Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 13 Preview - Texans v Titans (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96510)

EmDiggy 11-28-2012 09:31 AM

Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 13 Preview - Texans v Titans

Texans vs Titans Video Preview

Good morning Texans fans! Good luck this week!

Em

thunderkyss 11-28-2012 10:17 AM

Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 13 Preview - Texans v Titans

All right, First, please do something about balancing the volume through-out the skit.

Now, I liked you going to the board & diagramming the generic principles of zone coverage. I also think your comments about needing to improve the communication at the second level has some merit.

However, I think you missed the biggest reasons we struggled against the Jags, the Lions, & the Packers.

1st pass rush. For most of the game, there was no pass rush & more times than not, Rogers, Henne, & Stafford was able to camp in the backfield, phone a friend, then decide on what to do with the football. It's difficult for a secondary to hold up with that much time.

2nd.. mobility. Rogers & Stafford were amazing on the move & they both were able to deliver accurate balls from several launch points. I think we struggle with mobile QBs period. Plus those two are on another level. Henne, I think they came into the game thinking they're going to be playing the check-down king & ran into a gun-slinger with talented receivers (who knew?).

Thanks for giving props to Forsett, recognizing Matt's ability to spread the ball around, & the dominance of Jj Watt.

EmDiggy 11-28-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2067213)
All right, First, please do something about balancing the volume through-out the skit.

Now, I liked you going to the board & diagramming the generic principles of zone coverage. I also think your comments about needing to improve the communication at the second level has some merit.

However, I think you missed the biggest reasons we struggled against the Jags, the Lions, & the Packers.

1st pass rush. For most of the game, there was no pass rush & more times than not, Rogers, Henne, & Stafford was able to camp in the backfield, phone a friend, then decide on what to do with the football. It's difficult for a secondary to hold up with that much time.

2nd.. mobility. Rogers & Stafford were amazing on the move & they both were able to deliver accurate balls from several launch points. I think we struggle with mobile QBs period. Plus those two are on another level. Henne, I think they came into the game thinking they're going to be playing the check-down king & ran into a gun-slinger with talented receivers (who knew?).

Thanks for giving props to Forsett, recognizing Matt's ability to spread the ball around, & the dominance of Jj Watt.

Thanks Fiddler! Anytime you face a mobile QB it makes it 11-on-11...you just have to hope you get push not pressure from your ends to keep him boxed in

TimeKiller 11-28-2012 11:30 AM

If the Texans can keep the draw play to CJ down, the Titans have no chance of even a first down. I don't believe in Locker or the OL to hold up against our D, as beat up as it is.

thunderkyss 11-28-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimeKiller (Post 2067286)
If the Texans can keep the draw play to CJ down, the Titans have no chance of even a first down. I don't believe in Locker or the OL to hold up against our D, as beat up as it is.

I was thinking if I were their OC, I'd have Locker drop back, watching the LBs. If they drop, hand the ball off to CJ.

Pretty much their only chance.

Or, if I were Munchak I would tell everyone that Locker is going to start, but yank him & throw Hasselbeck in the game. Worked for Jags... almost.

SAMURAITEXAN 11-28-2012 03:26 PM

Thanks for video Em. Agree, I am also expecting Texans' D to show up strong VS Titans.

Go Texans!!!