Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Were will tebow go (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97171)

Norg 12-22-2012 12:20 AM

Were will tebow go
 
Which team will pick up tebow next year and for what Position ..???

i got

Jags
Cards
philly
Buffallo
Tenn
KC
Bucs

Has a role player maybe

Texans Pats or Steelers

Dutchrudder 12-22-2012 12:28 AM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
He will retire and become the minister of a mega-church in northern Florida.

ChampionTexan 12-22-2012 12:37 AM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2085447)
He will retire and become the minister of a mega-church in northern Florida.

Which ironically will have larger Sunday attendance figures than Everbank Field.

Thorn 12-22-2012 12:47 AM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
Tebow will not be in a Texans uniform. Ever. That just ain't happening. So I don't care where he ends up. If he goes to the Jags, at least their attendance would go up. The tarps would be Tebowed.

infantrycak 12-22-2012 01:49 AM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
OK, make some effort. Were for where. Has for as. Honestly not trying to be a Nazi here, we have had a MB member make huge strides on this front.

To answer your original question - who cares? He will never be a consistent starting QB or RB. He would be best suited if someone like Kubiak had him and put him in a James Casey role with an added passing dimension.

Showtime100 12-22-2012 03:32 AM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2085463)
OK, make some effort. Were for where. Has for as. Honestly not trying to be a Nazi here, we have had a MB member make huge strides on this front.

To answer your original question - who cares? He will never be a consistent starting QB or RB. He would be best suited if someone like Kubiak had him and put him in a James Casey role with an added passing dimension.

Agreed. I can't imagine why anyone would care and I wish I could make that sound nicer.

Corrosion 12-22-2012 05:25 AM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2085463)
To answer your original question - who cares? He will never be a consistent starting QB or RB. He would be best suited if someone like Kubiak had him and put him in a James Casey role with an added passing dimension.

I agree with that .... He is a football player , just not a QB.Its pretty obvious to me that if he wants to remain in the league , he will have to evolve as a player ....

I was wondering how he would look .... as a LBer , possibly inside in a 4-3.

A Casey type H back is the other option , maybe even as a TE.


Almost find it comical he ran a 6.66 3 cone at the combine.

Nawzer 12-22-2012 07:45 AM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
I think by this time next year Tebow will be playing for Team Jesus and circumcising Filipino boys.

thunderkyss 12-22-2012 08:51 AM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
I think if Woody Johnson's decision was more "faith" based than football based, Tebow will be back in NYJets. If he can manage to convince Rex to stay, I think that team does some real damage. Think about Scanchez's first two years, when they had the #2 defense, #2 running offense, and made it to back to back AFC Championship game.

If not, someone else is going to get him on the cheap & give him a chance. I'm sure there is a coach out there somewhere who thinks they can make something out of him. Not putting him in that class, but there was a time when the popular opinion was that Farve & Young couldn't be NFL quarterbacks.

Playoffs 12-22-2012 10:24 AM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norg (Post 2085444)
Which team will pick up tebow next year and for what Position ..???

i got

Jags
Cards
philly
Buffallo
Tenn
KC
Bucs

Tebow in Tennessee would be funny. WWTD employed by Lucifer incarnate. http://www.kratomconnoisseurs.com/Sm...angeldevil.gif

I'd like to see the Jags get him and do what Fox did with him.

EllisUnit 12-22-2012 10:54 AM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2085454)
Tebow will not be in a Texans uniform. Ever. That just ain't happening. So I don't care where he ends up. If he goes to the Jags, at least their attendance would go up. The tarps would be Tebowed.

Just wait for it, we will have some football genius like Bullblitz who will start a Texanstalk crave for Tebow, it is inevitable. Never seen such a popular back up.

76Texan 12-22-2012 12:25 PM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
Texans will trade Schaub and a couple of first round picks for Tebow, book it! :choke:

thunderkyss 12-22-2012 12:34 PM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2085575)
Texans will trade Schaub and a couple of first round picks for Tebow, book it! :choke:

Never thought I'd see Lienart here... so who knows?

ajohnson80 12-22-2012 12:46 PM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
So tired of hearing about this guy. Is he a better option at tight end or full back then a guy who has real talent and worked hard to become good at those positions? Nobody even knows if he can run routes, block or catch even. It's not like he's some amazing runner. I guess he's good if you need a yard or 2 up the middle.

He has his fanboys mainly created by the espn hype machine. So what if he's a virgin. There's a lot of good hearted people with faith in the league that are actually contributing to their teams. I would rather talk about them when it comes to football.

JCTexan 12-22-2012 12:49 PM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
If Tebow is still in the NFL next season it will be with Jacksonville. They're a terrible team with no fan support and Tebow is from Florida. They can draft their future QB and still give Tebow one year there. With the circus that will come to town with Tebow (even as a backup), I can't imagine why any other team would want to do it.

Scooter 12-22-2012 01:30 PM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
jacksonville makes too much sense. first, he'd fill the stadium - assuming they let him start. second, with MJD they'd have the best run game in the league. and third, tebow can make at least make something happen behind a line that's anchored by a guy named "whimper". i doubt they'd ever get into the playoffs unless their defense comes back into top 3 shape, but tebow would make the jags entertaining and somewhat relevant.

Hervoyel 12-22-2012 02:45 PM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2085501)
I think if Woody Johnson's decision was more "faith" based than football based, Tebow will be back in NYJets. If he can manage to convince Rex to stay, I think that team does some real damage. Think about Scanchez's first two years, when they had the #2 defense, #2 running offense, and made it to back to back AFC Championship game.

If not, someone else is going to get him on the cheap & give him a chance. I'm sure there is a coach out there somewhere who thinks they can make something out of him. Not putting him in that class, but there was a time when the popular opinion was that Farve & Young couldn't be NFL quarterbacks.

Honestly, I don't ever remember hearing anyone suggest that Steve Young and Brett Favre couldn't be NFL QB's. Tebow looks ridiculous playing QB at this level though. He's so one dimensional and just like Vince Young in Tennessee Tebow's success was entirely the result of the rest of the team overcoming his limitations.

JCTexan 12-22-2012 02:58 PM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2085623)
Honestly, I don't ever remember hearing anyone suggest that Steve Young and Brett Favre couldn't be NFL QB's. Tebow looks ridiculous playing QB at this level though. He's so one dimensional and just like Vince Young in Tennessee Tebow's success was entirely the result of the rest of the team overcoming his limitations.

I agree to a certain extent, but it raises the question: why weren't the Broncos able to win with Kyle Orton last year?

infantrycak 12-22-2012 02:59 PM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2085623)
Honestly, I don't ever remember hearing anyone suggest that Steve Young and Brett Favre couldn't be NFL QB's.

I don't either. Favre was drafted just out of the 1st round by a GM who did so over the objections of Jerry Glanville and then traded to the team which wanted him originally for a mid first round pick after a year of not playing. Young went to a miserable situation and still one of football's gurus sent 2nd and 4th round picks to get him when they already had a HoF QB.

Hervoyel 12-22-2012 03:14 PM

Re: Were will tebow go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 2085627)
I agree to a certain extent, but it raises the question: why weren't the Broncos able to win with Kyle Orton last year?

Spark, or lack thereof. Tebow does bring one thing if little else and that's a spark. I think in Denver Orton was dead-man-walking from the moment he got there.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger