Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   We will have a great playoff!! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97406)

Atl Cav 12-31-2012 12:47 PM

We will have a great playoff!!
 
I think the team is better off playing a team they can handle on Saturday, as opposed to sitting on their posteriors awaiting New England or Denver.
I like playing Denver first, as we know we can beat them.
I am an optimist, to be sure, but if everyone shows up for the next three weeks we can end up in the Super Bowl!!!!

thunderkyss 12-31-2012 12:50 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atl Cav (Post 2093754)
I think the team is better off playing a team they can handle on Saturday...

I'd love to hear your take on why the Cincinnati Bengals are a team we can handle. They have the fiercest pass rush in the league. If anybody could stop our run game, I would have said it was them.... little did I know New England could & Minnesota could.

But the Bengals D is no joke. They will stump our OL & harrass Matt all day. Andre will have hell getting open.

If we win this game, Kubiak will have to coach a better game than he ever has in his whole career.

What are the odds?

Dishman 12-31-2012 12:51 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
WTF?:headhurts:

mridge01 12-31-2012 12:59 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atl Cav (Post 2093754)
I think the team is better off playing a team they can handle on Saturday, as opposed to sitting on their posteriors awaiting New England or Denver.
I like playing Denver first, as we know we can beat them.
I am an optimist, to be sure, but if everyone shows up for the next three weeks we can end up in the Super Bowl!!!!

Why is this so hard to understand? If the Texans win they are going to Foxboro.

HTown2ATX 12-31-2012 01:03 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
The Bengals have the next best thing to JJ Watt on their D line and their D line is nasty!! Their D altogether is good and their offense is only getting better. Let's face it, we made Ponder look like Joe Montana.....Dalton > Ponder so this could get ugly.

Also, we would be going to play the Pats next IF we beat Cincy but either way....NE or DEN right now would prison **** the Texans like the little lambs to the slaughter they are.

Atl Cav 12-31-2012 01:08 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2093758)
I'd love to hear your take on why the Cincinnati Bengals are a team we can handle. They have the fiercest pass rush in the league. If anybody could stop our run game, I would have said it was them.... little did I know New England could & Minnesota could.

But the Bengals D is no joke. They will stump our OL & harrass Matt all day. Andre will have hell getting open.

If we win this game, Kubiak will have to coach a better game than he ever has in his whole career.

What are the odds?

Good points, Fiddler...but I have been watching a team that looked too afraid fo its own shadow. I think we will see a team come out with more of a devil may care attitude. I think they will perform better with a chip on their shoulder.

Carr Bombed 12-31-2012 01:09 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HTown2ATX (Post 2093780)

Also, we would be going to play the Pats next IF we beat Cincy but either way....NE or DEN right now would prison **** the Texans

Reminds me of American History X, I wonder how many stiches the Texans are gonna need?

Atl Cav 12-31-2012 01:10 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mridge01 (Post 2093772)
Why is this so hard to understand? If the Texans win they are going to Foxboro.

Sorry. My mistake.

Double Barrel 12-31-2012 01:10 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
The Texans have shown that they are not a team determined to win, even when spotted two games and a very great motiving reason.

Now they've got tails-between-the-legs syndrome and have to face a Bengals team who is playing hot and will be screaming for vengeance.

I just hope the Texans go down swinging instead of giving us milquetoast performances like they've been trending for weeks now. It's embarassing.

Tailgate 12-31-2012 01:16 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
Face it... WE COMPLETELY BLEW IT! I still cannot believe that this happened.

thunderkyss 12-31-2012 01:35 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atl Cav (Post 2093790)
Good points, Fiddler...but I have been watching a team that looked too afraid fo its own shadow. I think we will see a team come out with more of a devil may care attitude. I think they will perform better with a chip on their shoulder.

I hope you're talking about the Texans with the devil may care attitude.

I can see that happening. I think that's the approach Kubiak told the guys to play with in Baltimore last season. Which led to Tj throwing three picks & the infamous Jj muff.

But the Bengals are more like the Texans. Stout defense & ball control offense with big play ability. I think Kubiak will stick with his offense & try to beat the Bengals at their own game.... which is our game.

I also don't feel good about Kubiak deciding to open up the offense in the play offs. If that's who we've been trying to be all season, I'd be all for it. But to try to flip the switch & go from Gary-ball to techmo bowl.... I think it will get real ugly just like it did in Baltimore.

Thorn 12-31-2012 01:39 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
Texans should beat the Bengals. Should. Doesn't mean they will, just that they should. But given the current circumstances anyone thinking we'll win any games past this is high on kool-aid.

Trap_Star 12-31-2012 01:39 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
F that shit, at this point I just hope and pray watt doesn't tear anything.

michaelm 12-31-2012 01:48 PM

Sorry, anybody who thinks the Texans will win on Saturday is not paying attention.

CloakNNNdagger 12-31-2012 01:49 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
Since unipedal-challenged Schaub is unable to quickly move to avoid the rush, anticipating Cincinnati's infamous rush, the coaching staff will be working with Schaub all week with 2 specific drills:


http://www.projectself.org/main/st/b...tage13_f01.gif

Perki-Perk 12-31-2012 01:50 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2093823)
Texans should beat the Bengals. Should. Doesn't mean they will, just that they should. But given the current circumstances anyone thinking we'll win any games past this is high on kool-aid.

And that Kool-aid has mold floating in it at this point. Time to whip up a new batch...

Hmm...new Kool-aid on Saturday? The only way I will have any confidence in my beloved Texans is if they come out and absolutely man handle the Bengals in a flawlessly executed game. We can not leave this game with a bunch of question marks or we might as well start looking at who will be available in the draft.

thunderkyss 12-31-2012 01:52 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2093823)
Texans should beat the Bengals. Should. Doesn't mean they will, just that they should. But given the current circumstances anyone thinking we'll win any games past this is high on kool-aid.

Why do we think the Texans should beat the Bengals. The Bengals is a better, more balanced, rounded team than the Colts. If the Colts is the better team in the AFC South, the Bengals is definitely a better team in the AFC.

& I truly believe that. I believe the Bengals are playing better than the Texans now. For the Texans to win, they'll have to do something they haven't done in 9 weeks.

I don't know about you, but I'm down to hope. I've got nothing to make me believe the Texans are getting it together & will be able to put together enough good plays to get into the endzone 1 time, much less win the game.

If the Texans win Saturday, I will be pleasantly surprised. The wife & I will do our part. We'll be in Section 609 screaming like banshees & doing the wave. But it's all hope & a prayer now. I don't think we should beat the Bengals.

thunderkyss 12-31-2012 01:54 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Perki-Perk (Post 2093834)
And that Kool-aid has mold floating in it at this point. Time to whip up a new batch...

Hmm...new Kool-aid on Saturday? The only way I will have any confidence in my beloved Texans is if they come out and absolutely man handle the Bengals in a flawlessly executed game. We can not leave this game with a bunch of question marks or we might as well start looking at who will be available in the draft.

You're in trouble then. If the Texans win, it will not be by imposing our will on the Bengals. We're going to grind out a win if anything. Shane Graham will most likely lead the team in scoring.


Think about that.

Hervoyel 12-31-2012 01:58 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 2093794)
The Texans have shown that they are not a team determined to win, even when spotted two games and a very great motiving reason.

Now they've got tails-between-the-legs syndrome and have to face a Bengals team who is playing hot and will be screaming for vengeance.

I just hope the Texans go down swinging instead of giving us milquetoast performances like they've been trending for weeks now. It's embarassing.

I don't. I hope they go down sucking their thumbs and crying for momma. If they're going to screw the pooch they might as well finish the job and go down playing like the worthless losers they've become. A valiant effort in a no-holds-barred shootout will do nothing but reinforce the idea that the situation isn't all that bad. It is bad and I want that on display this weekend if a loss is in the cards. I want some Texans players walking off that field to the sound of a fanbase digging deep down in their gut to boo them if they can't beat the Bengals.

That gaudy regular season record over a variety of tomato-cans-and-also-rans might otherwise cloud the facts. Regular season record aside this year the Texans took a step back in the heart department along with a variety of statistical categories.

MEGA SWATT 12-31-2012 01:59 PM

Re: We will have a great playoff!!
 
I think each side has some points in their favor:

Houston is the home team
Cinci has late season momentum

these 2 cancel out.

It will be a close game. If Matt Schaub can stumble into a great pass in stride to AJ for a quick touch down instead of 3 and out or worse, a pick - this will pump up the defense and give them the extra will to fight.

Should they win, it's going to take a miracle to win the next game:fingergun:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger