Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The Dolts (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97035)

Tailgate 12-17-2012 11:17 AM

The Dolts

Not much respect for our team over there:

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/t...re-pretenders/

Quote:

Posted Yesterday, 04:11 PM
We gave them this game
Quote:

Regardless of whether the Colts are pretenders or not, the Texans are not the team everybody thought they were. Honestly, if not for the terrible O-line play, a stupid goal line fumble, and the refs once again shafting us, this would have been our game. The Texans will be one and done this season. They are not as good as their record would indicate.
Quote:

Posted Yesterday, 04:31 PM
It was obvious that are new to the whole winning thing. They gave Kubiak a Gatorade shower in a regular season game. C'mon man.
Quote:

You guys will be one and done in the playoffs.. Book it

Quote:

Colts shot themselves in the foot a lot of times, fumble by M.Moore, TD taken away from a penalty, 2 more times M.Moore on special team pins colts back by penalties, yes they needed Moore to replace Cater and Houghs who were injured, but he did cost a lot with his mistakes, and adding the blocked punt is another fluke that kills also, Texans didn't kick butt, if they meet the Pats again even in H.Texas I predict a Texans loss, Texan fans you better be nervous and also nervous about next year against the Colts, you may think after the loss of Peyton on the Colts would give you the division for the next decade????? Think again..
Quote:

It's fun for the Texans to pretend that they are elite.* That's ok.* In my humble opinion, I really don't see them as an NFL team yet.* I know that they are as they play in the NFL but when I think football, I don't think Houston Texans.* I think Colts, Pats, Packers, Giants.* Texans are like the Jags and Panthers to me.* Is that what you meant, OP?
http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/t...this-division/

Quote:

We'll be back*on top by next year or at the latest the year after. We just simply need an OL which we should be able to fix through free agency.
Quote:

I can't stand the Texans. They can have the division for now, it will be ours again soon.
Quote:

Texans are a joke.

No creativity. Their quarterback is a statue.

Andre Johnson only has a year or two left.

Shut down Foster and Johnson and they have nothing.

TheIronDuke 12-17-2012 11:23 AM

Re: The Dolts

I really used to respect the Dolts and their fans because I thought they showed class towards us when we sucked. Now, it's like having an older brother you looked up to but when you grew up your realized he's a complete dooosh-bag. Screw you clots.

Tailgate 12-17-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronDuke (Post 2082227)
I really used to respect the Dolts and their fans because I thought they showed class towards us when we sucked. Now, it's like having an older brother you looked up to but when you grew up your realized he's a complete dooosh-bag. Screw you clots.

Exactly. It seems like a different fan base all together now. They had the luxury of having Peyton Manning for almost 15 years, all that winning in the regular season....and they won a total ONE superbowl in the end with him. Yet, we are a joke at 12-2 right now and we are simply temporarily holding the division trophy for them at the moment. What a crock.

gtexan02 12-17-2012 11:32 AM

Man, reading the thread, I certainly didn't get the impression you gave through your slected quotes...

Most people admit we are the better team and deserved the division crown

Tailgate 12-17-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 2082238)
Man, reading the thread, I certainly didn't get the impression you gave through your slected quotes...

Most people admit we are the better team and deserved the division crown

Lol, its a smack thread cmon! There is certainly voice of reason, but not as many as I thought and a couple of them are from other teams.

gtexan02 12-17-2012 11:41 AM

Here are some more quotes..

Quote:

But... they do own the division this year. I mean, that's pretty much fact.
Quote:

As of now, we simply don't have the talent to keep up with them. We do have the team to be able to beat them, but they have a deeper and more complete roster. That doesn't mean that their reign will last very long though. I think today was their third win of the season against a team with a winning record. But they have earned the division crown, so kudos to them for that.
Quote:

They are the kings of the south...for now. But weary is the head that wears the crown. The Colts are like Cassius...they have that lean and hungry look.
Quote:

Texans won it fair & square.

And it doesn't look like it is going to be anyone but the Colts & Texans next year.

It could turn out to be quite the rivalry in the next couple years.
Quote:

The Texans could very well have it next year. But the colts are like rock and roll, they will never die.
Quote:

Texans won it fair and square...so they deserve some praise...but...as in all things..what goes up, must come down...maybe next year is our year again to begin another long run of AFC South Championships...
Quote:

No Texans own this division. Beat us than we will see but for now 2 consecutive division titles. No I do it want you to be impressed just saying.
Quote:

They do for now they have won it the past two years and are 5-0 vs. the South this year and are combined 9-2 vs. it the past two years and one of those two loses came in a game where they rested their starters.
Quote:

You may not like this, but in NFL circles, from top to bottom, that is considered a very, very good roster.

Easily top-8, and that's the top quarter of the entire league.
etc

Just pointing it out. Many of their fans give us props. They are a major rival... I would hope they weren't gushing about us-- especially since we play again in 2 weeks

gtexan02 12-17-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 2082242)
Lol, its a smack thread cmon! There is certainly voice of reason, but not as many as I thought and a couple of them are from other teams.

LOL, I totally missed the forum. I thought this was in the NFL forum and was a legitimate complaint about Colts fans.

I'll get my smack on, then.

I can't stand the Colts. They are one of my least favorite teams. Going from Peyton to Luck shouldn't have been allowed. They purposefully tanked last year and its obvious this year, because Luck hasn't been that much better than the QB output they got last season.

I don't see them passing us in the division for a long, long time. I hope Luck throws 3-4 picks in the playoffs and completely regresses from that point onward

thunderkyss 12-17-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 2082220)

Just about all those thoughts have been repeated here. For the most part, there's plenty of truth. We are not the best team in the NFL, the team we were before Cushing got hurt.

We're going to be one & done if we don't start getting better starting yesterday. We're about as far away as we've ever been to a Super Bowl. They've got a lot of work to do & not a lot of time to do it.

But, if we secure HFT, we're stacking the deck the best we can to get to the Super Bowl.

They want to dream about owning the division soon.... let them. Doesn't hurt, we've been there. They'll have a head start this off-season as they'll probably be eliminated from the play-offs before we even start our post season... but so what.

gwallaia 12-17-2012 11:51 AM

In my opinion, the 3 worst by-products of the internet have been A. Spam, B. Viruses, and C. Internet Football Smack Forums

Vinny 12-17-2012 12:00 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words...

https://twitter.com/coryinhouston/st...025664/photo/1