Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Suh points, laughs at concussed tackle (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96636)

gtexan02 12-03-2012 10:34 AM

Suh points, laughs at concussed tackle

Quote:

The Indianapolis Star reported that Suh and his teammates were seen pointing at, laughing and dancing over the Colts' Winston Justice after the Lions' defensive tackle knocked down the Indianapolis offensive tackle after cornerback Don Carey intercepted Andrew Luck in the fourt quarter of Detroit's loss. Justice suffered a concussion on the play.

The scene infuriated Colts right tackle Mike McGlynn, who according to the Star was seen confronting Suh after Luck's game-winning touchdown pass to Donnie Avery with no time remaining.

"Totally ignorant on their part Just childish stuff," McGlynn told the newspaper. "We're all battling out there; I don't know if the hit was legal or not, but clearly he was hurt, and they're out there dancing and pointing at him and laughing. Just blatant disrespect. They're good players, but there's no room for that. It's disgusting, really."

McGlynn said players on the Colts would never act that way if a player on the Lions was hurt on a play.

"If that had happened to one of their players, we'd never do something like that. But that's what makes (the Colts' win) even sweeter. That's why they lose. I hope they never win another game," he told the newspaper.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...t-lions-antics

Dutchrudder 12-03-2012 10:51 AM

Re: Suh points, laughs at concussed tackle

Anyone know of a video of this? I sure would like to see it. It would be even better if he was Mic'd Up for that game, maybe then the league can suspend him for a few more games.

ziggy29 12-03-2012 02:59 PM

Even though I'd like to get more distance from the Colts, this makes me even more glad to watch Andrew Luck running past the pursuing Suh for a long gain on the game-winning drive that led to Suh's Lions choking yet again. And Suh's lack of containment on Luck played a big role in it. Love that part!

ajohnson80 12-03-2012 07:47 PM

Is Suh even a good player anymore?? His first year with 10 sacks was good for a rookie but his last 2 season he hasn't even been top 50 at his position. His job is to get pressure on the qb and stop the run.

Last year he tallied 4 sacks and 26 tackles in 14 games. no ff or int.

This year 5.5 sacks and 21 tackles. no ff or int.

He has been pretty bad for 2 seasons. I guess that's why he tries to take out other players because he can't get the job done.

I personally feel he should switch to nose guard. He's strong enough to blow up the center every play.

TexanSam 12-03-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajohnson80 (Post 2070835)
Is Suh even a good player anymore?? His first year with 10 sacks was good for a rookie but his last 2 season he hasn't even been top 50 at his position. His job is to get pressure on the qb and stop the run.

He has been pretty bad for 2 seasons. I guess that's why he tries to take out other players because he can't get the job done.

5.5 sacks isn't bad for a DT. Suh is good, but he's the dirtiest player in the league. I hated to see the Colts beat the Lions on the last play, but after reading about this I'm not too upset about it. Suh is a POS.

Corrosion 12-03-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanSam (Post 2070836)
. Suh is a POS.

Whats sickening to me is that corporate sponsors still have the jackasses name tied to their products .... :thinking:

ajohnson80 12-03-2012 08:07 PM

Ya it's not that bad but theres plenty of guys putting up better numbers without all dirty stuff on the side. People always put him in their top 5 dts but I don't even consider him the best of that draft. Check out Geno Atkins in Cinci who was picked 210th that draft.

thunderkyss 12-03-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajohnson80 (Post 2070835)

I personally feel he should switch to nose guard. He's strong enough to blow up the center every play.

He may be distracted with all the dirty player talk. Instead of just playing his game, he's thinking about stupid crap.

GP 12-03-2012 09:04 PM

He's certainly building himself a nice, fat bank account of karma....that's for sure.

I can't wait until he makes a withdrawal on that account.

He needs to be humbled in a big, big way.

ObsiWan 12-03-2012 09:49 PM

Wonder if the league will take any action on this...?
Probably not since there's no rule against laughing.
...then again, maybe they'll consider this under the no taunting rule

TheMatrix31 12-04-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 2070891)
He's certainly building himself a nice, fat bank account of karma....that's for sure.

Maybe the Iron Sheik can humble him. Old Country Way.

ziggy29 12-04-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 2070935)
Wonder if the league will take any action on this...?
Probably not since there's no rule against laughing.
...then again, maybe they'll consider this under the no taunting rule

But is there a mechanism for fining someone for taunting? I thought the sole remedy for that is an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, IF the official sees it and decides to throw the flag.

I'm not sure there's an offense to fine here. But it solidifies his reputation as a punk.

BigBull17 12-04-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajohnson80 (Post 2070846)
Ya it's not that bad but theres plenty of guys putting up better numbers without all dirty stuff on the side. People always put him in their top 5 dts but I don't even consider him the best of that draft. Check out Geno Atkins in Cinci who was picked 210th that draft.

THIS. Atkins is a monster, and never does any of this crap. He is a football player, plain and simple. You can be tough without chicken **** dirty play.

michaelm 12-04-2012 11:14 AM

I think the league has broad latitude to define a player's actions as detrimental to the league, and can fine him under that premise if they want to.
Conduct detrimental to the league is a vaguely defined term, IIRC, giving the league a lot of wiggle room to drop the hammer if they see fit.

TheMatrix31 12-04-2012 11:14 AM

Hell, Geno Atkins is on the "if the MVP were given to people other than QBs, he'd be a candidate to win it" list.

BigBull17 12-04-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 2071172)
Hell, Geno Atkins is on the "if the MVP were given to people other than QBs, he'd be a candidate to win it" list.

Yep. SO many good defensive players in the league now. It gets lost in the offense first NFl, but there is a lot of talent on that side of the ball.

gtexan02 12-04-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 2070891)

(In my best Dos Equis commercial voice)"I don't always wish injuries on sports players, but when I do, its on guys like Suh"

Double Barrel 12-04-2012 01:08 PM

Am I a bad person for looking forward to the day when Suh either goes off the deep end or gets a serious injury?

:goodbad:

drs23 12-04-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 2071258)
Am I a bad person for looking forward to the day when Suh either goes off the deep end or gets a serious injury?

Nah, you're good.

GP 12-04-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 2071258)

No you're not bad.

I was smiling from ear to ear when the Titans' Dave Stewart got carted off the field.

For dirty players, I cheer injuries that happen to them. They're subhuman people. They've earned it.