Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Brice McCain broken foot (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96640)

ThaShark316 12-03-2012 02:48 PM

Brice McCain broken foot

Quote:

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26

Texans CB Brice McCain suffered a broken foot yesterday and had surgery today.
Damn...

CretorFrigg 12-03-2012 02:50 PM

Re: Brice McCain broken foot

Well, time for all of the CBs to step up. NEXT MAN UP!

TexanSam 12-03-2012 02:50 PM

Well damn. That blows big time. Who replaces him? Move Quin back to corner and resign Troy Nolan?

LonerATO 12-03-2012 02:51 PM

Some one on the offensive side of the ball.......

CloakNNNdagger 12-03-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanSam (Post 2070650)
Well damn. That blows big time. Who replaces him? Move Quin back to corner and resign Troy Nolan?

This wouldn't surprise me.

TheIronDuke 12-03-2012 02:57 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing what Pleasant can do!

76Texan 12-03-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CretorFrigg (Post 2070649)
Well, time for all of the CBs to step up. NEXT MAN UP!

How long will he be out?

This late in the season, can we count on him to be back "effectively" in the play-offs?

I guess it's time for Harris to step up; it's not like McCain is having a great year anyway (not knocking him at all).

Maybe we'll see a little more Nickel than Dime now, especially with the Pats not having their premier TE in the line-up.

76Texan 12-03-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

That's a possibility, I think!

Dutchrudder 12-03-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2070655)
How long will he be out?

This late in the season, can we count on him to be back "effectively" in the play-offs?

I guess it's time for Harris to step up; it's not like McCain is having a great year anyway (not knocking him at all).

Maybe we'll see a little more Nickel than Dime now, especially with the Pats not having their premier TE in the line-up.

Tania Ganguli of the Houston Chonicle just tweeted:

"CB Brice McCain had surgery this morning to repair his broken foot. He'll be out about 6 weeks, per a person familiar w/injury"

A first round bye would mean he could be ready for the first playoff game.

deucetx 12-03-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Not a bad option. I would guess it depends on Jonathan Joseph's status and maybe Ball too. The good thing about the secondary is the flexibility because you have essentially two corners at safety. If Joseph is back then Quin or Manning could play the slot. It was Manning's speciality with the Bears before the final move to safety.

I would suspect though that Harris would get the nickle duties as he didn't look bad last game. Heh, in fact, he had the highest coverage rating on PFF for our secondary players last game surprisingly enough. But your suggestion would work as Demps could start and Nolan take over Demps previous duties while Quin held opposite of KJ. Really like the flexibility but I think Harris may be able to handle slot.

Then again...that is Wes Welker so that would be a heck of a step up for Harris. They do say it's best to just leap in the pool rather than dipping your toe in.

Exascor 12-03-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2070659)

"CB Brice McCain had surgery this morning to repair his broken foot. He'll be out about 6 weeks, per a person familiar w/injury"

Damn...that's around the AFC Championship game.

Vinnie 12-03-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2070655)
How long will he be out?

I guess it depends on what he broke. I broke a metatarsal when I was a freshman and I was in a cast for six weeks. After the cast was off I was full steam ahead.

CretorFrigg 12-03-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie (Post 2070663)
I guess it depends on what he broke. I broke a metatarsal when I was a freshman and I was in a cast for six weeks. After the cast was off I was full steam ahead.

That's encouraging. We could get him back when we need him the most.

Exascor 12-03-2012 03:33 PM

McCain will be placed on IR with the designation to return. He'll be out until the Superbowl. <per Kubuiak presser>

Hervoyel 12-03-2012 03:47 PM

Why would we move Quin back to corner and screw up our bitchin (yeah, I'm bringing it back) SS/FS combo? Just get Joseph back, Ball back, and everyone else step up. What in the hell was Brandon Harris drafted for if not for this exact situation?

alphajoker 12-03-2012 03:49 PM

Looks like its time for Harris and Carmichael to step up. Harris did look fairly decent yesterday.

Tailgate 12-03-2012 03:51 PM

McClain on twitter says Harris will move inside to replace McCain. Which means he will be on Welker alot.

CloakNNNdagger 12-03-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2070659)

It's difficult to try to figure out what PART of the foot was fractured (metatarsal vs toe), but most uncomplicated and undisplaced foot fractures can and are treated nonsurgically with a healing period anywhere from 4-6 weeks. If it is a displaced, multiple or comminuted (splintered) fracture, surgery is usually performed to stabilize with pins, screws or plates. Healing period can be considered possible as soon as 6 weeks, but not unusually 8 weeks or longer depending on the circumstances. We've seen some players come back from a lower leg fracture as soon as 6 weeks, but the stress placed on the leg is very much different than on a foot. And there is a matter of getting back into playing shape. I'm not sure how prepared he will be to jump up and down and push off with his foot even with a protective nonyielding orthotic he will likely be wearing. How all of this impacts and plays into a "desirable" return to effective play in 6 weeks is at best unpredictable.

srrono 12-03-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 2070692)
McClain on twitter says Harris will move inside to replace McCain. Which means he will be on Welker alot.

Ouch If you got Welker on your fantasy team starting him just might not suck lol Hopefully Welker catches a serious case dropanitous

Exascor 12-03-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2070697)
It's difficult to try to figure out what PART of the foot was fractured (metatarsal vs toe), but most uncomplicated and undisplaced foot fractures can and are treated nonsurgically with a healing period anywhere from 4-6 weeks. If it is a displaced, multiple or comminuted (splintered) fracture, surgery is usually performed to stabilize with pins, screws or plates. Healing period can be considered possible as soon as 6 weeks, but not unusually 8 weeks or longer depending on the circumstances. We've seen some players come back from a lower leg fracture as soon as 6 weeks, but the stress placed on the leg is very much different than on a foot. And there is a matter of getting back into playing shape. I'm not sure how prepared he will be to jump up and down and push off with his foot even with a protective nonyielding orthotic he will likely be wearing. How all of this impacts and plays into a "desirable" return to effective play in 6 weeks is at best unpredictable.

Kubiak said McCain had a screw put in his foot if that helps. =)