Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Other Than the Texans, Who Do You Root For? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96562)

Pollardized 11-29-2012 07:50 PM

Other Than the Texans, Who Do You Root For?

As Texan fans, I'm assuming everyone here always root for the Texans, and for any team in a position to help the Texans with a victory. Hell I've even cheered for the cowgirls before if I thought it was needed. But at other times, is there a team that you always cheer for? A team you keep up with, pull for, like, etc? If so, why? Grow up in that city? A special connection to a player on that team? Just admire the way the franchise has always operated?

Owning my business, I meet a lot of people. It's amazing how many people in Houston are "Texans Fans", but yet in their homes I see items from other NFL teams. Usually it's there home city, and they've adopted the Texans as their new team. When I ask what happens when they play each other, it usually seems like the "home" team would get the support.

Playoffs 11-29-2012 07:51 PM

Re: Other Than the Texans, Who Do You Root For?

Nobody.

http://forum.qip.ru/images/smilies/pardon.gif

Speedy 11-29-2012 07:55 PM

My fantasy team.

GlassHalfFull 11-29-2012 07:56 PM

The Aggies

No other NFL team. but I have plenty I root against......:kitten:

Khari 11-29-2012 07:58 PM

the spurs, everybody on my fantasy team, whoever plays dallas, and sometimes the niners....... :-p

Showtime100 11-29-2012 07:58 PM

Niners, but with about a quarter of the feeling I have for the Texans.....less actually.

My wife is a Niner and since we met and got together around 2001 these two teams have mirrored each other to an almost astounding degree so I can't help but sympathize and empathize.

We went to the Niners-Texans in 2009 and it turned out to be one hell of a game after Houston went up 21-0 at the half. The introduction of Alex Smith as I think of it. He took over in the 3rd and damned near pulled the game out.

Looking to hook up with them in New Orleans.

Hardcore Texan 11-29-2012 08:00 PM

No other NFL team, but there are a few teams I hate a little less than the others :) Okay, truthe be told, there's a couple teams I am "neutral" about.

Scooter 11-29-2012 08:13 PM

i've always liked the steelers because from what little i remember back then, the games between them and the oilers were great.

Thorn 11-29-2012 08:15 PM

I'll root for the Seahawks if it doesn't conflict with anything Texans related. I used to do the same for the 49ers, but now they present more of a mental threat to me. If the Seahawks get really good, the same will probably happen to them.

Also, anybody playing the Cowpies I'll root for during that game.

Pollardized 11-29-2012 08:21 PM

For me, there's not one team I side with other than the Texans. I watch a lot of football, and the team I pull for in one week I may be against next week. Just depends on the situation. I used to pull for the Saints a lot because of the Bum and Earl connection. And then they were so bad for so long you just couldn't help but feel bad for them. But with all the Katrina idiots who brought their douchiness to Houston along with their Who Dat crap, I generally don't like the saints now. Tonight I want them to whip the falcons so I can stop hearing so much about how great matty iced cold beer is.

TexanSam 11-29-2012 08:27 PM

I root for the Titans

to lose.

stingray 11-29-2012 08:31 PM

I was a Rams fan for 20 years before the Texans. So I guess the Rams.

jaayteetx 11-29-2012 08:43 PM

Whoever is playing the Cowboys.

Hervoyel 11-29-2012 09:26 PM

Steelers because one of my best friends has always been a huge Steeler fan. They were my replacement team (to the extent that I paid any attention to football then) when the Oilers left town.

I feel bad for Cleveland fans and so I always look to see if they upset whoever was scheduled to beat them this week.

NCAA I follow the Cougars and to a lesser extent the rest of the Texas teams with the exceptions of Baylor and A&M. Both can go straight to hell for all I care and every time they lose I enjoy it immensely.

Wolf 11-29-2012 09:28 PM

Vikings and cowboys

b0ng 11-29-2012 09:31 PM

Actively root for? Usually the underdog (unless the underdogs are the Steelers or Titans, if both the Steelers and Titans are playing each other, then I root for a meteor to hit the stadium) of whatever game I'm watching or whatever team I predicted to win in pick'em.

thunderkyss 11-29-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollardized (Post 2068161)
As Texan fans, I'm assuming everyone here always root for the Texans, and for any team in a position to help the Texans with a victory.

I don't really "root" for another NFL team. I follow the Cowboys somewhat only because there are a lot of Cowboy fans in the family & there seems to be no end to comedic material.

Other than that, I root for players, not necessarily because of my fantasy team, but just because I appreciate good players. Peyton Manning... GOAT (well my lifetime for sure). Tony Gonzales....... ageless. Ray Lewis, the embodiment of Football. Jacoby, living the dream. Tebow, just because he upsets so many people. Sproles, Harvin, McCluster..... just real fun to watch. And a bunch of others.

Rey 11-29-2012 10:02 PM

I've stopped watching NFL games that don't involve the texans. I don't root for any other team. I'm just a hometown team type of guy.

texanhead08 11-29-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaayteetx (Post 2068222)
Whoever is playing the Cowboys.

This and I am a huge UH Cougar fan.

Exascor 11-29-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2068162)
Nobody.

I just pull for any team playing teams I dislike - like the Cowboys.