Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   What would be Schaub's trade value? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97229)

srrono 12-24-2012 07:15 PM

What would be Schaub's trade value?

I like everyone else am hoping the Texans get it together and win a superbowl or at least make a strong run. If not QB may be where change is needed.
I heard a caller on the radio speak on this today.
OAK paid two #1 picks for Palmer. (very high)
What is the value of Schaub? #1? 2 #2's? a #2 & #3?
If the Texans could trade him for maybe a #1 or two #2 picks then turn around and sign Alex Smith in the off season would you do it?
I see Alex Smith fitting the HOU system. Smith is 3 years younger at 28 also has more mobility.
Smith Signed a three-year, $24 million contract. Talking heads say he will be cut in off season. Smith would cost about half the price as Schaub.
Schuab Signed a five-year, $66.15 million contract.
NFL QB landscape
I am not sure what teams could be interested in Schaub maybe:
ARZ
KC
JAG
OAK
CLE
BUF
NYJ

With the extra cap savings and draft pick or picks this would help fill other positions of need on the team.

Playoffs 12-24-2012 08:19 PM

Re: What would be Schaub's trade value?

Alex Smith? :kubepalm::wadepalm::hankpalm:

CretorFrigg 12-24-2012 08:22 PM

Russell Wilson + (a) draft pick(s). I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Rey 12-24-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CretorFrigg (Post 2087839)
Russell Wilson + (a) draft pick(s). I'd take that in a heartbeat.

They wouldn't do that straight up let alone with picks.

EllisUnit 12-24-2012 08:35 PM

I think as hard as it is to find a good starter in this league we could get a #1 draft pick for him easily. Think of all the teams who have been searching countless years for a good to decent QB. People can say what they want but it could get a whole lot worse than schaub.

How many QBs did the bears,lions,49ers,titans,cardinals,cowboys,bengals , and the list goes on and on,,,before they found a quality Starter, and thats even if they have found one.

Take it for what its worth but i know what i get with Schaub a guy who can lead us to victories with help from the team. He is not a guy who can carry the team on his back. BUT i dont know what we will get from the next guy who takes his place, things could be worse is all i'm saying. Be careful what you wish for

srrono 12-24-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2087847)
I think as hard as it is to find a good starter in this league we could get a #1 draft pick for him easily. Think of all the teams who have been searching countless years for a good to decent QB. People can say what they want but it could get a whole lot worse than schaub.

How many QBs did the bears,lions,49ers,titans,cardinals,cowboys,bengals , and the list goes on and on,,,before they found a quality Starter, and thats even if they have found one.

Take it for what its worth but i know what i get with Schaub a guy who can lead us to victories with help from the team. He is not a guy who can carry the team on his back. BUT i dont know what we will get from the next guy who takes his place, things could be worse is all i'm saying. Be careful what you wish for

i hear you and I aint wishing for it.

houstonspartan 12-24-2012 09:48 PM

A #1 AND a #2 AND lot's and lot's and lots of CASH. LOTS.

Look, folks, I'm just as frustrated at yesterday's loss as the next person. I have my concerns, and think the playoffs might get ugly for us, but, the panic in the streets is getting a bit ridiculus.

Corrosion 12-24-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2087838)
Alex Smith? :kubepalm::wadepalm::hankpalm:

You know , Smith and Schaub have a lot in common .... but I think that Smith has some tools that Schaub doesnt - Mobility and a little bigger arm.

I'd probably be OK with moving Schaub for a pick or two and bringing in Smith ....

ATXtexanfan 12-24-2012 11:19 PM

A 7th rd pick, no really. Old and no arm strength

ATXtexanfan 12-24-2012 11:20 PM

Gotta figure in his contract also

wolf123 12-24-2012 11:22 PM

He has next to no Trade value... He's a solid QB but no where near elite.

ATXtexanfan 12-25-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf123 (Post 2087933)

Agree, pipe dream to trade him

gafftop 12-25-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan (Post 2087930)
A 7th rd pick, no really. Old and no arm strength

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf123 (Post 2087933)

No way we ever trade Schaub. Maybe let go but no trade. Hell we didn't even trade Mario when he would have had real value or it could have meant we could have saved some of the players we had to let go last year and the FO knew there was no way we could resign him.
Still pretty pissed of about that mistake.

Quotes above pretty close to his value.

Hervoyel 12-25-2012 12:14 AM

I think the only reason he has no trade value is that anyone wanting him would know that the Texans wouldn't part with him unless they were absolutely certain they had their new guy in place. That would mean a failed attempt to trade would be followed by his release (cap ramifications permitting, a lot depends on when this hypothetical event happens) so why trade for someone you can sign once he's available?

He's not so good that people will be trying to jump ahead of one another to get him. Nobody's forming a line to trade for the sloth.

dc_txtech 12-25-2012 12:30 AM

I made a joke to my friend who is a Buffalo fan a few weeks ago. The joke was that some team will be dumb enough to trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Alex Smith and the team dumb enough to do that would be the Bills.

Then I come to my own home board and see people who are advocating trading for Alex ****ing Smith. Alex Smith was benched for a reason, the guy sucks. People keep saying he's mobile? No, he's not mobile. He had one run in a playoff game that everybody remembers. Harbaugh made Smith look like a winner and now he is sending him packing as soon as he had Kaepernick ready.

Schaub has no trade value, this whole thread is nulll in void.

mussop 12-25-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_txtech (Post 2087966)
I made a joke to my friend who is a Buffalo fan a few weeks ago. The joke was that some team will be dumb enough to trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Alex Smith and the team dumb enough to do that would be the Bills.

Then I come to my own home board and see people who are advocating trading for Alex ****ing Smith. Alex Smith was benched for a reason, the guy sucks. People keep saying he's mobile? No, he's not mobile. He had one run in a playoff game that everybody remembers. Harbaugh made Smith look like a winner and now he is sending him packing as soon as he had Kaepernick ready.

Schaub has no trade value, this whole thread is nulll in void.

no he wasn't! He got injured and Kolin played well. And one run in any game is more than you will ever get from Schaub at this point.

chicagotexan2 12-25-2012 12:37 AM

We're stuck with him for at least one more season. It just kills me how he wilts and retreats in the face of pressure. Maybe he's not as bad as he showed vs the vikes but it was really bad and the oline played like garbage too. I do hope that smith and kubiak take a serious look at Alex smith or someone else for the future because I'm now starting to believe that schaub is not the qb for the long run.

dc_txtech 12-25-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2087956)
I think the only reason he has no trade value is that anyone wanting him would know that the Texans wouldn't part with him unless they were absolutely certain they had their new guy in place. That would mean a failed attempt to trade would be followed by his release (cap ramifications permitting, a lot depends on when this hypothetical event happens) so why trade for someone you can sign once he's available?

He's not so good that people will be trying to jump ahead of one another to get him. Nobody's forming a line to trade for the sloth.

The only reason he has no trade value is that he signed a 5 year 66 million dollar contract 3 months ago. Dutchrudder could probably spell it out better but to me that means he's not going anywhere.

Matt has us at 12-3. Not one single drop of sweat has dripped from my balls.

dc_txtech 12-25-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mussop (Post 2087968)
no he wasn't! He got injured and Kolin played well. And one run in any game is more than you will ever get from Schaub at this point.

So *Colin Kaepernick came in and played well and Smith was benched for that reason.

Is that not Smith being benched for a reason?

stingray 12-25-2012 12:51 AM

Sometimes i wonder if people actually sit down and watch other nfl games. I mean, really watch them. Alex Smith? Really? :spit: