Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Did he just say that? No Whitney, No... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96544)

BullNation4Life 11-29-2012 10:11 AM

Did he just say that? No Whitney, No...

Don't know if anybody was listening to Nick and Lopez on 610 this morning but, did anyone hear the interview with Whitney Mercilus?

if you didn't, basically (paraphrasing) he was asked about Jake Locker and his ability to run our of the pocket and Mercilus said "yeah he is known to run, "it's gay", it's ok, we will have to contain him" or something to that effect, can't remember the exact wording but...

I think the Texans flying under the media's radar is a good thing in this situation cause this could be a potential S storm. Can you see the ESPN front page now? "Houston Texan Rookie Uses Gay Slur To Describe Titans QB"

G27RR 11-29-2012 10:18 AM

Re: Did he just say that? No Whitney, No...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullNation4Life (Post 2067827)
Don't know if anybody was listening to Nick and Lopez on 610 this morning but, did anyone hear the interview with Whitney Mercilus?

if you didn't, basically (paraphrasing) he was asked about Jake Locker and his ability to run our of the pocket and Mercilus said "yeah he is known to run, "it's gay", it's ok, we will have to contain him" or something to that effect, can't remember the exact wording but...

I think the Texans flying under the media's radar is a good thing in this situation cause this could be a potential S storm. Can you see the ESPN front page now? "Houston Texan Rookie Uses Gay Slur To Describe Titans QB"

Maybe he's just saying that locker is happily excited when he gets to run. :kitten:

Are you sure he didn't just say "it's okay, it's okay" twice in a row, and not "it's gay" one of those times?

Main Entry:*1gay*Pronunciation:*\ˈgā\Function:*adjectiv eEtymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French*gai,*of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German*gāhiquick, suddenDate: 14th century
1 a*:*happily excited*:*merry*<in a gay mood>*b*:*keenly alive and exuberant*:having or inducing high spirits*<a bird's gay spring song>
2 a*:*bright,*lively*<gay sunny meadows>*b*:brilliant in color
3*:*given to social pleasures;*also*:*licentious
4 a*:*homosexual*<gay men>*b:*of, relating to, or used by homosexuals*<the gay rights movement>*<a gay bar>synonyms*see*lively

Thorn 11-29-2012 10:18 AM

Much ado about nothing.

rmartin65 11-29-2012 10:20 AM

Meh, non-story. Languages evolve, word meanings change. "Gay" is now commonly used in that context, for better or for worse.

BullNation4Life 11-29-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2067832)
Much ado about nothing.

No you are right...Until someone like Florio or another Texans hater gets a hold of it and runs....

brakos82 11-29-2012 10:22 AM

Well, he does play for the Titans...

BullNation4Life 11-29-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G27RR (Post 2067831)
Maybe he's just saying that locker is happily excited when he gets to run. :kitten:

Are you sure he didn't just say "it's okay, it's okay" twice in a row, and not "it's gay" one of those times?

Main Entry:*1gay*Pronunciation:*\ˈgā\Function:*adjectiv eEtymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French*gai,*of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German*gāhiquick, suddenDate: 14th century
1 a*:*happily excited*:*merry*<in a gay mood>*b*:*keenly alive and exuberant*:having or inducing high spirits*<a bird's gay spring song>
2 a*:*bright,*lively*<gay sunny meadows>*b*:brilliant in color
3*:*given to social pleasures;*also*:*licentious
4 a*:*homosexual*<gay men>*b:*of, relating to, or used by homosexuals*<the gay rights movement>*<a gay bar>synonyms*see*lively

no it was "it's gay" and I understand the contex of the word in this day and age. when we used it as kids, it meant something totally different than it does now, just waiting for a media talking head to get a hold of it...

HTown2ATX 11-29-2012 10:32 AM

Yeah I heard that this morning too......shouldn't be a big deal but too many people who just love getting butt hurt out there so wouldn't be surprised if someone got all pissy about it.....which is gay in itself. :truck:

GlassHalfFull 11-29-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

ghey - a derivation of gay meaning lame. meant to be non-offensive to individuals of a homosexual persuasion
I ragged on my boys for their use of this term, but it is definitely in the vocabulary of the under 30 crowd.

Double Barrel 11-29-2012 10:35 AM

Maybe he meant Jake Locker is just HAPPY. :um:

NitroGSXR 11-29-2012 10:35 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwhhNgjxkp8

speedfreek 11-29-2012 10:45 AM

With the current state of the NFL, he'll receive a bigger fine for saying it than Suh got..

:roast:

TJ

Specnatz 11-29-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull (Post 2067844)
I ragged on my boys for their use of this term, but it is definitely in the vocabulary of the under 30 crowd.

I did not here it but I am 100% positive if he said it this how it was meant. My niece and others their age use it all the time.

76Texan 11-29-2012 10:53 AM

It's gay has a total different meaning from "he's gay"

Rey 11-29-2012 10:57 AM

I don't care about the PC crowd.

I'm just wondering why he feels it's gay that Locker uses his legs? I don't get his thought process there...

But whatever...Just play football...

HJam72 11-29-2012 11:16 AM

I don't want to to think about Jake Locker's legs. :nolisten:

Malloy 11-29-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72 (Post 2067874)
I don't want to to think about Jake Locker's legs. :nolisten:

I'm all distracted now, can't think of the game.. :)

thunderkyss 11-29-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2067860)
It's gay has a total different meaning from "he's gay"

I'm pretty sure he said, "It's ghey"

Texan_Bill 11-29-2012 11:25 AM

Are you sure he didn't say "it's 'kay" and slightly mispronounced it?

Other than that, this entire thread is ghey! :kitten:

Trap_Star 11-29-2012 11:27 AM

http://www.coolgraphic.org/wp-conten...-For-Orkut.jpg