Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Underdogs again (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96773)

Hagar 12-07-2012 08:56 PM

Underdogs again

Vegas has the Pats at 7-2 to win and everybody on the NFL channel's AFC Playbook took the Pats.

Sterling Sharp
Donivan McNabb
Brian Baldinger

Looks like we're underdogs again.

CloakNNNdagger 12-07-2012 09:05 PM

Re: Underdogs again

Let them continue their delusionary thinking.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XmWg7QG8dr...255B1%255D.jpg
WILL TRIUMPH OVER THE BULLIES.:texflag:

Texan_Bill 12-07-2012 09:09 PM

As I heard it, the Texans are 4 1/2 dogs... Meh, that's not that bad.

While I think we may lose this game, I can see I us beating the spread...

OKAY, that said, let's win this mofo (and I dont care if its ugly or not), just win!!!!

Goatcheese 12-07-2012 09:12 PM

Come at me, bro!

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/1031...j_g_mp_576.jpg

Bro..
Bro, come at me.

infantrycak 12-07-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 2073508)
As I heard it, the Texans are 4 1/2 dogs... Meh, that's not that bad.

That's where the line opened. It's at 3.5 now.

Texan_Bill 12-07-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2073518)

Damn!!! Thanks Chris!

djohn2oo8 12-07-2012 09:31 PM

Good...Id rather be underdogs than everyone be hypin us then get smoked like in the Green Bay game

TheDream34 12-07-2012 09:41 PM

We're playing against one of the greatest quarterbacks ever in a stadium where they haven't lost a game in December in ten years. I'm not surprised one bit we're underdogs.

TEXANRED 12-07-2012 11:29 PM

Again? Isnt this the first time we have been underdogs all season?

Showtime100 12-07-2012 11:44 PM

So the hunter is 11-1 while the hunted is 9-3. I like that formula. :texflag:

Arky 12-08-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANRED (Post 2073569)
Again? Isnt this the first time we have been underdogs all season?

Yep.

Next closest was the Chicago game which officially went into the books as "0" (pick'em).

mussop 12-08-2012 02:17 AM

We should be the underdogs in this game. This is the best offense we have played against (#1 in NFL) since Green Bay and look at what they did to us. Throw in the fact that our pass D has really sucked big time the several weeks and I don't see how anyone could view us as the favorite. I'm surprised the line isn't much higher.

The only way I see us winning this game is if we can dominate the time of possession AND our defense gets a couple of turnovers at the right time or gets ALOT of pressure on Brady.

We can do it, but it's going to be very hard.

BullNation4Life 12-08-2012 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mussop (Post 2073599)
We should be the underdogs in this game. This is the best offense we have played against (#1 in NFL) since Green Bay and look at what they did to us. Throw in the fact that our pass D has really sucked big time the several weeks and I don't see how anyone could view us as the favorite. I'm surprised the line isn't much higher.

The only way I see us winning this game is if we can dominate the time of possession AND our defense gets a couple of turnovers at the right time or gets ALOT of pressure on Brady.

We can do it, but it's going to be very hard.

I like how everybody seems to forget how porous NE's defense is )26th) and that the Texans offense is ranked 5th in the NFL. So because it's Tom Brady, the Texans automatically cannot score?

interesting...very interesting....

mussop 12-08-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullNation4Life (Post 2073605)
I like how everybody seems to forget how porous NE's defense is )26th) and that the Texans offense is ranked 5th in the NFL. So because it's Tom Brady, the Texans automatically cannot score?

interesting...very interesting....

I know exactly what we should be able to do to their defense. The question is can we keep up with them? We don't exactly light up the score board for 4 quarters consistently. You seem to have forgot that our defense has given up 454 yards a game for the last three games. Only Jacksonville has been worse.

Our secondary is a mash unit and Tom Brady is an elite QB. That's exactly why I said we need to keep the ball out of his hands and either create a couple of timely turnovers or get lots of pressure on him early and often if we want to win. I also said we can do it but that its going to be hard.

Hardcore Texan 12-08-2012 08:00 AM

I love the way this game is setting up. Not many people are giving us a chance, some of our own fans even.

Our team is going to come out strong and take it to them, I can't wait! Then we will get to here all the lame excuses from the media like it was a fluke, what's wrong with the pats, blah blah blah, instead of giving the Texans credit.

76Texan 12-08-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2073518)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 2073524)
Damn!!! Thanks Chris!

Quite a few lines have now been reduces to 3, with the money started shifting towards the Pats.

Before the season started it was slated at 6.5

I like our chance a whole lot more now.

76Texan 12-08-2012 09:48 PM

Vegas is now issuing a memo for a colder night with snowfall up to one inch.

The lines are now uniform at 3-1/2.

Aren't they the Football god or what? LOL

HJam72 12-09-2012 06:35 AM

I can't predict jack until I know if J. Joseph will play and at what percentage he will be. If he's 100%, which I really doubt will happen by Monday night, we will win. What will he be? 80%? 50%? Not play at all? Makes a big freaking difference. It's the reason our secondary has overall sucked for several games now, and it's the reason Aaron Rogers lit us up.

thunderkyss 12-09-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72 (Post 2074038)
It's the reason our secondary has overall sucked for several games now, and it's the reason Aaron Rogers lit us up.

Aaron Rogers was throwing the ball to receivers that were well covered. I don't think poor play in our secondary was the reason for that.

HJam72 12-09-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2074040)
Aaron Rogers was throwing the ball to receivers that were well covered. I don't think poor play in our secondary was the reason for that.

Well, I should've said part of the reason. Not denying the guy has talent.