Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Brandon Harris (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96847)

CretorFrigg 12-11-2012 12:02 AM

Brandon Harris
 
Now McCain doesn't seem so bad anymore...

What a scrub. No wonder he wasn't getting any playing time. I'm dedicating this thread to him.

Tailgate 12-11-2012 12:03 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
No wonder we were "bringing him along slowly".

Mr. Texan 12-11-2012 12:04 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
hurry up and put rout out there :kitten:

fiasco west 12-11-2012 12:05 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
Now we know why he does not play much.

DocBar 12-11-2012 12:05 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
Harris will be fine. I'd rather see him a bit over-physical now and learn to tone it down(and play a team without the refs in their back pocket). The refs are very culpable in the scoring disparity. That was a bull**** game as far as reffing goes.

CretorFrigg 12-11-2012 12:06 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 2076421)
No wonder we were "bringing him along slowly".

Seriously. You'd expect more from a 2nd round pick. Didn't we trade up to get him?

hradhak 12-11-2012 12:06 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
Part of me wishes that he got more NB reps earlier in the season when we didn't need him. I think to some extent you gotta bring these guys on slowly, but until they get reps there's no way to get em good.

Because of his draft status, he's on this team, so may as well get him reps cuz God knows when he'll get him in the game.

To be fair, I think the TD, he wasn't the primary coverage, Demps was. But that hold early in the game was terrible.

Rey 12-11-2012 12:07 AM

I thought Harris was ok. Yeah he got beat..so did everyone else out there...

DocBar 12-11-2012 12:10 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CretorFrigg (Post 2076428)
Seriously. You'd expect more from a 2nd round pick. Didn't we trade up to get him?

He's looked better, in two games than KJ looked in his first 16 games. I find it hard to fault aggressiveness in young players. They will learn the intricacies over time. Besides, the refs sucked so hard it should be scandelous.

Brisco_County 12-11-2012 12:10 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
The key weakness in the defense tonight was not Brandon Harris.

Hervoyel 12-11-2012 12:13 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocBar (Post 2076427)
Harris will be fine. I'd rather see him a bit over-physical now and learn to tone it down(and play a team without the refs in their back pocket). The refs are very culpable in the scoring disparity. That was a bull**** game as far as reffing goes.

Are you kidding me? He's not over-physical, he's completely lost out there half the time and grabbing guys just to keep from being blown up completely.

Harris is about as bad a corner as I've seen the Texans run out there and I'm kind of surprised he's still with the team. I guess they're reluctant to kick a second rounder to the curb so soon. We're lucky he wasn't taken in the first or he'd be starting I guess.

TexanSam 12-11-2012 12:14 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocBar (Post 2076436)
He's looked better, in two games than KJ looked in his first 16 games. I find it hard to fault aggressiveness in young players. They will learn the intricacies over time. Besides, the refs sucked so hard it should be scandelous.

I thought so too. Not that that says much since a wounded horse could play better than KJ did as a rookie, but Harris looked okay at times. He stayed with his man...he just doesn't know how to turn around.

BullNation4Life 12-11-2012 12:18 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocBar (Post 2076436)
He's looked better, in two games than KJ looked in his first 16 games.

that bar isn't set very high, well unless you are an ant, then the bar is very high...

Sorry but Harris looks absolutely lost...

TheMatrix31 12-11-2012 12:21 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
I hope this mother****er never sees a football field again. At least in our uniform. Leave that guy in Massachusetts.

hradhak 12-11-2012 12:23 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanSam (Post 2076447)
I thought so too. Not that that says much since a wounded horse could play better than KJ did as a rookie, but Harris looked okay at times. He stayed with his man...he just doesn't know how to turn around.

At some point he has gotta get reps. I'm disappointed that he hasn't done so, and when a big game comes along he's thrown in there.

How long were you going to keep him out? KJ has finally shown that he gets it. He may not be great, but he has made plays. Harris needs time and reps before we say he is a wash.

Bigbots_02 12-11-2012 12:26 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocBar (Post 2076427)
Harris will be fine. I'd rather see him a bit over-physical now and learn to tone it down(and play a team without the refs in their back pocket). The refs are very culpable in the scoring disparity. That was a bull**** game as far as reffing goes.

Agreed

thunderkyss 12-11-2012 12:30 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
Put me down on Harris side. I still like what I see.

Marcus 12-11-2012 12:31 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
Before some of you want to declare half of the defense an all out trash bust, you might remind yourselves that here was a halfway decent quarterback playing on the other side.

It might help to put it in perspective a little bit and remember it was Tom Brady that they were dealing with, I dunno . . .

CretorFrigg 12-11-2012 12:33 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 2076487)
Before some of you want to declare half of the defense an all out trash bust, you might remind yourselves that here was a halfway decent quarterback playing on the other side.

It might help to put it in perspective a little bit and remember it was Tom Brady that they were dealing with, I dunno . . .

I understand an elite QB like Tom Brady is going to make plays. But do realize that both teams had their starting QBs on the bench by the 4th quarter because it was that bad.

TheMatrix31 12-11-2012 12:33 AM

Re: Brandon Harris
 
Doesn't matter. We're a good team, and we can't be wasting any ****ing time with rookies who make such disastrous mistakes.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger