Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   For years friends of mine used to tell me.... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96732)

EllisUnit 12-06-2012 06:13 PM

For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
If the texans win the superbowl it will be the end of the world. You know the funny sarcastic expression that everyone says while trying to talk bad about things. Its just sort of funny we are 11-1 and in 11 days it will be Dec 21, 2012.

Them Mother****ers better not of been right :wadepalm:. We picked a hell of a year to finally get good huh.

Disclaimer - I do not think the world will end Dec 21 2012, nor should you. Just thought it was kind of Ironic (yes thats right fiddler, Ironic) they always said this to me and we are 11-1 on the year the Mayans predicted then end.

Thorn 12-06-2012 06:31 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Those silly Mayans. They're just pissed we stole the potato from them. Or was that the Aztecs? In any case, they all left in their UFOs once the white man invaded. I know this to be true because they said so on TV.

htownfan32 12-06-2012 06:36 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2072736)
Those silly Mayans. They're just pissed we stole the potato from them. Or was that the Aztecs? In any case, they all left in their UFOs once the white man invaded. I know this to be true because they said so on TV.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...ent-aliens.jpg

thunderkyss 12-06-2012 06:46 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2072736)
Those silly Mayans. They're just pissed we stole the potato from them. Or was that the Aztecs? In any case, they all left in their UFOs once the white man invaded. I know this to be true because they said so on TV.

psssh.. TV is so 20th Century.

Now had you said internet, I'd believe you.

powda 12-06-2012 06:48 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Really dont get all the drama about this mayan calender thing. I think the guy making it went above and beyond to go this far into the future. He had to stop somewhere right? And as long as there are no archaeological discoveries of bulls resembling toro in their temples, I dont see a connection with the texans.

Silly people and all this apocalypse crap. It has nothing to do with mayans. Its a solar flare thats gonna do it.

EllisUnit 12-06-2012 06:51 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by powda (Post 2072747)
Really dont get all the drama about this mayan calender thing. I think the guy making it went above and beyond to go this far into the future. He had to stop somewhere right? And as long as there are no archaeological discoveries of bulls resembling toro in their temples, I dont see a connection with the texans.

Silly people and all this apocalypse crap. It has nothing to do with mayans. Its a solar flare thats gonna do it.

Rumor has it he ran out of stone, none the less the bastard should of got a new stone as to not freak out all the freaky gulible people.

DBCooper 12-06-2012 06:53 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2072750)
Rumor has it he ran out of stone, none the less the bastard should of got a new stone as to not freak out all the freaky gulible people.

Maybe it WAS the end of the world....for him, that's why he didn't go any further.

thunderkyss 12-06-2012 06:58 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DBCooper (Post 2072752)
Maybe it WAS the end of the world....for him, that's why he didn't go any further.

Maybe he got bored.

powda 12-06-2012 07:00 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DBCooper (Post 2072752)
Maybe it WAS the end of the world....for him, that's why he didn't go any further.

I dunno. How profitable could it have been back then to make calendars? They didnt have a "Mrs. February" in a swimsuit or anything. He probably sold all the calendars he could, quit, and started planting corn.

ThaJokaa 12-06-2012 07:13 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Well technically The Mayan Dec 21st already passed since they didnt have leap years when the calendar was made. The "Leap Year" came way after, unless the dude that made it knew and calculated it in with out telling anyone that he knew some one was going to invent the leap year.

C Madd 12-06-2012 07:21 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaJokaa (Post 2072766)
Well technically The Mayan Dec 21st already passed since they didnt have leap years when the calendar was made. The "Leap Year" came way after, unless the dude that made it knew and calculated it in with out telling anyone that he knew some one was going to invent the leap year.

You would think that if the Mayans were that good at predicting things, they would have seen the Spanish coming to destroy their entire civilization.

Thorn 12-06-2012 07:24 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaJokaa (Post 2072766)
Well technically The Mayan Dec 21st already passed since they didnt have leap years when the calendar was made. The "Leap Year" came way after, unless the dude that made it knew and calculated it in with out telling anyone that he knew some one was going to invent the leap year.

Not according to this.

Quote:

An ancient Maya text has emerged from the jungles of Guatemala confirming the so-called "end date" of the Maya calendar, Dec. 21, 2012.

Considered one of the most significant hieroglyphic finds in decades, the 1,300-year-old inscription contains only the second known reference to the "end date," but does not predict doomsday.

"The text talks about ancient political history rather than prophecy," Marcello A. Canuto, director of Tulane University's Middle American Research Institute, said
http://news.discovery.com/history/ma...te-120629.html

powda 12-06-2012 07:26 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by C Madd (Post 2072775)
You would think that if the Mayans were that good at predicting things, they would have seen the Spanish coming to destroy their entire civilization.

Spanish? Dont they teach anything in school these days? It was al queda.

EllisUnit 12-06-2012 07:26 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by C Madd (Post 2072775)
You would think that if the Mayans were that good at predicting things, they would have seen the Spanish coming to destroy their entire civilization.

AND this is the reason i have never believed that crap.....

ThaJokaa 12-06-2012 07:29 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Quote:

"What this text shows us is that in times of crisis, the ancient Maya used their calendar to promote continuity and stability rather than predict apocalypse," Canuto said.

So it's not the end? But peace?

EllisUnit 12-06-2012 07:30 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaJokaa (Post 2072786)
So it's not the end? But peace?

Acording to King James, peace is the end :cowboy1:

ThaJokaa 12-06-2012 07:32 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
The end of what?

EllisUnit 12-06-2012 07:33 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaJokaa (Post 2072793)
The end of what?

The beginning of the end. Revelations....anyone.

ThaJokaa 12-06-2012 07:37 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Only thing we can do is wait I guess

EllisUnit 12-06-2012 07:40 PM

Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaJokaa (Post 2072800)
Only thing we can do is wait I guess

haha i am not waiting.

Although sometimes i am talking to someone i look away and they are gone like they disappeared and i'm like damn they must not of been sinners :smiliedance:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger