Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   This team's in trouble (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96994)

GlenRice 12-16-2012 02:44 PM

This team's in trouble

I don't care if they beat the colts, this team is fluke. The secondary is terrible. If the D line doesn't put pressure on QB in one play you can count on a long completion. The offense is inconsistent at times. The special teams is one the worst in the NFL. This team will not make it in the Superbowl let alone wining it.

thunderkyss 12-16-2012 02:53 PM

Re: This team's in trouble

Never thought I'd say that I am happy to see Keo get in the game. Yeah, that big Colts TD at the end of the half was squarely on Demps as he sat flat-footed awed at Luck's athleticism as dude ran right past him.

Demps has been fk'n up too many times, too long. I've got my eyes on Brandon Harris too, some of the calls against him are bull, but that last holding call, no doubt.... that was on him. May have saved a TD, I don't know. So he's got a little rope. But he needs to get his head out of his colon & get it into the game.

MEGA SWATT 12-16-2012 03:06 PM

You should have your new thread privileges taken away. You could have posted this in the game day thread.

11-2.

When you don't care that the team you are supposedly a fan of WINS, that is fail imo.

ziggy29 12-16-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT (Post 2080601)
You should have your new thread privileges taken away. You could have posted this in the game day thread.

11-2.

When you don't care that the team you are supposedly a fan of WINS, that is fail imo.

Agreed, but in reality this hasn't been a very good football team over the last 4-5 weeks despite the record. Needing OT to beat two bad teams, a lackluster win over the Titans, getting blown out by the Pats and now today, where the Texans will have to hang on for dear life if they win today, they have simply not been the team that sprinted out to a 7-1 record in the first half.

AMartin56 12-16-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggy29 (Post 2080722)
Agreed, but in reality this hasn't been a very good football team over the last 4-5 weeks despite the record. Needing OT to beat two bad teams, a lackluster win over the Titans, getting blown out by the Pats and now today, where the Texans will have to hang on for dear life if they win today, they have simply not been the team that sprinted out to a 7-1 record in the first half.

That is what scares me. Looks like we'll beat Indy. But it's hardly the angry 'we're going to take last week out on you' beat down I was hoping for. The other 12-2 team is blowing people out, and teams with lesser records are peaking while we continue to struggle...

Goatcheese 12-16-2012 04:02 PM

A double digit victory over a playoff team is struggling and hanging on for dear life?

Crack. Smoke less of it.

ziggy29 12-16-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatcheese (Post 2080910)
A double digit victory over a playoff team is struggling and hanging on for dear life?

Crack. Smoke less of it.

When it was 23-17, the Colts just scored a facepalm-easy TD on the ground and had momentum it wasn't a "double digit" game and at the time it did look like it would be a struggle to hold it.

But go ahead and be insulting if that's your style. I won't go there. I'm certainly glad for the wins and that this team is usually finding ways to win without its "A" game, but this hasn't been a team that has looked like a 12-2 team over the last 5 games or so.

Premier 12-16-2012 04:09 PM

the secondary isnt terrible, its actually because of the talent back there that we play man 90% of the time. pass rush outside of jj needs to step up.. its tough to leave guys 1 on 1 for long periods of time. especially when you have qbs that can make plays out of the pocket..

ATXtexanfan 12-16-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatcheese (Post 2080910)

Crack. Smoke less of it.

You see what Denver did at Baltimore plus we already seen what Brady and the boys got. Not about record its about playoffs versus the best

DexmanC 12-16-2012 04:11 PM

After years of watching this team rack up every stat in the book, but leave
the wins on the field, my complaints this season are purely constructive.

They have been leaving with the most important stat of them all, WINS,
in 12 of their 14 games. That's the best percentage in the NFL, and it's
also the most important.

Now it's time to clinch the #1 seed by winning the next 2 games. I just don't
see New England losing to San Francisco AT Foxboro.

MEGA SWATT 12-16-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mega swatt (Post 2080601)
you should have your new thread privileges taken away. You could have posted this in the game day thread.

11-2.

When you don't care that the team you are supposedly a fan of wins, that is fail imo.

12-2

fixed

TexCanada 12-16-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DexmanC (Post 2080957)
After years of watching this team rack up every stat in the book, but leave
the wins on the field, my complaints this season are purely constructive.

They have been leaving with the most important stat of them all, WINS,
in 12 of their 14 games. That's the best percentage in the NFL, and it's
also the most important.

Yes! For years we have been arguing about moral victories in losses. This team has its flaws, but they're a darn good football team who are now 12-2.

Goatcheese 12-16-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggy29 (Post 2080939)
When it was 23-17, the Colts just scored a facepalm-easy TD on the ground and had momentum it wasn't a "double digit" game and at the time it did look like it would be a struggle to hold it.

But go ahead and be insulting if that's your style. I won't go there. I'm certainly glad for the wins and that this team is usually finding ways to win without its "A" game, but this hasn't been a team that has looked like a 12-2 team over the last 5 games or so.

Maybe you should wait until the game is over before you post nonsense. Then you wouldn't come across like a person under the influence.

ziggy29 12-16-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatcheese (Post 2080963)
Maybe you should wait until the game is over before you post nonsense. Then you wouldn't come across like a person under the influence.

Guess we have no need for game threads then, do we? If we're all supposed to withhold comments or judgment until the game is over, good grief.

Marcus 12-16-2012 04:17 PM

This team is 12-2. I'm happy for that.

But . . . It's 12 wins and 2 humiliations against teams that have elite QBs.

Do I like our chances in the playoffs against these teams with their elite QBs? You can figure that one out for yourselves.

AMartin56 12-16-2012 04:17 PM

We have zero chance to win a road playoff game unless we step things up quite a bit (and recent history says we won't...I think you could make the argument that the last COMPLETE game we played was vs. The Ravens) . So winning out is looking to be a must at this point. And I'm not sure we beat Indy in Indy after how we played today.

thunderkyss 12-16-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan (Post 2080954)
You see what Denver did at Baltimore plus we already seen what Brady and the boys got. Not about record its about playoffs versus the best

Good points.

Hopefully we've got time to get better.

thunderkyss 12-16-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMartin56 (Post 2080972)
We have zero chance to win a road playoff game unless we step things up quite a bit (and recent history says we won't...I think you could make the argument that the last COMPLETE game we played was vs. The Ravens) . So winning out is looking to be a must at this point. And I'm not sure we beat Indy in Indy after how we played today.

If we take care of business, we won't be playing any road play-off games.

EllisUnit 12-16-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlenRice (Post 2080507)
I don't care if they beat the colts, this team is fluke. The secondary is terrible. If the D line doesn't put pressure on QB in one play you can count on a long completion. The offense is inconsistent at times. The special teams is one the worst in the NFL. This team will not make it in the Superbowl let alone wining it.

This team is in a little funk on both offense and defense and have till won 7 out of 8 of their last games. Get out of here with that B.S dude. i see why you have red rep.

Rey 12-16-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMartin56 (Post 2080972)

We have more than 0 chance.

I wouldn't put my money on it, but I hope we could pull it out.