Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Why? - OL rotation and Keo (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97608)

Uncle Rico 01-06-2013 01:27 PM

Why? - OL rotation and Keo

Why is the right side of the offensive line still splitting time? I dont understand how the line will build continuity when they are coming in and out of the game. Brooks had a stupid ass holding penalty inside the 10 that killed what should have been an easy TD. I really hope they don't employ this philosophy next week, and I would be thrilled if somebody would ask Gary this directly at the presser today or tomorrow.

Why was/is/will Shiloh Keo be involved in the secondary rotation allowing him to kill us in coverage? I heard Mayock insinuate something that Keo was getting significant playing time due to some kind of disciplinary action on Demps? Can anyone verify this? You would think that Gary would be a little more creative with his discipline come playoff time instead of throwing a guy out there who could potentially cost this team a victory.

TheIronDuke 01-06-2013 01:31 PM

Re: Why?

Did you see those 2 long TD passes to TY Hilton by Luck? Those were both all over Demps. I was hoping Pleasant would be getting some PT personally.

Playoffs 01-06-2013 01:32 PM

1) Because it takes 2 Guards & 2 Tackles from the current roster to replace Brisiel & Winston. (Mostly Winston.)

2) Demps is in Wade's doghouse.

HJam72 01-06-2013 01:39 PM

These coaches need to stop building doghouses.

JCTexan 01-06-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72 (Post 2099300)
These coaches need to stop building doghouses.

Demps gave up some huge plays. Keo, outside of that one PI call, seemed to do a good job in coverage against the Bengals. I was just fine with Houston not giving up 70 yard bombs yesterday.

GlassHalfFull 01-06-2013 02:01 PM

Why do people start threads with non descriptive titles?

Uncle Rico 01-06-2013 02:03 PM

why do people need descriptive thread titles? Too hard to run your cursor over the title and get the gist of what OP had in mind?

Uncle Rico 01-06-2013 02:05 PM

i can understand demps getting burnt, but for the most part this year he's been solid, and i would guess he's just overall a better player than shiloh keo.

gotta dance with who brung ya, no?

JCTexan 01-06-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Rico (Post 2099323)
i can understand demps getting burnt, but for the most part this year he's been solid, and i would guess he's just overall a better player than shiloh keo.

If the person "who brung ya" is giving up huge plays and your team is in a losing streak? No.

Norg 01-06-2013 02:12 PM

Why so many doghouses What are we running a kennel here ????? LOL

Uncle Rico 01-06-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 2099326)
If the person "who brung ya" is giving up huge plays and your team is in a losing streak? No.

correct, i agree. luckily for us, fans the team won yesterday. my concern stems from the passing attack we will be seeing out there next week, and brady WILL find where Keo is on the field and expose him. I'd rather have a superior athlete out there, I feel he would give us a better chance.

IDEXAN 01-06-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Rico (Post 2099295)
Why is the right side of the offensive line still splitting time? I dont understand how the line will build continuity when they are coming in and out of the game.

I think that's a valid question. I mean unless there's a fatigue issue with the starter, why sub him because if he's the starter that means he's atleast as good as anybody else on the roster at his position.
And on another potential "doghouse" subject, anybody know who that was who got us the offside penalty on the KO ?

infantrycak 01-06-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Rico (Post 2099320)
why do people need descriptive thread titles? Too hard to run your cursor over the title and get the gist of what OP had in mind?

Just be polite and not so freaking lazy so people can see what the thread is about.

Jules Winnfield 01-06-2013 03:09 PM

Re: Why? - OL rotation and Keo

the oline being rotated is giving away what plays we are running.

Kubiak favors certain linemen for either running or passing plays and its showing defenses what play is coming hence the predictability concern the offense is showing.

If i can see it,

trust me, the greatest coach of all time is seeing it.

Uncle Rico 01-06-2013 03:35 PM

I dont know why I feel like I live in China right now, but i do. :shrug:

thunderkyss 01-06-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Rico (Post 2099323)

We wouldn't have been playing this weekend if Demps was doing his job. Well, our chances would have been better anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield (Post 2099391)
the oline being rotated is giving away what plays we are running.

Kubiak favors certain linemen for either running or passing plays and its showing defenses what play is coming hence the predictability concern the offense is showing.

If i can see it,

trust me, the greatest coach of all time is seeing it.

You do know they are rotated by series right? The guy who starts the series plays all the way through. They don't change them out between downs...... say if we want to run to the right we'll put Brooks in. That's not the way it goes.

If Brooks & Harris is playing, Brooks & Harris will play until the offense scores or fails to convert a third down.

RTP2110 01-06-2013 03:41 PM

I'm not much of a Keo fan. Didn't we bring back Troy Nolan recently? I'd like to see him out there before Keo. Unless, he was released again.

Austrian 01-06-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTP2110 (Post 2099432)
I'm not much of a Keo fan. Didn't we bring back Troy Nolan recently? I'd like to see him out there before Keo. Unless, he was released again.

He was released a few weeks ago.

infantrycak 01-06-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2099431)
You do know they are rotated by series right? The guy who starts the series plays all the way through. They don't change them out between downs...... say if we want to run to the right we'll put Brooks in. That's not the way it goes.

Jules is running around posting out his posterior as if he is super coach.

It's real popular when people aren't happy to start claiming they know every play and know every problem.

Lucky 01-06-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Rico (Post 2099426)
I dont know why I feel like I live in China right now, but i do. :shrug:

Yes, you are so persecuted. Thread topics in the title help elevate redundant threads.