Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Matt Schaub voted 2012 Ed Block Courage Award winner (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97221)

Fili 12-24-2012 09:35 AM

Matt Schaub voted 2012 Ed Block Courage Award winner

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...2-cbd962a93667

Quote:

The Texans have selected QB Matt Schaub as their 2012 Ed Block Courage Award winner. Recipients are selected by a vote of their teammates to recognize extra efforts both on and off the field and their ability to overcome great adversity. Schaub joins past Texans winners LB DeMeco Ryans (2011), TE Joel Dreessen (2010), LB Zac Diles (2009), WR Harry Williams (2008), DE Anthony Weaver (2007), LB Kailee Wong (2006), WR Jabar Gaffney (2005), DT Seth Payne (2004), CB Aaron Glenn (2003) and CB Jason Bell (2002). He will be recognized at the 35th annual Ed Block Courage Awards on DATE in Baltimore, Maryland.
This has to be a joke...

amazing80 12-24-2012 09:37 AM

Re: Matt Schaub voted 2012 Ed Block Courage Award winner

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fili (Post 2087556)

pretty sure it was prior to the game

Trap_Star 12-24-2012 09:41 AM

Shitty throw schaub is a winner.

NitroGSXR 12-24-2012 09:42 AM

He came back from a career-ending type of injury and has led our team to a 12-3 record (at worst 12-4). I could not be any happier. Schaub is a warrior.

El Tejano 12-24-2012 09:56 AM

I just want him to move away from pressure and make a completion on the run and not just throw the ball out of bounds or take a sack. That's all. I like Schaub.

Playoffs 12-24-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroGSXR (Post 2087562)
He came back from a career-ending type of injury and has led our team to a 12-3 record (at worst 12-4). I could not be any happier...

Exactly. Just ironic that Schaub was running scared all game against the Vikings.

Yesterday 12-24-2012 10:17 AM

Can't recall the last time I saw Schaub put the slip on a defender (ala Roethlisberger, Luck, etc..). Would really like him to bulk up in the offseason. When he throws the ball it looks forced

My thing with Schaub has always been that he doesn't lose us games, and that when this team plays the way it is designed to, we don't need him to win us games. But this season his play, especially after the bye, has been sub-par.

Porky 12-24-2012 10:23 AM

I would nominate him for the block head award. He is regressing all season, and has played his worse when it has mattered most. I'm starting to rethink my long term support of him. He better turn it on and find another gear and soon.

Yesterday 12-24-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porky (Post 2087584)
I would nominate him for the block head award. He is regressing all season, and has played his worse when it has mattered most. I'm starting to rethink my long term support of him. He better turn it on and find another gear and soon.

Good thing we didn't sign him to a long-term contract...oh, wait...

robroy72 12-24-2012 10:38 AM

I like Schaub, I think he fits the offence to a T. But ... I'm struggling to think of a least mobile QB and I think that is what other teams have picked up on. Bully up front, push back into the pocket because if he's flushed and on the run he's worse than useless.

mike moffat 12-24-2012 11:13 AM

I don't see a "killer" instinct in him....or Kube for that matter. They go out and attempt to execute the plays that are drawn up. Pretty vanilla if you ask me. This coming from a supporter of both every year. But, I'm starting to doubt them. We have to have more plays than Foster left, Tate draw, Foster screen and desperations to Andre.

Look at the intensity of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. They will bury you if given an opportunity. Look into their eyes and compare them to Schaub.

The way that we are playing right now, we're one and done. Too bad. We probably won't have this type of win / loss record for several years.

Mr teX 12-24-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robroy72 (Post 2087598)
I like Schaub, I think he fits the offence to a T. But ... I'm struggling to think of a least mobile QB and I think that is what other teams have picked up on. Bully up front, push back into the pocket because if he's flushed and on the run he's worse than useless.

funny how you just glossed over that like it's not a big deal..we've got some of the lightest O-linemen in the game..have to be for the scheme so "bullying" them & disrupting would come a little easier against them than it would be say SF's linemen.

EVOLVIST 12-24-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike moffat (Post 2087624)
Look at the intensity of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. They will bury you if given an opportunity. Look into their eyes and compare them to Schaub.

Oh? Much like the eyes of Bob Griese, two time Super Bowl victor, who's eyes were as flat and dead as an eight-day-old mackerel? Yeah, Bob makes Schaub look like meth tweaker.

Much to do about nothing, this killer instinct and those eyes. A lot of good it's doing Philip Rivers right now. :yawn:

TexansLucky13 12-24-2012 01:26 PM

Compensation for losing half an ear

Hervoyel 12-24-2012 01:32 PM

Nice award. The Texans are great at giving each other awards. They also talk a mean game when the media sticks a microphone in their faces.

Interesting that not one previous winner is still with the team.

Hookem Horns 12-24-2012 03:51 PM

How about giving it to someone who took a LOT of flak from the fans and media, sucked it up, turned their career around and is now performing beyond expectations on the field?

Kareem Jackson gets my vote.

ObsiWan 12-24-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2087703)
Nice award. The Texans are great at giving each other awards. They also talk a mean game when the media sticks a microphone in their faces.

Interesting that not one previous winner is still with the team

:hmmm:

foreshadowing maybe...
Perhaps Schaub will only be here another year or so...

MEGA SWATT 12-24-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2087703)

Interesting that not one previous winner is still with the team.

So this is the award you get when you are close to done in Houston?:spit:

playa465 12-24-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fili (Post 2087556)

Its no joke, he is probably the most deserving based on the prerequisites:

to recognize extra efforts both on and off the field and their ability to overcome great adversity.

and remember, his teammates think this of him.

Hervoyel 12-24-2012 08:03 PM

Brady's teammates play poorly in a victory over the Jaguars and Brady tears them a new fourth point of contact. Schaub's teammates vote him a warm and fuzzy feel-good award as the Texans slowly grind to an inept halt to wrap up their season.

I think I see a clear difference in the way these two men approach the game of football.