Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   What has happened with Tate? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97587)

Mr teX 01-05-2013 10:54 PM

What has happened with Tate?

Dude 's been healthy for weeks but kubiak has been giving him limited touches and even when he does get his touches, he's looked bad. I'm talking missing holes and cutback lanes, not able to turn the corner like he did last year...he just looks awful.

TexansBull 01-06-2013 12:04 AM

Re: What has happened with Tate?

I have been wondering the same thing? Is it because he cannot get into rythm because he doesn't get enough carries?

Can we get a 2nd round pick for him? What a about a first?

legacy_gt 01-06-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansBull (Post 2098867)
I have been wondering the same thing? Is it because he cannot get into rythm because he doesn't get enough carries?

no one will take him that high...myabe 3rd or 4th

TexanSam 01-06-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansBull (Post 2098867)

I don't think we would get anything better than a 5th round pick for him. He's been hurt two out of three years and any trade value he had has plunged this season.

EllisUnit 01-06-2013 12:07 AM

Hmmm i think they are not playing him much so he is cheaper to resign maybe ???

I dunno really i think its cause he got hurt and then we started to struggle and Kubiak problably is more confident in Foster to make game changing plays that tate.

Texecutioner 01-06-2013 12:22 AM

Resign him. The guy can play. Don't know what is happening as of lately. Maybe he has lost confidence, but I haven't seen him look as bad as others.

I hate the way that Kubiak has ran Foster this season though. We had Forsett healthy for most of the season and he's a good change of pace back. Foster is going to be done after two more seasons possibly. I think we need to go towards a committee approach more next season.

76Texan 01-06-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr teX (Post 2098773)
Dude 's been healthy for weeks but kubiak has been giving him limited touches and even when he does get his touches, he's looked bad. I'm talking missing holes and cutback lanes, not able to turn the corner like he did last year...he just looks awful.

He went Vegan! :hides:

MEGA SWATT 01-06-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2098901)
He went Vegan! :hides:

:ant:

HJam72 01-06-2013 07:57 AM

Is he really missing lanes, or is he just not superhuman Foster? I saw Foster makes some pretty ridiculous moves to finally find a lane by pretty much pulling it outta his @$$ yesterday. Tate is good, but he just can't move like THAT. I don't really think the run-blocking was THAT great yesterday. It was good, but not great on the left side, and, IMO, sub-par on the right side.

Granted, that is some kinda D-Line we had to run against...

Lucky 01-06-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 2098890)
Resign him.

Tate is signed through 2013.

Whether it's injuries or whatever, Tate has sucked this season. He never showed the explosiveness from 2011. Plus, Tate doesn't give you anything as a receiver or a blocker. If Tate turns it around in 2013, I doubt the Texans could afford to keep him. If he doesn't, why bother re-signing him? Next year will likely be Tate's last as a Texan either way.

playa465 01-06-2013 09:05 AM

I think Tate needs more carries to get into the flow of the game. Coming in for 1 play every 8 or 9 plays (guessing) is not going to do it.

Lucky 01-06-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playa465 (Post 2099027)
I think Tate needs more carries to get into the flow of the game. Coming in for 1 play every 8 or 9 plays (guessing) is not going to do it.

What has he done to deserve more playing time? Bringing Tate in keys the defense that a run is likely coming, as he is a poor receiver and blocker. If Tate is not kicking ass as a runner (and he's not), then the only reason he should come in is to give Foster a breather.

Mr teX 01-06-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72 (Post 2098978)
Is he really missing lanes, or is he just not superhuman Foster? I saw Foster makes some pretty ridiculous moves to finally find a lane by pretty much pulling it outta his @$$ yesterday. Tate is good, but he just can't move like THAT. I don't really think the run-blocking was THAT great yesterday. It was good, but not great on the left side, and, IMO, sub-par on the right side.

Granted, that is some kinda D-Line we had to run against...

No he's missing lanes...his vision is just terrible...

HJam72 01-06-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr teX (Post 2099041)

Alright, well maybe I'll see it when I rewatch the game tomorrow or something. That happens sometimes.

Playoffs 01-06-2013 11:31 AM

Tate has not had enough touches to get with the program, and this O-Line is making it a little harder on our RBs than last year's line. Last year's line played better as a unit -- T/G unit, G/C unit.

gafftop 01-06-2013 11:44 AM

Just kind of reminds me of a runaway bull, no vision what so ever.
Better question may be what happened to Forsett. I think he has done better this year than Tate.

powda 01-06-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr teX (Post 2099041)

His vision isn't nearly as good as fosters...no ones is. But this season the holes are smaller and evaporate faster. Foster can compensate for it way better because of his vision. I love that tate runs angry, it's fun to watch. He's not nearly as explosive as we've seen in the past. Our line isnt getting to the second level and forcing defensive backs to make plays against the run....and tate eats defensive backs for lunch...or did.

JCTexan 01-06-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gafftop (Post 2099188)
Just kind of reminds me of a runaway bull, no vision what so ever.
Better question may be what happened to Forsett. I think he has done better this year than Tate.

Easy. He's been relegated to third string with Tate back. Forsett didn't get one carry against the Bengals, Tate only got two.

gafftop 01-06-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 2099195)
Easy. He's been relegated to third string with Tate back. Forsett didn't get one carry against the Bengals, Tate only got two.

I know he is 3rd string but I think Forsett would be more effective than Tate under the circumstances.

playa465 01-06-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 2099034)
What has he done to deserve more playing time? Bringing Tate in keys the defense that a run is likely coming, as he is a poor receiver and blocker. If Tate is not kicking ass as a runner (and he's not), then the only reason he should come in is to give Foster a breather.

Some RBs need more than a carry to get going. If he gets 2yds on his first carry doesn't mean he wouldn't be effective over a series.