Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Brady throws a Hissy Fit (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97027)

srrono 12-17-2012 07:51 AM

Brady throws a Hissy Fit

How this play is not UnSportsman like Conduct is beyond me but here it is.
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.n...e-12-16-12.gif
He slams the ball down then starts berating out the REF. It looked extremely bad.

qqert 12-17-2012 08:00 AM

Re: Brady throws a Hissy Fit

Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 2082076)
He slams the ball down then starts berating out the REF. It looked extremely bad.

i believe goodell is reviewing the game tape and determining how much to fine the referee.

TexanSam 12-17-2012 08:01 AM

Players complain to the refs all the time. I don't see anything that he did that should have deserved a penalty.

srrono 12-17-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanSam (Post 2082081)
Players complain to the refs all the time. I don't see anything that he did that should have deserved a penalty.

I don't know if penalties are ever called for that I just know it seemed penalty worthy. He basically showed up the ref. This should be added as a penalty during off season. How is removing your helmet a penalty & that isn't?

gtexan02 12-17-2012 08:18 AM

When did he berate or show up the ref? He didn't even look like he was addressing the ref to me.

This fanbase has a case of Brady-itis or something. He carved us up. It had little to do with the refs. Even without a few bad calls, we still would have lost by 20+

srrono 12-17-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 2082092)
When did he berate or show up the ref? He didn't even look like he was addressing the ref to me.

This fanbase has a case of Brady-itis or something. He carved us up. It had little to do with the refs. Even without a few bad calls, we still would have lost by 20+

The gif dont give it complete justice when watching game live you could see him yelling at ref

thunderkyss 12-17-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqert (Post 2082080)
i believe goodell is reviewing the game tape and determining how much to fine the referee.

The 9ers won the game anyway, so it's a moot point. But, that could have changed the game

& I don't know what some of you other guys are saying, but to slam that ball like that, that is a penalty. If that guy got a penalty for excessive celebration, that's a penalty for unsportsman like conduct.

Granted, the call is usually "delay of game" & since a time out was called, they probably couldn't really hit him with that one.

But that tantrum... he did make an effort to turn his head as if not directing it at the ref & maybe their giving him a pass because of that & they didn't want to "affect" the game any more than they should, but if they would have called it on any other player, they should have called it on him.

Like I said, if that little "look at me" in the endzone was worthy of a flag, that little tantrum was worthy.

ChampionTexan 12-17-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2082102)
The 9ers won the game anyway, so it's a moot point. But, that could have changed the game

& I don't know what some of you other guys are saying, but to slam that ball like that, that is a penalty. If that guy got a penalty for excessive celebration, that's a penalty for unsportsman like conduct.

Granted, the call is usually "delay of game" & since a time out was called, they probably couldn't really hit him with that one.

But that tantrum... he did make an effort to turn his head as if not directing it at the ref & maybe their giving him a pass because of that & they didn't want to "affect" the game any more than they should, but if they would have called it on any other player, they should have called it on him.

Like I said, if that little "look at me" in the endzone was worthy of a flag, that little tantrum was worthy.

I think Brady came across as a little biatch, but given the fact they were in a time-out (which was the cause of his temper tantrum to begin with), I'm not sure that spiking the ball is relevant. Screaming at the official (which it sure looked to me like he was doing) was another matter, and in my mind would have warranted a penalty - particularly since it was crystal clear that the Niner players were calling for the time-out well in advance of the ball being snapped.

Still, with the Niners managing to take home the victory, I'm glad it wasn't called - one less thing for the losing team to gripe about.

Playoffs 12-17-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqert (Post 2082080)

NitroGSXR 12-17-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Goodell? Is that you?

Much ado about nothing.

beerlover 12-17-2012 09:13 AM

I would like to see Brady repeat this over & over next time he plays Texans :lol:

gtexan02 12-17-2012 09:34 AM

I frequently wish Schaub was as passionate as Brady.

Vinny 12-17-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

I'd rather see that than the Gomer Pyle hang your head thing we get from Schaub....Brady being fired up is a good thing if you ask me.

Dread-Head 12-17-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerlover (Post 2082132)
I would like to see Brady repeat this over & over next time he plays Texans :lol:

Amen brother...and I HOPE it's in January.

Wolf6151 12-17-2012 01:16 PM

I think the ref. just chocked it up as a case of Brady PMS.

Goldensilence 12-17-2012 08:34 PM

Somewhere in here there deserves to be an (Again).

paycheck71 12-17-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampionTexan (Post 2082111)
I think Brady came across as a little biatch, but given the fact they were in a time-out (which was the cause of his temper tantrum to begin with), I'm not sure that spiking the ball is relevant. Screaming at the official (which it sure looked to me like he was doing) was another matter, and in my mind would have warranted a penalty - particularly since it was crystal clear that the Niner players were calling for the time-out well in advance of the ball being snapped.

Still, with the Niners managing to take home the victory, I'm glad it wasn't called - one less thing for the losing team to gripe about.

If there were no timeout, this would have been a delay of game penalty (5 yds). I guess the ref decided (or actually heard what Brady was screaming) that Brady's little tantrum wasn't directed at him.

MEGA SWATT 12-17-2012 10:30 PM

Brady is a little be a t ch

False Start 12-18-2012 09:48 AM

Reminds me of this....

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...4103V/fycc.gif

Fili 12-18-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 2082146)
I frequently wish Schaub was as passionate as Brady.

Agreed. Would be very surprised if I saw Schaub do that.