore, but I'd have to agree with the Texans being last on the list. I reckon one could argue the Texans over Baltimore, but not I

New England
Denver
Green Bay
San Francisco
Atlanta
Seattle
Baltimore
Houston

Playoffs 01-07-2013 11:55 AM

Denver
New England
San Francisco
Green Bay
Atlanta
Seattle
Houston
Baltimore

Foxboro Steve 01-07-2013 12:17 PM

New England
San Fran
Seattle
Green Bay
Houston
Atlanta
Denver
Baltimore

I don't think there's a huge difference from 1 to 8, given the right game plan, any of the eight can beat each other. I think Seattle is playing with a lot of swagger right now, and that's pretty big IMO. They aren't afraid to play anyone, and they aren't going to choke. I'm not buying the hype of Denver, I think they are overrated as a team, but their QB is "pretty good".

srrono 01-07-2013 10:39 PM

Green Bay
New England
Atlanta
Denver
San Francisco
Houston
Seattle
Baltimore

GRONKED 01-08-2013 12:35 AM

Denver
New England
Green bay
Seattle
Sf
Houston
Atlanta
Baltimore

Pats Denver tossup, nod to denver for hfa and momentum at the end.

Baltimore the only team without a legitimate shot imo...can see them getting lit up in Denver.

Houston has the talent to match any for sure...but not on form lately and has a road from hell to the sb.

gtexan02 01-08-2013 12:40 AM

Elites - Favorites to win it all
Denver
New England
Green bay

Something to Prove
Sf
Atlanta
Houston

Not enough talent to get you there
Seattle
Baltimore

Baltimore looks slow to me. Wilson is not taking the Seahakws to the superbowl. Houston has the talent but needs to back it up. Atlanta has a giant monkey on their back they need to get rid of. CK in the playoffs for SF is a big unknown. GB, Denver, and NE are all elite. I think GB's defense is by far the worst. I think Denver has the best defense. I think NE has the best offense.

imatexan 01-08-2013 01:28 AM

New England
Denver
Green Bay
San Francisco
Seattle
Houston
Atlanta
Baltimore

Ghostform 01-08-2013 05:33 AM

NE
DEN
GB
SEA
SF
ATL
HOU
BAL

If Houston gets knocked out this weekend i definately wouldnt mind the conference championship games to be NE vs DEN and SEA vs GB ... the first game being the classic brady vs manning and the latter being a rematch for that blown call of the year.