Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Blame the team not the refs (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97357)

gary 12-30-2012 04:16 PM

Blame the team not the refs
 
Overall the team just screwed up even though there were some bad calls.

ziggy29 12-30-2012 04:17 PM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
The refs didn't drop the stinkbomb over the last 7 games. This was two different teams -- they looked like an elite team through the Bears game, and after that, extreme mediocrity.

gary 12-30-2012 04:38 PM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggy29 (Post 2092489)
The refs didn't drop the stinkbomb over the last 7 games. This was two different teams -- they looked like an elite team through the Bears game, and after that, extreme mediocrity.

This.

MEGA SWATT 12-30-2012 04:40 PM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
MS and Kubes crapped the bed, the refs just pee'd in it afterwards.:chickendance:

GuerillaBlack 12-30-2012 04:44 PM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
Don't think anyone is really blaming the refs. That's not this team's issue.

gary 12-30-2012 04:59 PM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
I see some posts about bad calls but the bulk was just bad play.

JCTexan 12-30-2012 05:03 PM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gary (Post 2092645)
I see some posts about bad calls but the bulk was just bad play.

There were some bad calls by the refs that didn't help, but the bad play is what cost this team the game. Giving up a 101 yard kick return, and a 70 yard bomb on 3rd & 23 was the difference.

HJam72 12-30-2012 05:39 PM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
I blame the refs, Schaub, Kubiak, Luck, AJ for the dropped TD, right side O-line, Marciano, the entire kick-off coverage team, Paguno (or whoever), the stupid commercials, my boss who ticked me off last night, my whiny subordinates griping and fighting about petty crap, the Colt-sucking commentators, the Church's chicken lady at half-time that dint have no spicey chicken, the traffic, the freezing @$$ weather, and your momma.

:hairpull:

utahmark 12-30-2012 07:53 PM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
I don't blame the refs, were playing bad football.

Did anyone notice that right before the 2 min warning after ind scored they let 4 seconds run off the clock. I have never seen that before. their clock guy was taking time off the clock all game long. Our stupid clock guy never helps us out. I want control of the clock next weekend. If we get the lead the game would be ours.

MEGA SWATT 12-30-2012 08:09 PM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72 (Post 2092765)
I blame the refs, Schaub, Kubiak, Luck, AJ for the dropped TD, right side O-line, Marciano, the entire kick-off coverage team, Paguno (or whoever), the stupid commercials, my boss who ticked me off last night, my whiny subordinates griping and fighting about petty crap, the Colt-sucking commentators, the Church's chicken lady at half-time that dint have no spicey chicken, the traffic, the freezing @$$ weather, and your momma.

:hairpull:

Leave momma out of it:ant:

Big Lou 12-30-2012 08:16 PM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gary (Post 2092481)
Overall the team just screwed up even though there were some bad calls.

Theres a difference between blaming the refs outright and pointing out horrible calls that make an impact in a game of inches.


The Texans played flat again, but those that act as though the refs didn't play a significant role in the outcome of the game are either kidding themselves or think that there is some kind of honor in putting the loss on the team alone.

I didn't bash the refs after the Vikings game, but in this case they have it coming. For those that think this was all the refs are just as wrong as those that act as though slanted calls don't make a huge impact.

Big Lou 12-30-2012 08:21 PM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
V. Davis pushed/struck an official, there was no ejection let alone a flag, I've never seen a player get away with that.

Texans played flat
Colts played decent and good at times
Colts had a lot go thier way
Refs attacked US and went soft on Indy


Put them in any order it all contributed, but I just want to make the point. We have beat the Texans to death with bad play, so this was a new element to discuss.

76Texan 12-30-2012 11:47 PM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
Nope, I blame the ref.

Harris got mugged by Wayne on the first third and goal and they called PI on Harris.

Wayne knew he couldn't get to the ball and wanted to prevent Harris from having a shot at the ball.

The Colts went on to score a TD instead of a FG there.

Soon as I saw that one, I said to myself, "it's over"!

76Texan 12-31-2012 12:49 AM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
On that play, Harris turned to the ref in the end zone while Wayne walked about with a big grin on his face. Why do you think he couldn't contain the glee?!?

And here's the reaction of Barwin, Watt, and Reed when they reviewed the fumble and reversed the call.
Barwin threw away his cup in disgust; you can see the liquid raining down behind him.
(Choose the option to View it as a slideshow in fast mode.)

http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/...6Texan/Barwin/

Don't you think they knew they were playing against a stacked deck?

BigBull17 12-31-2012 08:32 AM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
Did anyone else notice how the Colts never set before a snap? I saw about 7-8 instances of the motion guy still shuffling around at the snap. I will say we sucked donkey dick, but that doesn't help.

gary 12-31-2012 01:19 PM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
Two plays were the difference so blame the team not the refs that is sorry.

Goatcheese 12-31-2012 01:38 PM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gary (Post 2093806)
Two plays were the difference so blame the team not the refs that is sorry.

I like to blame all accountable parties. I'm thorough like that. :butterfly:

Donnieman 12-31-2012 05:36 PM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lou (Post 2093106)
Theres a difference between blaming the refs outright and pointing out horrible calls that make an impact in a game of inches.


The Texans played flat again, but those that act as though the refs didn't play a significant role in the outcome of the game are either kidding themselves or think that there is some kind of honor in putting the loss on the team alone.

I didn't bash the refs after the Vikings game, but in this case they have it coming. For those that think this was all the refs are just as wrong as those that act as though slanted calls don't make a huge impact.

Yeah the refs blew the call. But lets say they gave it to the Texans.
What is the likely outcome? 3 and out and one more pathetic field goal.

Double Barrel 12-31-2012 05:43 PM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lou (Post 2093118)
V. Davis pushed/struck an official, there was no ejection let alone a flag, I've never seen a player get away with that.

I agree completely. It was shocking to see him get away with it.

JCTexan 12-31-2012 06:17 PM

Re: Blame the team not the refs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnieman (Post 2094014)
Yeah the refs blew the call. But lets say they gave it to the Texans.
What is the likely outcome? 3 and out and one more pathetic field goal.

Ok, let's be pessimistic and say after the fumble all Houston got on the 14 yard-line was a FG. That three points could have still had a huge impact on the end of the game. The refs have to be 100% sure to overturn a call on the field. How they were sure they got it right is beyond me.

I don't care how I look saying it, there were calls the referees made in yesterdays game that seriously frustrated me.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger