Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Uh oh, I'm getting excited again (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97631)

Tailgate 01-07-2013 09:59 AM

Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
Slowly but surely my mojo is starting to come back... I havent truly had it since the week leading up to the NE game weeks ago.

We at least made it as far as last year...despite losing Cushing, and despite all the changes we had to make this offseason to prepare for our long term stability as a team.

Maybe we just played too Vanilla last time? Maybe they will be rusty? Maybe Tom Brady comes down with mad cow disease prior to kickoff? Maybe it really is extremely difficult to beat a team twice in one year, let alone a playoff team. Maybe Foster absolutely goes OFF on them this time...

Who knows? ANYTHING can happen, and for whatever reason I am starting to get excited again. In 7 days, we just might be talking about playing for a spot in the Super Bowl. Whether likely or not, its why they play the game. Whats your attitude at the MO?


GO TEXANS!!! :fans:

Mr teX 01-07-2013 10:04 AM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
Lol, try to remain grounded enough so that a potential crash down to reality doesn't hurt you too much.....this is how i'm handling this week anyway.

GP 01-07-2013 10:08 AM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
Cautiously optimistic. That's my attitude.

We bring our A+ game, the Patriots commit some mistakes (and we don't), then we stand a chance.

But the Texans will have to play damn near perfect football for 4 quarters. That's not the standard for Kubiak's team, though, so I have my doubts it can happen on the road vs. the Patriots.

IF the Texans win, because let's face it...it's possible, it will be HUGE. We'll either be playing Peyton Manning in Denver or we'll be hosting the Ravens, which would just be e-p-i-c IMO.

Tailgate 01-07-2013 10:14 AM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 2099962)
Cautiously optimistic. That's my attitude.

We bring our A+ game, the Patriots commit some mistakes (and we don't), then we stand a chance.

But the Texans will have to play damn near perfect football for 4 quarters. That's not the standard for Kubiak's team, though, so I have my doubts it can happen on the road vs. the Patriots.

IF the Texans win, because let's face it...it's possible, it will be HUGE. We'll either be playing Peyton Manning in Denver or we'll be hosting the Ravens, which would just be e-p-i-c IMO.

Just watch the Ravens upset the Broncos on Sat.... Setting up a chance to get homefield again. Lol... AND THENNN....

Hervoyel 01-07-2013 10:14 AM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
It's true, whether you're in the "ready to crown them" club or the "burn Gary and Matt at the stake" mob it's that time of the week when you start thinking about the possibilities. One win and it's all better. Really. I mean that.

We've all heard that tired cliche about having nothing to lose and that fact making someone "a very dangerous man". Well what do the Texans even have to lose this week? I mean, if they go up to New England and get their collective asses beat by, I dunno say "42-14" What does that matter? That already happened so big friggin deal. What's the worst that can happen? At this point it's just a matter of going up there, relaxing, and taking your best shot.

A loss and everyone moves on. We come back at this problem again next year.

A win however, well that's uncharted territory. That's back on track time.

A Texans win combined with an equally unlikely Ravens win in Denver puts the AFC Championship game back in Houston. Sure it's a ridiculous scenario. Most likely impossible but what the hell. If you're gonna dream, dream big.

New England in January. Nobody wanted it but here it is. I don't know how much pressure there can possibly be on the Texans at this point so maybe this will work. They don't respond to pressure so how about zero expectation of success and a national media that thinks they're a punchline? They might just respond to that.

ajohnson80 01-07-2013 10:14 AM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
I don't expect he Pats to make many mistakes. We need to get hits on Brady early and often, and Wade has to dial up some different coverages besides straight up man. Schaub needs to figure out how to throw a td again, and the offense can't turn it over. If all those things happen then call me crazy but I think we win. :fans:

Big Lou 01-07-2013 10:15 AM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 2099962)
Cautiously optimistic. That's my attitude.

We bring our A+ game, the Patriots commit some mistakes (and we don't), then we stand a chance.

But the Texans will have to play damn near perfect football for 4 quarters. That's not the standard for Kubiak's team, though, so I have my doubts it can happen on the road vs. the Patriots.

IF the Texans win, because let's face it...it's possible, it will be HUGE. We'll either be playing Peyton Manning in Denver or we'll be hosting the Ravens, which would just be e-p-i-c IMO.

Thats my phrase of the week. That and tempered enthusiasm.

Speedy 01-07-2013 10:47 AM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
Just an FYI, in 2010, the Jets went to Foxboro in early December for Monday Night Football and got embarrassed 45-3. The Jets then went back to Foxboro in the division round, off a Pats bye, and beat them 28-21. And that was with Buttfumble at QB.

Anything can happen in this league.

TexanSam 01-07-2013 10:50 AM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
The weather isn't going to be miserable either, so that's a positive. In fact, according to the forecast the weather in Houston and Foxborough is going to be about the same. High 40s with a chance of rain on Sunday.

