The Williams Draft
Actually I had no idea it would end up with so many Williams. All but Cierre Woods should be in draft and at our pick. Please read notes in his bio. The # after name is where cbsports.com ranks them as prospects. I wanted a corner but am not as concerned about depth as some. I think Harris continues to improve as will Carmichael. My 7a pick is an unbelievable steal and sill add depth at safety as well as CB.
WR 1. Terrance Williams @#24 6'2" 205 4.45 95/1764 18.6 avg lng 80 TDs 12 Baylor University Holliday Bowl Dec 27th versus UCLA.
On December 18, 2012 ND Kalu on his radio program stated "most NFL ready WR and better than Kendall Wright.."
NT 2. Sylvester Williams @#69 6'3" 320 42 T 6 sacks good info @
OT 3A Brennan Williams @ 103 6'7" 310 North Carolina should be 100% from torn labrum by draft. Dad Brent Williams play for N.E. 11 years
ILB 3B (Mario) Andrew Jackson (unrated) 6'1" 262 Western Kentucky
2012: Ts 116 17.5 for loss 2 sacks 2011: Ts 109 17 for loss. Nick Saban likes him video (please allow about 2.5 minutes for Saban to rant):
OLB 4. Trevardo Williams @161 6'1" 240 4.5 U. Conn 12.5 sacks benches 385, squats 605 x 5 reps. Ran a 4.40 at slightly lower weight. Note he has played safety!
As I had not watched this guy I had to research. Surprised me. Mercilus replaces Barwin and Brooks remains starter.
TE 5A Michael Williams @ #182 6'5" 272 21/166 yds 7.9 3 TDs Alabama good hands and capable blocker.
RB 5b (Dreesen) Cierre Woods 6'0 215 4.48 does it all back. 110/740 @6.7 4 TDs. 4 for 27yds receiving. *Woods was suspended first two games "team rules". Mother has said 70-30 he will come out. http://espn.go.com/blog/notre-dame-f...me/cierre-wood
CW was not the primary back and replaces Tate.
C/OG 5c (Briesel) unrated Gabe Ikard 6'3" 288 JR has not declared. Took over when starting center Habern "retired". Ikard is a scholar & probably not rise much if he returns to Oklahoma.
DE 6. Kapron Lewis-Moore @271 6'3" 306. Notre Dame Can't believe low rank as this guy is in the backfield frequently. I see Crick eventually replacing A. Smith and Moore relieving Crick and Watt.
CB/FS 7A Darrius Slay 6'1" 190 5 INTs, 6 break ups, 1TFL, 1 forced fumble, 37 tackles 1 block kick. 4.37 verified @ 176 lbs http://dailyorange.com/2012/10/explo...issippi-state/
OLB 7B (Jason Allen) Quanteras Smith (ACL) @265 6'5" 248 this guy was amazing to watch and I discovered him watching his teammate Andrew Jackson. ACLs take 9-12 months so he might sign a split while he heals. * I can't find anything on surgery done for him. Definitely worth a 7th
Re: The Williams Draft
1. Williams, love this pick, he helps our WR corp. immensely and I think a move like this would help extend AJ career by taking some pressure off of him.
2. Williams, love this pick as well if still available, great value. Fills a massive need very well.
3. Williams, not real familiar with him but I like what I've read. I'm not familiar with a labrum injury so unsure of his potential in the NFL and thus hesitant to give this pick a thumbs up.
3b. Jackson, I like this pick as a pure run stuffing thumper in the middle but would prefer someone more athletic like Kiko Alonso. Good player but it all depends on what type of ILB your looking for.
4. Williams, I'm not familiar with this guy at all. At 6'01" he seems a bit short to play OLB.
5. Williams, I love this pick as well and would like to see him lined up next to Brown or Newton in goal line situations.
5b. Woods, I'm not familiar with this guy since I haven't looked at the RB's much. This pick makes sense if we trade Tate, which hopefully we do. Depth here is good value and a good pick.
5c. Ikard, I don't like his size or potential to add weight at only 6'02". If he did add 20-30 lbs. how much athleticism would he lose. I like Braden Hansen-OG from BYU better since he's already got the size and very good projected speed for his size. This is the only poor pick I see in this mock.
6. Moore, another very good pick and fills a need since we don't know if Jamison will return.
7. Slay, I like the pick, position, and size for the position. Great value if still available but I have my doubts on availability since CB is a premium position. If he doesn't work out at CB he would hopefully transfer to Safety depth.
7b. Smith, I think you mean comp. pick for Allen not Ball. Great value if still available and we've got the depth that he could sit on IR or practice squad for a year if needed.
Re: The Williams Draft
1. As Terrance is climbing most boards, I believe many are coming to my position that he is arguably best WR coming out. Getting a franchise type player in late first would be awesome. *Note we did have 6 WRs when we had Holliday & with Martin's issues @ WR, he could fill the role Trindon did.
3. Brennan has the feet to play left in an emergency but is a very solid RT. 6 months is usually maximum for torn labrum (shoulder) but his had been aggravating him all season and playing just made it worse. My hope is he will choose not to attend combine and limit his exposure to other teams.
3b Cushing can chase the TEs as he did before injury. Andrew can clog middle and collapse the pocket. WIth a big nose, we can shut down the run. I think we will see why this is a necessity against AP Sunday.
4. Trevardo, I thought same thing and had passed him by with no evaluation until I had to decide to go WR or OLB in first. His skills are not in knocking pass down but busting the QB. Just imagine that strength/speed getting to punter or down field on kick offs. He can be at the QB in time to adjust the ball int the passer's hand.
5b. I could be wrong but I think Tate is gone. I just hope he can play well enough to bring something in a trade.
5c Ikard you do realize that our starting center is listed at only one pound & one inch more? Also, my guy is a scholar who can handle the task of calling ZBS plays for the Oline. IMO that is why Caldwell was unable to beat out Myers.
Man I am so eager for the draft, but nothing new about that. lol
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger