Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   What will it take to make you feel better about this team? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97457)

arb729 01-02-2013 02:18 PM

What will it take to make you feel better about this team?

I, like most of you, do not feel great about this team right now. But what would it take on Saturday to change those feelings?

Would you prefer this team win in a huge blowout Saturday (like the Baltimore game), or a gritty,solid performance that shows they still have their manhood (think Chicago game)? What about individual performances?

Edit: the games Saturday. Thanks for the reminder Shark.

Vinny 01-02-2013 02:19 PM

Re: What will it take to make you feel better about this team?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arb729 (Post 2094961)

winning a game when something important is on the line.

ThaShark316 01-02-2013 02:19 PM

Saturday, but I knew what you meant.

Anyway, give me the Ravens win and the Bears win the next 2 weeks before the game back here in Reliant vs. Baltimore...(SPOILER ALERT!)

jaayteetx 01-02-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaShark316 (Post 2094963)
Saturday, but I knew what you meant.

Anyway, give me the Ravens win and the Bears win the next 2 weeks before the game back here in Reliant vs. Baltimore...(SPOILER ALERT!)

Bears?

ThaShark316 01-02-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaayteetx (Post 2094965)
Bears?

The OP said wins like the Ravens game and the Bears game...

I'm saying I'll take wins over Cincy and NE that would be equal to those 2 games...

Rey 01-02-2013 02:23 PM

Coming out and playing good football would be a start

jaayteetx 01-02-2013 02:23 PM

To borrow from a once great franchise, "Just win baby".

Mr teX 01-02-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 2094962)
winning a game when something important is on the line.

This...meet the damn challenge for once.

Tailgate 01-02-2013 02:26 PM

2 wins in the playoffs... AT LEAST one heck of a fight in the second round. But then I would be so upset cuz "we could of had em at home" type thinking.

Double Barrel 01-02-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Win.

MistaRed 01-02-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 2094981)
Win.

Just that simple.

eriadoc 01-02-2013 02:43 PM

A win won't do it for me. I predicted a first round win after the Pats game. While I admittedly feel worse about the team than I did even then, I have the same reasoning for demanding more than a win in order to feel good about this team. I want a win where the team comes out and establishes the running game at a good clip (4+ YPC). I want a win where the QB doesn't come out sleepwalking and wearing concrete cleats. I want a win where the defense doesn't surrender a high percentage of 3rd down conversions like they have been. I want a win where the team converts in the red zone instead of driving for FGs.

In short, I want a win that will make me believe they have a chance against the Patriots.

Perki-Perk 01-02-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 2094992)
In short, I want a win that will make me believe they have a chance against the Patriots.

I hope that's not too much to ask. For OUR sake as fans.

Vinny 01-02-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arb729 (Post 2094961)

coming out of the tunnel in HS Letterman jackets while riding segways?

DX-TEX 01-02-2013 02:58 PM

Complete and utter domination. Im talking a 55-3 shellacking. An ass beating so hard their grandkids will feel it. Complete curb stomping of Dalton that makes him consider early retirement. bengals defensive almost in tears with looks of complete shock.

Runner 01-02-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 2095002)
coming out of the tunnel in HS Letterman jackets while riding segways?

Don't be silly. Those jackets won't fit over the shoulder pads.

Double Barrel 01-02-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 2094992)
A win won't do it for me. I predicted a first round win after the Pats game. While I admittedly feel worse about the team than I did even then, I have the same reasoning for demanding more than a win in order to feel good about this team. I want a win where the team comes out and establishes the running game at a good clip (4+ YPC). I want a win where the QB doesn't come out sleepwalking and wearing concrete cleats. I want a win where the defense doesn't surrender a high percentage of 3rd down conversions like they have been. I want a win where the team converts in the red zone instead of driving for FGs.

While I certainly agree with everything you said, I thought the question was simple:

"What will it take to make you feel better about this team?"

That's somewhat of a loaded question, because when you're at the bottom, even a foot higher looks "up".

Obviously, your post coming true would make me feel great about the team, not just 'better'.

But I do not expect dominance. They haven't dominated anyone this season, including 2 win teams like the Jags. I'd be shocked if they could dominate a hot-streak team like the Bengals. I'd be a little surprise if the slumping Texans could just manage a win on Saturday.

Seņor Stan 01-02-2013 03:04 PM

No margin of victory against the Bengals will have me feeling any better. The Ginger Ninja is not in the Brady/Manning/Rodgers/Brees class.

A victory against the Patriots will be the only thing that would make me fell better about this season.

Vinny 01-02-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner (Post 2095009)
Don't be silly. Those jackets won't fit over the shoulder pads.

Bengals are pumping in Bulls on Parade when they practice. I'm looking for letter jackets next

https://twitter.com/IsraeliAndres/st...65758685806592

deucetx 01-02-2013 03:05 PM

Winning cures everything is a common saying and correct.

Though for me there is one other way. Show me that hunger of a team that never won again. The team that when the chips were down fought like an underdog and left it all on the field. I haven't seen that in weeks and it is what I miss. I have seen a team going through the motions and as soon as something doesn't work 'Oh well, here we go again' seems to be the look on their faces especially the offense. Play with some passion, some fire and hunger again.

Tired of seeing my quarterback dejected like someone stole his puppy. Tired of seeing offensive linemen standing and watching when the quarterback is sacked or running back stopped for a loss. Tired of seeing my running back falling from arm tackles (if he doesn't just slip on his own). Tired of seeing safeties with the look of 'Duh' as a pass goes over their head and so on and so on.

Bring back that passion and hunger we saw before the winning came this year and I will feel better.