Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NFL Week 14 (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96700)

thunderkyss 12-05-2012 08:02 PM

NFL Week 14

Lots of good games coming this weekend. Ours has top billing & it should. But a lot of teams play-off fate will be determined this weekend. The games I am most interested in are:
  1. Ravens @ RedSkins
    I don't think the Giants will win their division. I understand they can flip a switch & all that, but I'm just not "feeling it" They may get in as a Wild-Card & win it all, so I'm not counting them completely out, I just don't see them winning their division.

RG III has looked amazing all year long. But it looks to me like the rest of the team is hitting their stride as well. They are fun to watch, both offensively & defensively. They ran the ball extremely well Sunday & had been doing a good job most of the year. I think they win the NFC East

The Ravens, the real story of this game because if they lose, it widens the gap between our teams. Doesn't look like we're going to need it, but every little bit helps.
  2. Cowboys @ Bengals
    I'd like to see the Cowboys win the East. But the deck is stacked against them as their schedule appears to be more difficult than the 'Skins. All they need (imo) is a run game & an OC that knows how to control a game. DeMarco Murray back should help the former. But it is yet to be seen that their play-caller (Garrett) understands the latter.

But I like the Bengals. I Like the Bengals to win the AFC North & that can't happen if they lose this game. Best case scenario, is for these guys to win the 4th seed. (Texans, Patriots, Broncos, Bengals, Steelers, Ravens) Bengals beat the Steelers, Broncos beat the Ravens. New England beat the Broncos, We beat the Bengals. I don't want to play New England & the Broncos.... but I also want no part of the Ravens/Steelers.

Plus, if the Bengals win the division, we don't have to play the Ravens or Steelers next year.

Anyway, those are the games I'll be watching this weekend (No Texans 'til Monday) which games are you looking forward to?

BorrowMe 12-05-2012 08:45 PM

I think next week's games are gonna be better. Way better. Can't wait!

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

JCTexan 12-05-2012 11:23 PM

Re: NFL Week 14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2072132)
Anyway, those are the games I'll be watching this weekend (No Texans 'til Monday) which games are you looking forward to?

Outside of the two you listed I don't see another game, and I'm not really sold on either of those matchups being special.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BorrowMe (Post 2072157)
I think next week's games are gonna be better. Way better. Can't wait!

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

THIS! Outside of the NE-Htown game this week I would pick the top five games next week over any game this week. Some of the marquee games next week include: Denver @ Baltimore, San Francisco @ New England, New York G @ Atlanta, Green Bay @ Chicago, Pittsburgh @ Dallas (Bal-Wsh might be ahead of this matchup). And that's not including the first time the Texans get to face Andrew Luck. :texflag:

Norg 12-06-2012 02:28 AM

if the raiders can show up in the black hole and beat denver that would realllyyyy help us

b0ng 12-06-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norg (Post 2072252)
if the raiders can show up in the black hole and beat denver that would realllyyyy help us

Don't hold your breath.

ChampionTexan 12-06-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2072132)
  • Cowboys @ Bengals
    I'd like to see the Cowboys win the East. But the deck is stacked against them as their schedule appears to be more difficult than the 'Skins. All they need (imo) is a run game & an OC that knows how to control a game. DeMarco Murray back should help the former. But it is yet to be seen that their play-caller (Garrett) understands the latter.

But I like the Bengals. I Like the Bengals to win the AFC North & that can't happen if they lose this game. Best case scenario, is for these guys to win the 4th seed. (Texans, Patriots, Broncos, Bengals, Steelers, Ravens) Bengals beat the Steelers, Broncos beat the Ravens. New England beat the Broncos, We beat the Bengals. I don't want to play New England & the Broncos.... but I also want no part of the Ravens/Steelers.

Plus, if the Bengals win the division, we don't have to play the Ravens or Steelers next year.

If the Bengals win, and the Cowboys end up missing the playoffs (both of which I believe will occur), this game may end up being Mike Zimmer's audition to be the next Cowboys HC.

Showtime100 12-06-2012 07:31 PM

I'm getting the Broncos - Raiders in spanish. Anybody else?

Thorn 12-06-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime100 (Post 2072792)
I'm getting the Broncos - Raiders in spanish. Anybody else?

You sure it's not Mayan?

Showtime100 12-06-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2072803)
You sure it's not Mayan?

Pretty good Thorn, but is anybody else getting this game in Spanish?

If this is a Grande decision they will lose a lot of business.

Thorn 12-06-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime100 (Post 2072838)
Pretty good Thorn, but is anybody else getting this game in Spanish?

If this is a Grande decision they will lose a lot of business.

Just checked, mine is in English. Comcast cable.

Wolf 12-09-2012 12:18 PM

Week 13 games

Cowboys up 3-0 on the Bengals

Washington up 7-0 on Ravens

rice just ran a 46 yarded to get to wash 30

brakos82 12-09-2012 12:19 PM

Re: Week 13 games

Cutloler

Wolf 12-09-2012 12:19 PM

Boudin catches a TD pass
7-7 now

Wolf 12-09-2012 12:22 PM

Titans up 7-0

Bengals now made it 7-3 on the cowboys

Wolf 12-09-2012 12:27 PM

Vikes up 14-0 on the bears

Tailgate 12-09-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf (Post 2074121)
Vikes up 14-0 on the bears

Peterson is a monster

thunderkyss 12-09-2012 12:50 PM

Whoa, up until that pick, the Bengals were looking unstoppable against the Cowboys D.

EllisUnit 12-09-2012 01:10 PM

Get off Lucks Jock, Damn commentators.

blah blah blah blah they can suck his **** after the game. Just saying.

GlassHalfFull 12-09-2012 01:13 PM

Go Titans.

Yuck. Now I have to go take a shower.

EllisUnit 12-09-2012 01:13 PM

Re: Get off Lucks Jock, Damn commentators.

WOW the colts have a terrible O-line