Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97322)

Hookem Horns 12-29-2012 11:24 PM

The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
If the Texans are going to make it to New Orleans they MUST beat the Colts and secure the homefield advantage.

If they lose tomorrow with so much at stake, I think it's safe to say the wheels have officially come off and they won't make it past the 2nd round.

Tomorrow is going to show us a LOT about this team, especially the ones whom are getting murdered this week on this board, namely Schaub and Kubiak.

I am looking at this as a playoff game and am pretty jacked up. I really hope they don't blow this one because last night I dreamed that they did and I don't want that feeling again.

In my dream Schaub was having a terrible game and they were getting killed. I started throwing stuff in my dream and woke up mad. It took a few seconds for me to realize it was Saturday morning and the game hadn't started yet. So with that I was relieved (at least until kickoff).

Anyway ... enough with the negative. It's time to get jacked up again!

ThaShark316 12-29-2012 11:25 PM

Re: The Road to the Super Bowl Starts in about 24 Hours
 
4.

Get ready.

4.

valleytexfan 12-29-2012 11:28 PM

Re: The Road to the Super Bowl Starts in about 24 Hours
 
Let's do this shizz!!! :fans:

ThaShark316 12-29-2012 11:35 PM

Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
I'm debating getting loud for this game...

Yeah, I think I will. **** it.

http://www.playmakeronline.com/wp-co...nel-scream.jpg

Textan 12-30-2012 12:12 AM

Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
Had a dream like that last Saturday.:cutthroat: I agree with you Hookem, this game will tell us all about this years Texans.

since02 12-30-2012 12:40 AM

Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
hmmm... ironic

I had the same dream!
The same night and also woke up mad, the Texans better prove me wrong..

I had to bust out the madden and smash the Colts to feel better!

Norg 12-30-2012 12:50 AM

Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
ehh u never know what if we do lose today but still make it to the super bowl ..???? some how LOL

thunderkyss 12-30-2012 01:32 AM

Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
I don't want to put to much on this game. That's a sure way to knee jerk city. If we beat the Colts, it don't mean a thing. They are a bad team that's having an amazing Cinderella type season. Lots of magic & how the F moments. Beatinv them is what we're supposed to do.

If we lose, it doesn't really tell us much. They're having a Cinderella season. Lots of magic & how the F moments. It's not a play-off game & we're still alive.

It would be nice if we get hot & we can see it. But even a blowout won't tell us that we are ready & there will be many here to remind us. Just like they remind us that our wins vs Chicago, Baltimore, Denver, & our last win against Indy don't mean anything. Fool's gold they'll say.

The bye week would be nice. The number one seed would be nice. But the last two Super Bowl teams didn't have bye weeks. When the Colts won the Super Bowl, they didn't have a bye week & if I remember right, the last time the Steelers won the Super Bowl they didn't have a bye week & this team could use some extra playing time.

I'm rooting for the Texans to win. Thats what I do. This isnt just another game, but it's not a play-off game either.

EllisUnit 12-30-2012 01:43 AM

Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
Ok OK is it just me or does so many fans having the same dream about us getting killed in todays game sound like bad karma.

Hopefully they were just your common nightmare and not some Final Destination premonition to where play off death hunts down the texans for escaping with their lives this sunday :kitten:

Ryan 12-30-2012 02:38 AM

Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
I saw 21-10 Texans in my dream last night, let's do this sh*t! :swatter:

TexanSam 12-30-2012 02:49 AM

Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
I'm drunk enough right now so when when I wake up in time for the game I'll still be feeling it. So just in case the Texans lose, I won't care so much because I'm hungover. :toropalm:

I think the Texans win this one, but I've prepared myself for the worst :D...:(

bckey 12-30-2012 08:22 AM

Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2090262)
I don't want to put to much on this game. That's a sure way to knee jerk city. If we beat the Colts, it don't mean a thing. They are a bad team that's having an amazing Cinderella type season. Lots of magic & how the F moments. Beatinv them is what we're supposed to do.

If we lose, it doesn't really tell us much. They're having a Cinderella season. Lots of magic & how the F moments. It's not a play-off game & we're still alive.

It would be nice if we get hot & we can see it. But even a blowout won't tell us that we are ready & there will be many here to remind us. Just like they remind us that our wins vs Chicago, Baltimore, Denver, & our last win against Indy don't mean anything. Fool's gold they'll say.

The bye week would be nice. The number one seed would be nice. But the last two Super Bowl teams didn't have bye weeks. When the Colts won the Super Bowl, they didn't have a bye week & if I remember right, the last time the Steelers won the Super Bowl they didn't have a bye week & this team could use some extra playing time.

I'm rooting for the Texans to win. Thats what I do. This isnt just another game, but it's not a play-off game either.

The Colts are 10-5. Same record as the Ravens and 1 better than the Bengals. If they beat the Texans they would end up 11-5 and the Texans 12-4. A 1 game difference and that is with a rookie qb. One could easily point to the Detroit and Jacksonville games as how the F moment games.

This game to me is like a playoff game because there is a lot at stake for the Texans. Win and you only play 2 games to get to the superbowl. And as a bonus, the Patriots will have to battle it out with the Broncos so the Texans would only have to play one of them. And all the games at home

Lose and the Texans have to play 3 games to get to the superbowl and the biggest ones would be on the road. Traveling to New England and then Denver. Back to back real tough games on the road. Don't kid yourself. This game is huge for the Texans and they know it.

The Texans better come out and take care of business today. No excuses. No silver lining loss here. :texflag:

CloakNNNdagger 12-30-2012 08:47 AM

Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Textan (Post 2090245)
Had a dream like that last Saturday.:cutthroat: I agree with you Hookem, this game will tell us all about this years Texans.

If we eek out a 24-20 win predicted by ThaShark316, it will tell me something I don't want to hear going into the playoffs........but of course we all know that this will be a blowout win for the Texans...........don't we?:turtle:

Playoffs 12-30-2012 08:55 AM

Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
Let's do this!!!

http://bisteachers.cratercomets.com/...eAnimation.gif

Thorn 12-30-2012 08:56 AM

Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
The way I see it is if we win today, we'll be in the AFC Championship game. If we lose today, we won't make it to that game. Todays game is that important.

Wolf 12-30-2012 09:07 AM

Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2090320)
The way I see it is if we win today, we'll be in the AFC Championship game. If we lose today, we won't make it to that game. Todays game is that important.


Agreed

ATXtexanfan 12-30-2012 09:43 AM

Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2090320)
The way I see it is if we win today, we'll be in the AFC Championship game. If we lose today, we won't make it to that game. Todays game is that important.

Yup. Playoffs start today. I've been pissy all week about these guys. But I'm ready for this game.

DBCooper 12-30-2012 10:06 AM

Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
I am pumped!!!

This game is HUGE!!!!!!

We are the better team. We have had a terrific season and this game could pave our way to the Super Bowl!!!!!

texanhead08 12-30-2012 10:16 AM

Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
This game will show if we have a legit chance to make a playoff run or not.

KA4Texan 12-30-2012 10:25 AM

Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!
 
I hope so, there is a Broncos fan I would LOVE for the Texans to shut up by taking number one seed.

He simply commented number one seeds barely ever win the SB.

I simply pointed out the same can be said about Peyton Manning.

Not only would it be nice to shut him up, would be nice to finally beat Indy IN Indy for a change.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger