Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Earl Campbell: Team Captain for Saturday's game (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97473)

gwallaia 01-02-2013 06:11 PM

Earl Campbell: Team Captain for Saturday's game

My email from the Texans states that Earl Campbell will be on the field as Team Captain Saturday. Get ready for a HUGE standing ovation for the greatest Oiler ever.

TEXANRED 01-02-2013 06:12 PM

Re: Earl Campbell: Team Captain for Saturday's game

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia (Post 2095195)
My email from the Texans states that Earl Campbell will be on the field as Team Captain Saturday. Get ready for a HUGE standing ovation for the greatest Oiler ever.

Well played Mr. McNair. Well played.

Kthx 01-02-2013 06:33 PM

And instead of regular hotdogs they will be serving Earl Campbell's Hot Link Dogs.. a man can only dream.

GP 01-02-2013 06:48 PM

Well that's too bad for Earl.

I hate to see him involved with this fecal movement called Texans "football" we're witnessing right now.

I wish he'd drill Gary in the chest. That's a bit harsh, I take that back. If I was going to say how I really feel, I'd say that. But I can't. So I won't say it.

Rey 01-02-2013 06:54 PM

I can't help but get more fanatic as gameday approaches. Normally I'd still be spewing venom right now, but this is a play-off game. If we don't win this it'll be our last game this season.

Time to put positive energy out into the atmosphere. Hopefully Earl being gets the stadium even more energized and we feed off that and come out like hell on wheels.

rush2112mn 01-02-2013 06:56 PM

Man......that is awesome.
I think it is a great idea to bring him out before the game as honorary team captain. Great choice.
He should get a long standing ovation if you ask me. The grit and determination he played with ....you dont see that anymore.
The NBC Sports special they did on him awhile back sure brought back memories.

Big Lou 01-02-2013 08:24 PM

He could probably pick up more ypc than our guys now. Although thats not a fair statement since its really the OL.

Think Earl could block?

Thats kind of a mixed emotion deal bring Earl out. I love me some Earl, but during this slump its kinda sad in a way to do that to him.

Who knows maybe it will pump the team up some.

Playoffs 01-02-2013 08:46 PM

A really fun-loving and extremely positive guy who makes lemons out of lemonade every day. Will be great to honor him on the field.

Texan_Bill 01-02-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Although a 'sip, he gets my love!!!!... As an Oiler! ;)

Hookem Horns 01-02-2013 09:21 PM

It's really about time that this team really do more to connect with the history of the NFL in Houston and it's long time fans. It was great seeing Bum come out on the field before the playoff game last season. Seeing Earl will only be bigger.

Earl is also a Texans and an Arian Foster fan.

It's too bad the team is tanking and circling the drain though. This really could have been special season however chances are it's going to be remembered as the season of monumental collapse (unless a miracle happens and they turn it back on which rarely happens).

I would say something like I wish Earl would walk over there and kick Kubiak in the nuts however in the last few weeks Kubiak has demonstrated that he has nothing there to kick.

I just hope the team at least shows up for having Earl on the sidelines.

76Texan 01-02-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 2095319)
It's really about time that this team really do more to connect with the history of the NFL in Houston and it's long time fans. It was great seeing Bum come out on the field before the playoff game last season. Seeing Earl will only be bigger.

Earl is also a Texans and an Arian Foster fan.

It's too bad the team is tanking and circling the drain though. This really could have been special season however chances are it's going to be remembered as the season of monumental collapse (unless a miracle happens and they turn it back on which rarely happens).

Like GP was saying, I would say something like I wish Earl would walk over there and kick Kubiak in the nuts however in the last few weeks Kubiak has demonstrated that he has nothing there to kick.

I just hope the team at least shows up for having Earl on the sidelines.

Right, my team won a total of 3 games my last two years with the Oilers, and I'm going to go over there and kick the hell out of your family jewelry box. :)=P

JimBaker488 01-02-2013 09:40 PM

Earl can't help them once the game starts, they are on their own then.

HJam72 01-03-2013 07:26 AM

Obviously, this will inspire many, but it sure ought to have a profoundly positive effect on a couple of Texans RBs.

Goatcheese 01-03-2013 07:59 AM

It's always great to see a Houston football legend participating with this young franchise. It helps add history that they lack.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1225465_o.gif

I could just watch that all day. Ah, the good old days. When men were men, and your helmet was an officially sanctioned weapon of mass destruction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 2095227)
stuff

Do you really have to crap in every thread?

amazing80 01-03-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhouston (Post 2095440)
That's horrible.

That would be like me saying I wish lis-franc injuries were career ending. Also something I cant say so I wont.

Yup I agree, based on posts I read from GP he seems very immature, par for course

76Texan 01-03-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amazing80 (Post 2095502)
Yup I agree, based on posts I read from GP he seems very immature, par for course

Oooohhh! :bomb::goodluck:

I need that popcorn emoticon. :smiliedance:

CloakNNNdagger 01-03-2013 10:48 AM

Earl is an icon, not only in this city, but in the history of the NFL. I just hope that he is not being used like another cheap letter man jacket gimmick. Most of us would cherish seeing him out there, even without a playoff game. I would hope that the Texans bring home a win to bring honor to his appearance.

SheTexan 01-03-2013 01:28 PM

I'll be sure to bring along a box of kleenex!! I truly get that emotional when I see Earl!! Oh the memories!! I can always use what's left to wipe away the tears after the game is over! HOPEFULLY, tears of joy!!

Honoring Earl 34 01-03-2013 01:58 PM

While I'm for anything Earl gets , it does seem like Bob pulled out the Drayton playbook .

bo orlando 01-03-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Get ready for a HUGE standing ovation for the greatest Oiler ever.

Wait, Bruce Matthews is going to be there too?