Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97098)

Wolf 12-19-2012 04:06 PM

So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...2-174a2dd8c526

Largest in NFL and MLB and widest in all pro sports

More info to follow via their facebook page

PapaL 12-19-2012 04:21 PM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
Put that in your glory hole Jerry Jones!

qqert 12-19-2012 04:24 PM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
i hope they put it to the side/ends.
having one in the middle wouldnt make sense w. a retractable roof!

NitroGSXR 12-19-2012 04:31 PM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by qqert (Post 2084031)
i hope they put it to the side/ends.
having one in the middle wouldnt make sense w. a retractable roof!

The article seemed to imply that the current setup would be replaced by the TV. I'm thinking less advertising space and more screen. Love this idea! Thank you, Texans!!

Now... to await the upcoming season ticket holder bill...

TxDavid 12-19-2012 04:42 PM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroGSXR (Post 2084037)
The article seemed to imply that the current setup would be replaced by the TV. I'm thinking less advertising space and more screen. Love this idea! Thank you, Texans!!

Now... to await the upcoming season ticket holder bill...

Well, we all knew the prices were going up next year again anyways, so at least we get a pretty cool video board. And I hope you're right & they get rid of the ads and make it fit the whole area. I haven't missed a home game since 2003 and I can't tell you the names of any of those advertisers.

NitroGSXR 12-19-2012 04:50 PM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDavid (Post 2084049)
Well, we all knew the prices were going up next year again anyways, so at least we get a pretty cool video board. And I hope you're right & they get rid of the ads and make it fit the whole area. I haven't missed a home game since 2003 and I can't tell you the names of any of those advertisers.

I'm certain Coca cola is one. Maybe HEB?

My only concern with this is... they remove the closed captioning feature because of size. They have captioning for the games but it's poorly placed and is within that billboard. Despite that, I appreciated it. They are not legally obligated to caption them.

TxDavid 12-19-2012 05:33 PM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroGSXR (Post 2084058)
I'm certain Coca cola is one. Maybe HEB?

My only concern with this is... they remove the closed captioning feature because of size. They have captioning for the games but it's poorly placed and is within that billboard. Despite that, I appreciated it. They are not legally obligated to caption them.

I can tell you that I look to the captioning many times also, Nitro. Especially when the refs are talking and the crowd is loud. It is a valuable resource that affects many people, on both sides of the hearing spectrum.

When I was in Detroit, they did not offer closed captioning in the stadium, and the crowd was so rambunctious that we had no idea what the refs said on the non-TD. We didn't find out until after the game.

NitroGSXR 12-19-2012 05:38 PM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDavid (Post 2084081)
I can tell you that I look to the captioning many times also, Nitro. Especially when the refs are talking and the crowd is loud. It is a valuable resource that affects many people, on both sides of the hearing spectrum.

When I was in Detroit, they did not offer closed captioning in the stadium, and the crowd was so rambunctious that we had no idea what the refs said on the non-TD. We didn't find out until after the game.

You know what? Anybody can respond. I'm curious... how can we let the Texans know to encourage them to keep the captioning? I would like to write them a letter. I'm excited about the big screen but I am increasingly concerned that it will push the captioning off the board.

False Start 12-19-2012 07:21 PM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
Saw this over on Clutch Fans:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...o/3yel3daw.jpg

It will make Skeltor's look like an I pad. :littlelol:

NitroGSXR 12-19-2012 07:24 PM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
Sh*t. We have a real problem then.

AnthonyE 12-19-2012 07:30 PM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroGSXR (Post 2084160)
Sh*t. We have a real problem then.

I saw that image a few months ago here on TT, so I'm guessing its just a fan image. Hopefully they dont get rid of the captioning, I don't think they will. Aspect ratio on that screen is pretty ridiculous. I figure they'll keep it at 16:9.

ObsiWan 12-19-2012 07:38 PM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyE (Post 2084172)
I saw that image a few months ago here on TT, so I'm guessing its just a fan image. Hopefully they dont get rid of the captioning, I don't think they will. Aspect ratio on that screen is pretty ridiculous. I figure they'll keep it at 16:9.

Yeah... since it won't be completed until next August, that's got to be a fan's rendition.

I'd go ahead and write your letter Nitro.
Can't hurt.
Maybe send a note to T.C.'s blog, put the Chronic to good use.
And if you start some sort of petition to send Uncle Bob's way, I'll sign it.
:pepper:

False Start 12-19-2012 07:44 PM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyE (Post 2084172)
I saw that image a few months ago here on TT, so I'm guessing its just a fan image. Hopefully they dont get rid of the captioning, I don't think they will. Aspect ratio on that screen is pretty ridiculous. I figure they'll keep it at 16:9.

Yeah, I figured as much.

CloakNNNdagger 12-19-2012 08:18 PM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
52 feet tall and 277 feet wide.............a wingspan greater than a BOEING 747!


Now poor Jerruh is going to have to tear down his new stadium, replace his video board with a bigger one........and then build a newer bigger stadium around it.:vincepalm:

paycheck71 12-19-2012 08:34 PM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2084205)
52 feet tall and 277 feet wide.............a wingspan greater than a BOEING 747!

That is most definitely not 16:9

Mimayer1985 12-19-2012 09:23 PM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
That's insanity and that its actually two of them will make Jerry cry at night. Can't wait to be able to say yeah we got a better team and two screens bigger than your one

BeerTastesLikeVictory 12-19-2012 09:24 PM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by paycheck71 (Post 2084211)
That is most definitely not 16:9

The video (replays and such) should still be 16:9 just PIP'd in over a base layer. The cameras will still capture and output 16:9 for TV format and if they stretched it would probably look very strange.

Texan_Bill 12-19-2012 09:28 PM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf (Post 2084014)
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...2-174a2dd8c526

Largest in NFL and MLB and widest in all pro sports

More info to follow via their facebook page

Well, actually we've known this for a long time.

Playoffs 12-20-2012 08:38 AM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
That's an odd size. At 52.5 feet tall a 16:9 screen would be 93.3 feet wide.

Mimayer1985 12-20-2012 09:15 AM

Re: So, Reliant is getting a badass new display screen
 
I bet it's goin to have all the advertisement on the sides like the ones that surround our current screens


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger