Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Houston vs Chargers at home next year! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97392)

BufordTJustice 12-31-2012 01:04 AM

Houston vs Chargers at san diego next year!

I will try to keep this thread going until the time comes next season, but I just saw san diego's schedule for next year! The date is not set, but the team is...Houston Texans!

Why am I so excited, you ask? I LIVE IN SOUTHERN CAL! I haven't been home to Texas in some time now, so my Texans were only watched on TV. Now I can watch them again! I have posted other threads trying to find other Texans fans in southern cal, but no luck. So this one will be here until the game happens. If you live in the area or extended area, then reply here. Or even if you are making the trip, then reply here! I would love to meet other board members who are going to be making the trip or happen to find this site and thread. I'll post updates and such as they happen and ultimately try and get a pregame/postgame party going or even try and get all of our seats together. When the date comes, we will have to act fast (yes I know it's next year, but come on....I'm excited as hell!)

Here is the original site I found the teams that will play in san diego next season http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-13/20...l-schedule.php

If you know anyone who might be interested or if you want in on this, let me know! Hope to hear from your soon!

SheTexan 12-31-2012 05:25 PM

Re: Houston vs Chargers at home next year!

Well, since you live in Cali you should get a chance to see our Texans play more than once. We play SD, SF, and Seattle on the road next year, as well as KC, and the usual division rivals, and the Ravens. SD would be a cool trip, but, I'm planning on SF and Seattle for my roadies to the West!!

Mimayer1985 12-31-2012 06:44 PM

Yeah def goin to Seattle and San Fran depends on when the sd game is

TxDavid 01-01-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan (Post 2094008)
Well, since you live in Cali you should get a chance to see our Texans play more than once. We play SD, SF, and Seattle on the road next year, as well as KC, and the usual division rivals, and the Ravens. SD would be a cool trip, but, I'm planning on SF and Seattle for my roadies to the West!!

Seattle will be at Reliant.

HOME: Denver, Oakland, New England, St. Louis, Seattle

AWAY: Kansas City, San Diego, Baltimore, Arizona, San Francisco

SheTexan 01-01-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDavid (Post 2094456)
Seattle will be at Reliant.

HOME: Denver, Oakland, New England, St. Louis, Seattle

AWAY: Kansas City, San Diego, Baltimore, Arizona, San Francisco

I got my info off the HT website. I think Ariz and Seattle are backward. We play Seattle there, and Ariz here.

Mimayer1985 01-06-2013 12:52 PM

We won't know until schedule comes out. Some kind of crazy rule for west coast teams now

SheTexan 01-08-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimayer1985 (Post 2099257)
We won't know until schedule comes out. Some kind of crazy rule for west coast teams now

Yea, I just heard about that a couple days ago. I sure want to go to Seattle, but, probably not gonna happen. Oh well, there's no way I'm missing that SF game!!

TexanBacker93 01-13-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan (Post 2094484)
I got my info off the HT website. I think Ariz and Seattle are backward. We play Seattle there, and Ariz here.

This is correct. We played in Arizona last time. It was the game with the memorable Andre beast mode TD.

My original plan was to go to San Diego for a road trip after the trip to Denver this year. It will depend on the schedule, though.

rush2112mn 02-21-2013 07:32 PM

If they play at San Diego....I maybe going out there for that game.
I used to be in the USMC and graduated from San Diego and have wanted to go back and see the base again and other parts of San Diego I never saw.
And maybe head up to Las Vegas for a day or two after the game.....that would be fun......

texanmojo 02-26-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rush2112mn (Post 2128356)
If they play at San Diego....I maybe going out there for that game.
I used to be in the USMC and graduated from San Diego and have wanted to go back and see the base again and other parts of San Diego I never saw.
And maybe head up to Las Vegas for a day or two after the game.....that would be fun......

We already know who we are playing and where we are playing. That has been determined. The only thing missing at this time are the dates of the games.

JCTexan 03-01-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texanmojo (Post 2129884)
We already know who we are playing and where we are playing. That has been determined. The only thing missing at this time are the dates of the games.

And yet there is misinformation in this very thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan (Post 2094484)

There is a new rule that is changing the schedule a bit. Teams will not be traveling to both "West" teams on the schedule. For example: San Francisco is an away game, so therefore Seattle will be a Home game next year. The "non-west" teams in that division (St. Louis & Arizona) will be a home/away split. The same thing will apply to our AFC West opponents, Denver/KC will be a home/away split and Oakland/San Diego will be a home/away split.

TexansBlood 04-17-2013 10:23 AM

Schedule comes out tom, San Diego is the away game im planning to go this year.

Hopefully it will be the first month or 2 of the season and not during the holidays.

TexanBacker93 04-17-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 2130731)
And yet there is misinformation in this very thread.

There is a new rule that is changing the schedule a bit. Teams will not be traveling to both "West" teams on the schedule. For example: San Francisco is an away game, so therefore Seattle will be a Home game next year. The "non-west" teams in that division (St. Louis & Arizona) will be a home/away split. The same thing will apply to our AFC West opponents, Denver/KC will be a home/away split and Oakland/San Diego will be a home/away split.

I guess I was providing that "misinformation". Based on the old schedule we would be in Seattle and San Fran.

I'm curious as to why the scheduling committee didn't check with me for my approval. Gonna have to check my spam folder.

It's nice to break up the NFC West juggernaut. Getting Seattle here will be much easier than dealing with that crowd.

KA4Texan 04-17-2013 01:40 PM

Re: Houston vs Chargers at san diego next year!

Have fun, I love the SD area, for years it was my "second home". I was generally in the Alpine/El Cajon area.

Kimmy 04-23-2013 10:38 PM

Tickets to the game and airfare have been bought. Flying in Friday, leaving Tuesday. Super excited.

mike moffat 04-23-2013 11:55 PM

I'm going to try and score some tix for the San Francisco game. That's about 3 1/2 hours drive for me.

TexansBlood 04-24-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmy (Post 2154846)
Tickets to the game and airfare have been bought. Flying in Friday, leaving Tuesday. Super excited.

What section are your seats?

Seen decent prices especially for a MNF game, ill be going for a whole week.

Kimmy 04-24-2013 06:55 PM

We are in P24 - the thing with this stadium is a lot of the lower level sideline seats are "limited view" You're better off buying seats in the end-zone than 50 yard line.

Majs 04-24-2013 10:41 PM

Anyone know which sideline is the Texans in San Diego? I can't tell from their website

Kimmy 04-25-2013 08:26 AM

The lower numbers - if you're looking at the scoreboard, would be on the left hand side. Stubhub has a good map.