Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   JJ Watt on NFL Network after win (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97580)

TexansBull 01-05-2013 10:09 PM

JJ Watt on NFL Network after win

Gotta appreciate him.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...2-9f8a0957273c

Big Lou 01-05-2013 10:20 PM

Re: JJ Watt on NFL Network after win

Apparently not in the beginning, did you see the pregame? Some folks boo'd him when he was drafted. Bet those guys fell like complete douches. Would love to know who they were.

A guy that if resigned could be the most beloved football player in Houston's history if he plays at his current level and stays remotely humble, even surpassing Earl, and AJ possibly, and the guy was boo'd.

Does anybody know if it happened at some kind of Texans official draft function, or in NY?

76Texan 01-05-2013 10:27 PM

Love it!

SheTexan 01-05-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lou (Post 2098681)
Apparently not in the beginning, did you see the pregame? Some folks boo'd him when he was drafted. Bet those guys fell like complete douches. Would love to know who they were.

A guy that if resigned could be the most beloved football player in Houston's history if he plays at his current level and stays remotely humble, even surpassing Earl, and AJ possibly, and the guy was boo'd.

Does anybody know if it happened at some kind of Texans official draft function, or in NY?

I don't know about NY, but, it happened at the draft party here in Houston. Of course, JJ wasn't here, but, he heard about it. I was ticked off simply because I just didn't see the reason for booing someone we knew very little about. But, just like we see on this board, there are a ton of fans who think they are smarter than the pros who get paid millions to do a job. Just the way it is.

thunderkyss 01-05-2013 11:02 PM

I don't know about you. But when a guy like Deon says, "You're the best defensive player in the game."

That's saying a lot.

TexanSam 01-05-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

I don't know why anyone boo draft picks. They haven't even played a down in the NFL! It's crazy.

And I don't think there's any chance the Texans won't re-sign Watt.

TexansBull 01-05-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

The guy is a class act. I think after he picks up his check from the jersey sells he won't care about some idiot fans in the beginning. He knows those were the same ones that are still pissed over the Vince Young thing...

Pro Athletes know half of us fans are idiots, the other half are fair weather fans, and the other half die hard homer fans.

Him know we ain't dat smert.

powda 01-05-2013 11:17 PM

It was the texans draft party. Watt was unexpected. Thats when everyone found out mario would be playing olb. Texans dont tip their hand on drafts so...yeah...it was a surprise. It caught me off guard. I thought he'd be solid overall and a good run defender. Who would have guessed this much pass rush production? Not even wade.

If he uses the boo's as motivation to play better, cool. If he takes the boo's personal, like mario, and never gets over it...that sucks.