2012Champs 01-07-2013 10:55 AM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
The line is -9.5/-9 I actually think it will come down by gameday but we will see. Maybe being the underdog is better for this team than giving up points though. We lost our last 3 games of the seaons and there were sour notes all around but Saturday a number of things looked better than they had in some time. The D didnt give up a damn thing to speak of, no 3rd down conversions, the O line held up well, foster go into it. People having been crying too much inmo. Schaub threw the pick 6 which was bad but they guy is throwing 0.75 picks per game so lets hope he stays away from that in NE. Outside of that I have no problem with his performance, no deep balls but I dont see a reason to try to throw deep if its not there. We moved the ball well and just stalled as we always do in the red zone as this has been a problem for years. Lets build off of the fixes we made in this last game and move forward.

Hardcore Texan 01-07-2013 10:57 AM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
Schaub needs to take what the defense gives him. Last game there was plenty of yardage in chunks underneath and Schaub was trying to hit the big play I guess doing his best Tom Brady impression, I don't know. But if they can chew a lot of clock, have good red zone efficiency, and make a few key stops on defense it could be a close game.

2012Champs 01-07-2013 11:00 AM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012Champs (Post 2099997)
The line is -9.5/-9 I actually think it will come down by gameday but we will see. Maybe being the underdog is better for this team than giving up points though. We lost our last 3 games of the seaons and there were sour notes all around but Saturday a number of things looked better than they had in some time. The D didnt give up a damn thing to speak of, no 3rd down conversions, the O line held up well, foster go into it. People having been crying too much inmo. Schaub threw the pick 6 which was bad but they guy is throwing 0.75 picks per game so lets hope he stays away from that in NE. Outside of that I have no problem with his performance, no deep balls but I dont see a reason to try to throw deep if its not there. We moved the ball well and just stalled as we always do in the red zone as this has been a problem for years. Lets build off of the fixes we made in this last game and move forward.


Also of note looking at the last 3 games

82/142 57% completion 5 TD 4 Ints


Tom hasnt exactly been killing it. Its not impossible for him to struggle although I wouldnt plan on that

2012Champs 01-07-2013 11:01 AM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan (Post 2099999)
Schaub needs to take what the defense gives him. Last game there was plenty of yardage in chunks underneath and Schaub was trying to hit the big play I guess doing his best Tom Brady impression, I don't know. But if they can chew a lot of clock, have good red zone efficiency, and make a few key stops on defense it could be a close game.




are you talking about the game Sat?

thunderkyss 01-07-2013 11:52 AM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 2099954)
Slowly but surely my mojo is starting to come back... I havent truly had it since the week leading up to the NE game weeks ago.

If your excitement is so frail, why is it so hard to understand the ebb & flow of the teams "excitement" & "inspiration"?

CloakNNNdagger 01-07-2013 12:01 PM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 2099962)
Cautiously optimistic. That's my attitude.

We bring our A+ game, the Patriots commit some mistakes (and we don't), then we stand a chance.

But the Texans will have to play damn near perfect football for 4 quarters. That's not the standard for Kubiak's team, though, so I have my doubts it can happen on the road vs. the Patriots.

IF the Texans win, because let's face it...it's possible, it will be HUGE. We'll either be playing Peyton Manning in Denver or we'll be hosting the Ravens, which would just be e-p-i-c IMO.

Under the circumstances, "Cautiously optimistic" is an excellent attitude to carry into this game. I share that with you. Rep coming your way.

deucetx 01-07-2013 12:03 PM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012Champs (Post 2100003)
are you talking about the game Sat?

Naw I think he's talking about when we played the Patriots last time and Schaub threw deep to Walter in the endzone who was covered pretty well. Meanwhile Arian Foster was open underneath with the entire field available in front of him.

Double Barrel 01-07-2013 12:12 PM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy (Post 2099992)
Just an FYI, in 2010, the Jets went to Foxboro in early December for Monday Night Football and got embarrassed 45-3. The Jets then went back to Foxboro in the division round, off a Pats bye, and beat them 28-21. And that was with Buttfumble at QB.

Anything can happen in this league.

Awesome. I was just looking up that season to post the same thing.

We are certainly underdogs, but they still have to play the game. Otherwise, why would we watch it?

It would be a crazy upset, but it's not impossible. Improbable, yes. But definitely not impossible.

Playoffs 01-07-2013 12:13 PM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
Keeping it at a simmer for now. Don't want to lose your juice before the game.

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/smiley/...%20popcorn.gif

Tailgate 01-07-2013 12:32 PM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2100026)
If your excitement is so frail, why is it so hard to understand the ebb & flow of the teams "excitement" & "inspiration"?

Not sure what you mean?

Hardcore Texan 01-07-2013 12:37 PM

Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012Champs (Post 2100003)
are you talking about the game Sat?



Quote:

Originally Posted by deucetx (Post 2100038)
Naw I think he's talking about when we played the Patriots last time and Schaub threw deep to Walter in the endzone who was covered pretty well. Meanwhile Arian Foster was open underneath with the entire field available in front of him.


What Deuce said. That play especially sticks out in my mind, there were a couple more as well, all early on and long before the score got out of hand.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger