Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Something happened (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96883)

thunderkyss 12-11-2012 10:55 PM

Something happened

Last year about this time. Antonio & Brooks took it to another level. They turned it on and started to Help Barwin & Watt. If we can make it happen again, this time with Mercy & Barwin & Antonio turning it on & making something happen from here to the Super Bowl.

MEGA SWATT 12-11-2012 10:57 PM

Re: Something happened

They need to do it quick....

Norg 12-12-2012 12:57 AM

uhh around this time last year we got our ass kicked by Cam newton and the panthers ......

ThaShark316 12-12-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norg (Post 2077452)
uhh around this time last year we got our ass kicked by Cam newton and the panthers ......

Which sort of makes Fiddler's point...

We got our asses kicked...woke up on defense, etc.

JCTexan 12-12-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaShark316 (Post 2077454)

Actually Houston lost three in a row to Indianapolis, Tennessee & Carolina to end the regular season last year. Wade Phillips had surgery and missed that three game span.

ThaShark316 12-12-2012 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 2077458)
Actually Houston lost three in a row to Indianapolis, Tennessee & Carolina to end the regular season last year. Wade Phillips had surgery and missed that three game span.

Oh I know that much. In the playoffs though, they were MONEY.

thunderkyss 12-12-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 2077458)

We blamed most of that on the rookie QB & the tiny play book. This is when JJ Watt started to take over games.

Bulls on Parade 12-12-2012 05:58 AM

The Texans didn't control their own destiny for the 1st seed in the AFC going into the final three games last year. They have a huge opportunity to do something special this year. I think the 49ers will beat the Patriots on Sunday Night so the Texans need to win two of their final three games -- they may be able to rest players the final game at Indianapolis but they definitely have to win the next two games at home against the Colts and Vikings.

HJam72 12-12-2012 06:13 AM

This Sunday is a must-win. If we don't win it, we're not even the best team in our division (anymore since early in the season). Get it done. I don't care about records and, "Oh, we'll still have the best record in our division, blah, blah..." That's great, but if we can't beat Indy in Houston after we got embarrassed, we are not even the best in our division....let alone Superbowl talk.

thunderkyss 12-12-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72 (Post 2077481)
This Sunday is a must-win. If we don't win it, we're not even the best team in our division (anymore since early in the season). Get it done. I don't care about records and, "Oh, we'll still have the best record in our division, blah, blah..." That's great, but if we can't beat Indy in Houston after we got embarrassed, we are not even the best in our division....let alone Superbowl talk.

You should know who the better team is in the division by now regardless of win loss record.

We had a discussion last week where some people were upset that we were called "pretenders" even though we beat the Broncos (a contender) & Baltimore (another division leader).

Our W-L record was built & padded playing a weak schedule (the weakest we've ever played in the Kubiak era) & that has afforded us some lee-way. But it did not mean that we were better than the 9-3 Patriots.

It doesn't mean that we're better than the 9-4 Colts.

You've got to look at how the teams are playing. The Broncos are playing better than we are now. The Patriots (D'uh) are playing better than we are right now. That's it (in the AFC).

We're not playing our best football right now, but what we are, is still better than the Colts. The Colts are more inline with the Titans & the Jags & we beat those teams & we'll beat the Colts. If they are closer to the Titans we'll win by two scores. If they are closer to the Jags, it'll probably go to overtime. But they will do something stupid that will cost them the game.

That's who they are.

EllisUnit 12-12-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaShark316 (Post 2077454)

Luckly for us that just happened I guess....

thunderkyss 12-12-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2077541)
Luckly for us that just happened I guess....

My point is that something similar happened about this time last year & Jj Watt became a man possessed. The last three games of the season he started taking over games the way I've never seen a defensive rookie do.

We lost those three games, but it wasn't because of our defense.

I'm hoping the shellacking that happened Monday night sparks that same kind of whatever.

It wasn't just Watt either. Brooks, Barwin, & Antonio took it to another level that lasted through the play-offs. That's what we need right now.

Watt hasn't let down since that game in Indy last year. The others have been milk carton art for much of 2012. We need them to "turn it on"

76Texan 12-12-2012 09:05 AM

Reliant is going to rock!

Better be prepared for a 2-month long party, y'all. :cow:

thunderkyss 12-17-2012 11:48 AM

Maybe...

Maybe it's too early to say.

But I think I saw that something yesterday.

Tailgate 12-17-2012 11:52 AM

Watt is going to get his. Antonio Smith is key:

Quote:

(Smith on the pressure he put on Indianapolis QB Andrew Luck) I made up my mind last week when I walked off that field that each and every thing I do from the rest of this year is going to be aggressive and how I used to play when I was younger and Im not going to leave anything on the field.* I remember walking off the field a loser in the Super Bowl years passed and Christ has given me another chance to be here again and Im not going to let it go.

BullNation4Life 12-17-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 2082261)
Watt is going to get his. Antonio Smith is key:

huh, well that statement is kinda damaging for the ninja's persona. So basically he is saying the he takes plays off and NOW he is gonna get started?

Why wouldn't he do that from day 1 of the season?

Vinny 12-17-2012 11:58 AM

I know what happened...Pats had a good Oline and found a way to contain Watt. FF one week and a miserable Colts line had no shot against Watt. Shut down Watt...you shut down this defense.

76Texan 12-17-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullNation4Life (Post 2082263)
huh, well that statement is kinda damaging for the ninja's persona. So basically he is saying the he takes plays off and NOW he is gonna get started?

Why wouldn't he do that from day 1 of the season?

Same thing with AJ.

He said the Pats game is the biggest game in franchise history.

He said to come out and watch them play against the Colts.

Does that mean he's been taking play off the whole year?

:)

Tailgate 12-17-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 2082265)
I know what happened...Pats had a good Oline and found a way to contain Watt. FF one week and a miserable Colts line had no shot against Watt. Shut down Watt...you shut down this defense.

Not if Smith plays to his full potential. They will BOTH have to have monster play in the postseason.

Hervoyel 12-17-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 2082265)

Yeah, can't argue with that. That is when someone else has to step up and get it done. When I look at the guys we have out there I see that Smith & Barwin are both capable of doing that but so far we haven't seen much of it from them. Mercilus maybe could too. Don't know.

If nobody else steps up you're right, we're done.